“Customer service - excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The Angler's Boutique Resort)   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% off
Ranked #5 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Stavanger, Norway
“Customer service - excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed at the hotel 5 days before a cruise. Arriving from cold Norway we were met with a warm welcome. The suite was nice, clean and spacious. We had dinner at the hotel twice, and the food and service was excellent. Breakfast was also excellent. We were provided with beach towels and free water. The location is great, only 5 min. walk to the beach. After our cruise, we were able to leave our luggage at the hotel, we got towels and water, so we could spend another 4 hours at the beach, before we had to return back to Norway and the cold winter. Excellent service. All the staff did their best to give us a nice stay. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Lynn2760
Thanks for staying at The Angler’s before your cruise. Our location is ideally, as we are only 10min away from the Port of Miami. We are happy that you enjoyed our attentive and caring service and our spacious and comfy guest rooms. We truly hope you will be our guest again, please return soon.
Jacqueline Ploettner, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I absolutely LOVED this hotel! I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay for my 25th birthday! The atmosphere is amazing, the decor is very nice (even nicer than the pictures), and the hotel staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was flawless from the time we entered the door until the time we left.
I traveled with my boyfriend. Our flight arrived early so our room wasn't ready yet when we arrived at 2. They held our bags and we went walking around the neighborhood. I mentioned to them once before we headed out that it was my birthday so I was looking forward to enjoying Miami. We came back to hotel about an hour later. Our room was ready so we went up to the second floor. The room was super nice!! And to my surprise they decorated the room with several balloons for my birthday. That is the type of personal touch that this staff had for the duration of my trip. If we needed anything they came right away and they were always available. Our room was serviced twice a day, once in the morning and then in the evenings around 6pm for turndown service. Our room was spacious, a king bed with a sitting area and two closets. I love good showers, and this one is definitely a good one. The best little hidden feature of the room is that is has speakers built into the ceiling!
The wine hour was great, you get the opportunity to mingle with the staff and enjoy your wine wherever you would like (the pool, cabanas, outside...) they will even send it up to your room if you don't want to go down. The cabanas have a couple of magazines there for reading pleasure as well.
Anyone who gives this hotel a bad review is out of their mind! You will not find a better quaint boutique hotel in South Beach! Thank You Angler's staff for my 25th Birthday truly one to remember! Trust me I won't be staying anywhere else when I come back to Miami!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Landerson11
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful review. We are absolutely thrilled to hear about the amazing stay you had at The Angler’s. It makes us happy that you enjoyed our little birthday surprise and all the other perks we offer. Glad you felt comfy and had an unforgettable time. We are looking forward to your next birthday celebration at our hotel or a visit in between.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two evenings with my boyfriend. We arrived fairly early to the hotel and were welcomed warmly by the young lady working at the front desk. Since we arrived so early, our room was not ready right away. We stored our luggage behind the front desk and came back around 2pm to check into the room. Our luggage had been brought up to our room by the time we returned to the hotel.

The room itself was very nice. It had a good size bathroom and a small seating area. The bed was quite comfortable. Free internet was included in the room if you were a member of the InTouch network for Kimpton hotels which was a nice perk. The hotel has a complimentary wine hour for all hotel guests that we were invited to join as well.

I was very happy with my decision to stay at this hotel until the complimentary wine hour. It started off just fine. We were offered a glass of wine as we took a seat. Someone came by a few minutes after we had taken a seat and provided us with a menu listing happy hour specials. We decided relatively quickly that we wanted to order something to eat. This is when the disappointing customer service began. Although others around us were queried for their food orders, no one came back to take our food order.

We found it difficult to catch the eye of the waitstaff and they certainly didn't come back to check on us. We eventually waved to gain the attention of a waiter and he begrudging took our food order. Everyone around us received their food orders and continued to have their wine glasses refilled. In fact, it became almost a depressing game as we watched everyone around us be offered additional refills for their wine glasses and their empty food plates were cleared away. I began to worry that they had forgotten to place our food order and we reminded someone on the wait staff that we had ordered food too. Eventually, our food order was arrived along with our check shortly afterwards even though we had not asked for our check. We did not feel welcome.

I really wanted to love this hotel. The room was quite nice and the folks at the front desk were wonderfully helpful and welcoming from the beginning. The complementary internet was a great touch. Unfortunately, after the disappointing experience in the hotel lounge, I no longer felt comfortable at this hotel. I wouldn't stay here again.

Wandering03
Thanks you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your kind comments about your arrival experience and the comfort of your guest room. However, we are saddened to read your comments about our lounge service. We are truly sorry we did not provided you with the same attention as other guests and you felt not welcomed. We truly understand your frustration and sincerely apologize for dropping the ball.
We sincerely hope you will be giving us a second chance and returning to our hotel and restaurant as our guests.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We walked into a charming courtyard with a bubbling spa and were surprised at the 2 story bungalow that was our "room". Always enjoy the uniqueness of a Kimpton hotel i.e., yoga supplies in the closet. The downstairs living area is lovely as is the upstairs guest room with a full bath on each floor. The space is ultra clean and well designed for a tranquil retreat from the chaos of Ocean Blvd. Caution must be given if you've any difficulties with a narrow spiral staircase that leads to the bedroom.

• Stayed February 2014
TOCazzie
Thanks for sharing your great comments. We are thrilled to hear that you loved our unique and spacious guest rooms and our wellness perks, such as yoga mats in each room and our Kimpton bikes, for our guests to use complimentary to explore our surroundings.
We are happy you had a wonderful time and looking forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took an impromptu trip to Miami with our two sons after a trip to Charlotte, NC was suddenly cancelled due to weather. I'm currently almost 33 weeks pregnant with our fourth child, and my husband had injured his back leaving me to tend to him and the kids the week prior to our arrival at The Angler's. I chose the hotel because my hubby wanted me to be pampered after a week of stress, and we've never been disappointed by a Kimoton resort (we always stay at the Hotel Monaco when we go to Portland, as well as other Kimpton resorts in our travels). The property is beautiful, and the valet greeted us warmly and promptly loaded up our bags and we were checked in by Jennifer and another gentleman, both of which were kind, helpful, and efficient. We got to our room, unpacked, and even had time for room service dinner. The following day, our AC would not cool the room. At nearly 33 weeks pregnant and already VERY opposed to the heat (why I live in south Florida is a mystery), I was miserable. Jennifer quickly came up with the engineer and determined our AC had froze, due to the previous guests likely changing the temp up and down too quickly. They said we'd have to turn off the AC to let it defrost and then we could turn it back on to cool the room, all of which would take 1.5 hours, max. Jennifer was so kind and offered breakfast for free, so we accepted. But about 40 minutes later, I knew I couldn't handle waiting in that room and having dealt with a frozen AC numerous times at our old home, I knew it would be a while yet. Jennifer had previously offered a temporary room for us until ours was cool of to change altogether but I had refused, I really don't like complaining or being a nuisance. Unfortunately, I had to be one or I'd end up sick due to the heat. Britan, who had taken over since Jennifer had gone home, was amazing. She quickly found us another room, a deluxe suite on the pool, that was ICY COLD AND OUTSTANDING! She offered apologies and came to our old room, loaded up the bags for us, and had the maid turn down the soda bed for the boys before our arrival at the new room.

I can't emphasize enough how incredible the staff at The Angler's are. They're the best in the business, truly. My husband and I have traveled all over the world, both for pleasure and for his occupation as an attorney. We've stayed at many four-star resorts and I can emphatically say that The Angler's staff is by far the most courteous and efficient by far. The Angler's itself is lovely, and although the pool is quaint, I loved it. It's nestled in an inner courtyard, surrounded by lush greenery and two cabanas as well as the patios of guest rooms. The food is delectable, especially the mushroom risotto that comes with the NY strip (which was so tender, it could be cut with a butter knife). The only thing I feel the hotel lacks are bathtubs. I'm a sucker for a nice tub, but I can forgo that in lieu of all the other excellent amenities on site. Room service goes until 10 or 11, depending on the day. The rooms are a generous size and each come equipped with a stocked mini bar and kitchenette, as well as a single serving Keurig which I was thrilled with.

Overall, I'm so glad we stated here and we will again. Jennifer and Britan were beyond wonderful, I can't emphasize that enough. All the staff we encountered were superb, not one person was less than perfectly accommodating and warm. Do yourself a favor and treat your family to a stay here. You will NOT regret it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bohomamasoul
Thanks for sharing the feedback from your recent visit with us. We are so sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced with the A/C in your room. However, we are very excited that our team, especially Jennifer and Britan turned the situation quickly around and you enjoyed your stay to the fullest from there on. Thanks also for dining in our restaurant 660 At The Angler’s. We are glad you enjoyed our delicious dishes.
We are looking forward to having you back as our guest, and can’t wait to see this beautiful baby of yours.
Farnham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have just stayed for the second time at this hotel. It is quirky, friendly with excellent rooms. Comfortable bed, good shower, decent toiletries etc. We had a ground floor room which was somewhat overlooked. It did not affect our stay as we were only staying over night but if we were there for longer we would have requested a room on a higher floor.
The staff were very helpful and let us leave our cases on our return from our cruise whilst we spent the morning in Miami before flying home. We will definitely return if we go back to Miami..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Janecaroline1
Thanks for your wonderful review and for your compliments regarding our attentive and super friendly staff. We are glad you had a comfy stay. We definitely look forward to your next visit with us.
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The Angler's was our first impression of service culture on American soil. It took us a long time to finally travel to USA and I think we got a perfect start at The Angler's. We were spoiled, even :-)

The staff at the desk are very helpful and skilled. Before our trip, they helped in arranging a birthday surprise for my wife, a massage in the room, and even if we had to do some changes to details during our stay, it remained a surprise for my wife. Also, they helped us by making restaurant reservation for the birthday night. Everything seemed possible. Thank you!

We stayed for 1+3 nights with a Caribbean cruise in between. Both our rooms were nice, but especially the room we stayed for 3 nights was very pleasant, spacious and of course clean as ever. It had a home kind of feel to them with nice sofas, some art photo books to browse through, very relaxing.

The hotel is located by a busy street and some street noise and other noises are heard in the room, but in the end not so much that it'd bother you. The Angler's are relatively small hotel, so the overall feeling is very cosy and quiet.

For breakfast, we stuck with the option of complimentary continental breakfast we had with our reservation. We could've upgraded to menu breakfast by $5, but didn't seem necessary.

During late afternoons, they have "a wine tasting" hour which means they serve free wine by glasses to anyone interested. Perfect way to get people in a good mood after a hard day ;-)

With such a nice location, great service and quality rooms, it's very easy to recommend this hotel.

Palmu
Thanks so much for your 5star review. We are thrilled you selected our hotel for your wife’s birthday celebration and were not disappointed. Even being in the heart of South Beach, we offer a very sanctuary and tranquil ambience, perfect who likes to relax on vacation.
It makes us happy you enjoyed all the extra perks we offer, from complimentary coffee and tea service to our evening wine hour.
We are glad you are planning on returning and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.
Jacqueline Ploettner, General Manager

Been to Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!