“Where do I begin? Best hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The Angler's Boutique Resort)   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% off
Ranked #5 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bowie, Maryland
“Where do I begin? Best hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I just came back from SOBE late last night and stayed at this hotel from 26-28th. We stayed in 109 which was a poolside manor. SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRO'S/CONS LIST. The place was very spacious with 2 full bathrooms, king bed, pullout sofa. Since i'm a kimpton member I received $10 raid the bar, free wifi. I also got an email for a complimentary room upgrade which was unavailable since it was a holiday week. We arrived at 11am from FLL and checked in. Thankfully our room was ready and Christian (such a delight) showed us to our room and made himself available if we needed anything. Being that we were celebrating my birthday we wanted to go out and had a few friends that wanted to as well. We reserved a table at Barton G. (a must for presentation) and Marvin set up a ride from hotel/restaurant/club and back to hotel. Luis was our drivers name and he was so sweet. We ended up not going to the club that night but he gave us an unbeatable price for all he did. The next day we enjoyed wine hour at the hotel & happy hour with $6 apps and drinks. The apps/drinks were: calamari, shrimp, wings, mini crab balls, mojito, sangria and more. It was all delicious. The staff was so nice. Such a beautiful place and great atmosphere.

Pros:
Location is perfect! So close to everything
Spacious nice rooms
Free kimpton memebership you get $10 towards bar/free wifi
Serene atmosphere
Amazing staff

Cons:
Shower didn't have enough space to store things (not a real complaint)

I will def stay here again every time I come to SOBE.

Room Tip: Become a Kimpton Member for free. Also room 109 two level poolside is really nice and convenient!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Jacqueline P, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
mela_monique,
Thanks for your wonderful compliments and for naming us BEST HOTEL. We are thrilled to hear that you selected us for your birthday celebration. It makes us happy that we created an unforgettable experience, from your upgraded suite to our staffs attentiveness and great perks we offer our loyal Kimpton Karma guests. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future, please visit us again.
Jacqueline Ploettner, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

i stayed at this hotel after a cruise. We arrived at 830am and as I had advised them we were coming from a cruise the room was available immediately. the room was large with a king size bed and the bathroom was spacious, the room was clean and housekeeping went in twice a day.
I had picked it due to the reviews on here and also due to the location and the fact that it had sightseeing bus tour stops nearby.
It was also near to walgreens and cvs-pharmacies with food available as like most cities prices of food are at a premium and there is tax added on as well. I went and got bottles of water and soda from there and they did lovely salads and sandwiches with fruit and crisps available.
The hotel give you beach towels and a beach bag and umbrella to take to the beach. they have compliemtary tea and coffee from7am-1030am and free wine. the staff are all friendly and happy to help with any questions. Make the most of the free tea as one afternoon we ordered tea and was shocked to find that 3 pots of tea was $10!
Most of the staff were lovely and a big shout out to Brian who was extremly helpful and kind and always there with a smile and ready to help and give his advice and expertise to help us make sure we had the best holiday possible.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
lizziemc929,
Thanks for taking the time sharing such wonderful feedback. We are happy to see that you enjoyed all our hotel had to offer, from our convenient location in South Beach to our spacious and sanctuary guest rooms, morning coffee service and hosted social hour, with complimentary wines and snacks. We appreciate your compliments with regards to our attentive and friendly staff.
We hope you will be our guest again, please return soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I went to SoBe with two of my friends that had never visited the area before. I booked the hotel because I stayed at the Anglers before and the stay was very nice and the staff were amazing. This time I had no idea that "Urban Beach Weekend" was happening (apparently it has been happening the last 15 years, every Memorial Day Weekend). Washington, Collins, & Ocean Drive are all shut down from 7th to about 17th. 10 blocks of hell! I felt really bad that this was there first experience to SoBe. When we checked into the hotel it was excellent service as usual. The only problem this time was the front desk person Nickalus. Everyone else, especially Brian was very helpful and accommodating. I asked for an extra sheet for the bed and was told by Nickalus, "we don't give out extra sheets. He was rude to their employees right in front of customers and when he saw that customers were watching he quickly tried to change his tune. The rooms are clean. The food is great! Free wine!!! Close to the beach without the hustle & bustle of Ocean Drive.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Haelat,
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate your compliments with regards to our staff, especially Brian. However, we are sadden to see that Nik, who is usually the epitome of customer service failed taking care of you and therefore we sincerely apologize.
We hope you will be our guest again when visiting Miami in the future. We are looking forward to your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Miami is awesome! Staying at The Angler's Hotel makes it even better!!!!! Spacious and bright room, very elegant and quirky, with character and yet still the luxury you would expect on South Beach. On first appearances it's welcoming, and not too ostentatious with incredibly friendly staff. We'd definitely stay there again!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Jacqueline P, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Soultana_uk
Thanks for your amazing review. We appreciate your compliments regarding our spacious and comfy guest rooms and our attentive and genuine guest service.
It makes us happy you loved everything about your stay and we are looking forward to your return. Please be our guest again.
Washington D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I booked this hotel through Expedia and got a pretty good deal. Upon arriving our room was not available (oversold) but they offered an upgrade in room category and two continental breakfasts for both mornings of our two night stay. I thought this hotel was a great size with nice sized rooms. It was expensive but Marven and Brian both really went out of their way to make sure we had a great experience and would be the biggest reason I would be willing to go back. Although I cannot really see myself going back to South Beach again anytime soon (one visit is probably enough for me), I would recommend this hotel to others due to the great service.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
wayne518
Thanks for your lovely comments. We are sorry your room was not ready upon arrival but how amazing that you were upgraded and treated for breakfast. Our staff is amazing and really cares about our guests.
We appreciate you are recommending us to other travelers and we hope that you will be our guest again.
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived to the hotel and decided on the valet parking at 38usd a night which I think is a bit steep but Miami beach is expensive.

We were greeted by valet very welcoming but the the reception area was not so welcoming. We were given no information and the she questioned another receptionist about something about our booking. He told her not to worry. Well our room was lovely and clean with a couch but the only thing I can say is we stayed on the far side of the hotel where they are about to do some piledriving in the block next door so I feel sorry for the people staying there after us. I would not have been happy if I had not been informed of this.

I would have given this hotel a higher review. The reason I'm not is that we picked our car up after 2 straight days of being parked and when we left we had discorved that we had lost fuel. Quite a lot actually. Unfortunately we didn't have record of this but I can say the we left Fort Lauderdale with a full tank drove straight to Miami Beach. We used less fuel driving from Miami Beach to Orlando! We think they siphoned the fuel. I have no proof unfortunately otherwise I would be taking this up with the hotel. This put a bad taste in my mouth.

Room Tip: Become a Kimpton member otherwise you have to pay for the WIFI so technically it's not free. Plu...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Travelingaussiechick
Thanks for taking the time sharing such detailed feedback from your stay. While we were happy to see that your stay was to your overall satisfaction and you were pleased by the service our attentive staff provided, we are in shock to read your comments regarding your car. Please be certain that we shared your comments with our valet parking provider and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We truly hope this issue will not keep you from returning to our hotel next time you are visiting Florida and Miami again.
We would love to have you back as our guests.
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After a long haul flight I arrived with my husband late on a friday afternoon to spend 2 nights at the Angler's. We had paid in advance and I had emailed a week ahead to let them know we were on our honeymoon. I was therefore rather shocked to be told upon arrival that they were overbooked. At that point they started to contact sister properties but their other one Miami Beach was apparently also full so they then tried to revert us to their downtown hotel. This was totally unacceptable. We insisted to talk to the manager, and then they did offer an upgrade to a suite at the Angler's. From then on, the stay was fine and we were provided a courtesy bottle of champagne which was also very nice. However, this should not happen at all and especially not if you have already paid and should it happen anyway, a plan B should of course be worked out in the morning so that we could have been delighted in being offered something better than what we had originally booked. To try to fob us off with a downtown property when we had booked the beach was of course totally unrealistic and why did they not offer us the suite to begin with? Anyhow, the location is quite good (albeit if we go again we will stay furher up on the beach closer to more restaurants and shops and to a quieter part of the beach), close to but also far away enough from the hectic Ocean Drive, the staff on the whole very friendly and helpful and the bikes that you can borrow are great.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Katinka6563,
Thanks for sharing your comments from your recent visit with us. Please allow us to sincerely apologize for your arrival experience, definitely not the way we wanted for you to start your Honeymoon with us, and therefore we ask for forgiveness.
However, we are glad we were able to provide you with an upgraded accommodate and some bubbly to make the remainder of your stay enjoyable and fun.
We hope you will be our guests again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Jacqueline Ploettner, General Manager

Been to Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!