“Nice location for an extended weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The Angler's Boutique Resort)   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% off
Ranked #4 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, New York
“Nice location for an extended weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed at the Angler's for the last weekend in July. I didn't want to stay on Ocean Drive, but the Angler's is a short walk to the beach. Our room was on the first floor on the side of the hotel, we were in a studio king, which felt almost like an apartment. I was disappointed that we had to walk either thru the front lobby or around the hotel to access the pool. The area is strange, the corner from the hotel is seedy, there was a homeless man that lived on the bench on the corner, but the hotel and stores across the street from it are ok. We grew used to seeing the homeless man that lived on the bench on the corner. I would stay here again if I did another extended weekend trip to South Beach

Room Tip: The pool area has speakers with music that can be loud.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
NicoleCharisse
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear the situation you encountered with a homeless person near our property and like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. However, we are thrilled that this didn’t impact your stay and that you had a great time overall. It makes us happy that we will be your hotel of choice again next time you are visiting South Beach. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best wishes from The Anglers Miami South Beach, A Kimpton Hotel
Jacqueline Ploettner, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is my second time at the Angler's since my stay last June and I was delighted to see that Jessica at the desk was still there. She was very hepful during my last visit and I remember her fondly. Since my last visit, the hotel has become a Kimpton and I thought this was a natural fit. The wine hour was lovely and the k cups in the room did not go unnoticed. This hotel is just so well run on so many levels and I really enjoyed my spacious room, but even more so the personalized service. I told John at the 660 restaurant that I would come back soon and spend more time. The location is convenient and away from the rowdy crowds that can often be associated with Miami. It's so refreshing to be genuinely welcomed at a hotel. The in room welcome amenities were a nice touch and I loved that the Bellman knew my room number upon asking my last name at the repentance so I could avoid carrying my items up the stairs to check in. Love this hotel and can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but I liked room 501
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Jacqueline P, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Marissa H
Thanks for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that your travels brought you back to The Angler’s this year again. We appreciate your kind compliments about our attentive and welcoming staff. Thanks for noticing all the little perks we offer as a Kimpton hotel, from our complimentary morning coffee to our evening hosted wine hour. We can’t wait having you back as our guest - hopefully for a longer stay next time.
Hershey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Angler's is a great place to stay at. The Hotel is beautiful inside and out. The rooms are very clean and updated. The staff are wonderful. We had a car and we used the valet, we left our luggage in the trunk and forgot about it. We waited for the valet to come back to give us our ticket and the poor guy, brought everything out of our trunk, we felt so foolish of forgetting them and felt bad for the poor guy, it was so hot. We made it up with the tip. It is close to the main strip of South Beach, shopping, restaurant, and beach would defiantly go back to this place the next time I stay in South Beach.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HersheyCocoa
Thanks for posting such an amazing feedback from your stay. We appreciate your kind words about our attentive staff. It makes us happy that you had a great vacation with us and we are looking forward to your return.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Recommended by 2 friends and did not disappoint. Rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The staff cannot do enough for you.
Nice little touches, like giving us sun cream when we were going out for the day.
Location is great.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Colleen D
Thanks for your wonderful comments. We are happy you enjoyed everything The Angler’s has to offer, from our spacious and comfy rooms, to our amenities and amazing location in the heart of South Beach. We appreciate you are recommending us to other travelers.
Please be our guest again. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed at around 10 hotels on our trip in the US and found this to be one of the best. It is conveniently located very close to Ocean Drive. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I had to scan a couple of documents while I was there and they helped me a lot with that.

Our room was at ground level, close to the pool. It was very spacious (it even had a lounge area), well equipped and looked fancy. We felt very comfortable. If there is anything I could criticize it is that the station of the cordless telephone was installed right next to the bed's head end and could not be removed as it was screwed to the wall. I personally don't appreciate electic stuff only inches away from me at night.

We did not try the pool, but it looked nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Denneo
Thanks for posting such a great review from your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your overall stay with us.
It makes us happy to hear that you had everything you needed for a comfy and relaxing vacation.
We hope your travels will bring you back very soon. Please be our guest again.
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

From the time I stepped foot into the lobby, I was blown away. They are knowledgeable about the area and surrounding areas - anything you can think of - they'll tell you where the best is! The staff, especially Nik, were so attentive to every little detail - it was truly unlike any hotel experience I've ever had. Nik went out of his way to make sure my first trip to Miami was truly a memorable one. He gave the BEST recommendations of where to go, what to do, where to eat. I highly recommend this hotel. I will definitely stay here when I am in Florida!

Caltex77
Thanks for sharing such wonderful comments and for praising our staff, especially Nik, for a memorable service he provided. We are glad you enjoyed our sanctuary hotel and everything Miami and South Beach have to offer. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hotel is nice and just plain it is what it is considering location. Front desk manager makes promises he can't keep and was incredibly not accommodating. I will never visit or recommend this Hotel again. It's sad cause it's not a bad spot.

Stayed July 2014
Chrissy1234567
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay with us. We are disappointed to read your comments about our front desk manager. We truly apologized for not meeting your requests and expectation during your stay. We hope you will reconsider and give us a second chance when visiting Miami again.
Jacqueline Ploettner, General Manager

Been to Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!