“Lovely Retreat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The Angler's Boutique Resort)   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% off
Ranked #4 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely Retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We walked into a charming courtyard with a bubbling spa and were surprised at the 2 story bungalow that was our "room". Always enjoy the uniqueness of a Kimpton hotel i.e., yoga supplies in the closet. The downstairs living area is lovely as is the upstairs guest room with a full bath on each floor. The space is ultra clean and well designed for a tranquil retreat from the chaos of Ocean Blvd. Caution must be given if you've any difficulties with a narrow spiral staircase that leads to the bedroom.

• Stayed February 2014
Jacqueline P, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
TOCazzie
Thanks for sharing your great comments. We are thrilled to hear that you loved our unique and spacious guest rooms and our wellness perks, such as yoga mats in each room and our Kimpton bikes, for our guests to use complimentary to explore our surroundings.
We are happy you had a wonderful time and looking forward to your next visit.
Jacqueline Ploettner, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took an impromptu trip to Miami with our two sons after a trip to Charlotte, NC was suddenly cancelled due to weather. I'm currently almost 33 weeks pregnant with our fourth child, and my husband had injured his back leaving me to tend to him and the kids the week prior to our arrival at The Angler's. I chose the hotel because my hubby wanted me to be pampered after a week of stress, and we've never been disappointed by a Kimoton resort (we always stay at the Hotel Monaco when we go to Portland, as well as other Kimpton resorts in our travels). The property is beautiful, and the valet greeted us warmly and promptly loaded up our bags and we were checked in by Jennifer and another gentleman, both of which were kind, helpful, and efficient. We got to our room, unpacked, and even had time for room service dinner. The following day, our AC would not cool the room. At nearly 33 weeks pregnant and already VERY opposed to the heat (why I live in south Florida is a mystery), I was miserable. Jennifer quickly came up with the engineer and determined our AC had froze, due to the previous guests likely changing the temp up and down too quickly. They said we'd have to turn off the AC to let it defrost and then we could turn it back on to cool the room, all of which would take 1.5 hours, max. Jennifer was so kind and offered breakfast for free, so we accepted. But about 40 minutes later, I knew I couldn't handle waiting in that room and having dealt with a frozen AC numerous times at our old home, I knew it would be a while yet. Jennifer had previously offered a temporary room for us until ours was cool of to change altogether but I had refused, I really don't like complaining or being a nuisance. Unfortunately, I had to be one or I'd end up sick due to the heat. Britan, who had taken over since Jennifer had gone home, was amazing. She quickly found us another room, a deluxe suite on the pool, that was ICY COLD AND OUTSTANDING! She offered apologies and came to our old room, loaded up the bags for us, and had the maid turn down the soda bed for the boys before our arrival at the new room.

I can't emphasize enough how incredible the staff at The Angler's are. They're the best in the business, truly. My husband and I have traveled all over the world, both for pleasure and for his occupation as an attorney. We've stayed at many four-star resorts and I can emphatically say that The Angler's staff is by far the most courteous and efficient by far. The Angler's itself is lovely, and although the pool is quaint, I loved it. It's nestled in an inner courtyard, surrounded by lush greenery and two cabanas as well as the patios of guest rooms. The food is delectable, especially the mushroom risotto that comes with the NY strip (which was so tender, it could be cut with a butter knife). The only thing I feel the hotel lacks are bathtubs. I'm a sucker for a nice tub, but I can forgo that in lieu of all the other excellent amenities on site. Room service goes until 10 or 11, depending on the day. The rooms are a generous size and each come equipped with a stocked mini bar and kitchenette, as well as a single serving Keurig which I was thrilled with.

Overall, I'm so glad we stated here and we will again. Jennifer and Britan were beyond wonderful, I can't emphasize that enough. All the staff we encountered were superb, not one person was less than perfectly accommodating and warm. Do yourself a favor and treat your family to a stay here. You will NOT regret it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bohomamasoul
Thanks for sharing the feedback from your recent visit with us. We are so sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced with the A/C in your room. However, we are very excited that our team, especially Jennifer and Britan turned the situation quickly around and you enjoyed your stay to the fullest from there on. Thanks also for dining in our restaurant 660 At The Angler’s. We are glad you enjoyed our delicious dishes.
We are looking forward to having you back as our guest, and can’t wait to see this beautiful baby of yours.
Farnham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have just stayed for the second time at this hotel. It is quirky, friendly with excellent rooms. Comfortable bed, good shower, decent toiletries etc. We had a ground floor room which was somewhat overlooked. It did not affect our stay as we were only staying over night but if we were there for longer we would have requested a room on a higher floor.
The staff were very helpful and let us leave our cases on our return from our cruise whilst we spent the morning in Miami before flying home. We will definitely return if we go back to Miami..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Janecaroline1
Thanks for your wonderful review and for your compliments regarding our attentive and super friendly staff. We are glad you had a comfy stay. We definitely look forward to your next visit with us.
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The Angler's was our first impression of service culture on American soil. It took us a long time to finally travel to USA and I think we got a perfect start at The Angler's. We were spoiled, even :-)

The staff at the desk are very helpful and skilled. Before our trip, they helped in arranging a birthday surprise for my wife, a massage in the room, and even if we had to do some changes to details during our stay, it remained a surprise for my wife. Also, they helped us by making restaurant reservation for the birthday night. Everything seemed possible. Thank you!

We stayed for 1+3 nights with a Caribbean cruise in between. Both our rooms were nice, but especially the room we stayed for 3 nights was very pleasant, spacious and of course clean as ever. It had a home kind of feel to them with nice sofas, some art photo books to browse through, very relaxing.

The hotel is located by a busy street and some street noise and other noises are heard in the room, but in the end not so much that it'd bother you. The Angler's are relatively small hotel, so the overall feeling is very cosy and quiet.

For breakfast, we stuck with the option of complimentary continental breakfast we had with our reservation. We could've upgraded to menu breakfast by $5, but didn't seem necessary.

During late afternoons, they have "a wine tasting" hour which means they serve free wine by glasses to anyone interested. Perfect way to get people in a good mood after a hard day ;-)

With such a nice location, great service and quality rooms, it's very easy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Palmu
Thanks so much for your 5star review. We are thrilled you selected our hotel for your wife’s birthday celebration and were not disappointed. Even being in the heart of South Beach, we offer a very sanctuary and tranquil ambience, perfect who likes to relax on vacation.
It makes us happy you enjoyed all the extra perks we offer, from complimentary coffee and tea service to our evening wine hour.
We are glad you are planning on returning and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We chose Anglers as an alternative to the fountain Bleau as it was a bit more personal
The location is great and the offer a great.
We stayed in there best room the hot tub villa suite at $700 a night.
They had arranged chocolates sparkling and rose petrels a great touch. I think this is where it ended.
The hotel seems to have changed management recently and thus kimpton come on board with staff very new.
The reception staff are great but over run with enquiries. The rest if the waiting staff are new and not as attentive as the others.
We had problems with the valet which took long periods of time to get the car.Itcosts a lot as you can park two blocks away for cheaper.
The bell men don't exist we saw many people moving their own bags and struggling. We did and the help we got dropped all our clothes in a puddle
The hotel sorted all this but was very much a reactive team rather than proactive.
The rooms were great but very difficult to get suitcases upstairs.
Beds comfy and hot tub a great feature.
Privacy is an issue you can be seen from the road in the hot tub and mini patio and worse still our neighbours just stood at the window for two days and watched these newly weds enjoy themselves in the hot tub. Very off putting
The breakfast and evening drinks service is very slow and poor we had to keep asking for things.if you sit outside you get forgotten about
The kimpton loyalty scheme is poorly represented and should be honoured more to keep people coming back.
We spent a lot of money in two days and we started well but I think the hotel just got too busy and staff struggled. We would return and await to see what the new building work brings.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
jm19007
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay with . We are happy you chose The Anglers and spent a part of your honeymoon with us. We are glad you enjoyed the surprise we set up in your room upon your arrival. However, we are sorry to hear that we did not meet all your service expectations. As you know, we became a Kimpton Hotel 3 month ago and continuously improving our services and offerings. We look forward to have you back as our guest to provide you with the service you expect and deserve.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed here for 4 days in January. It was mostly for business but I did get to squeeze some leisure time in between meetings. Great staff and great property. While my assistant booked my original trip I did extend my stay by a day. Jennifer with the hotel made me extending my trip very easy. She was friendly and efficient. Michelle with the spa was very informative and helpful. Carlos with the staff gave great restaurant advise. All together with a great property and great piece of real estate along with great talent and customer service...this place is definitely on my revisit list.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
masters99
Thanks for your lovely review. It makes us very happy to hear that you extended after your business meeting for some R&R. We are glad that our staff made such lasting impressions and provided an attentive and friendly service.
We are looking forward to having you back as our guest in the future.
Chicago, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Another quality Kimpton approach hotel. Stayed there for several days over New Years with my girlfriend who during that period became my fiance. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were completely happy starting with Champagne and strawberries in the room when we checked in. Very nice little oasis to relax, yet easy walk to the hustle of South Beach. Well done.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Roy858
WOW – what better way to start the New Year than with a proposal. We are so happy you select The Angler’s for that special moment and we are thrilled our staff took good care of you and made a lasting impression. We are hoping to be the hotel of your choice for your Wedding and looking forward to having you and you fiancé as our guests again.
Jacqueline Ploettner, General Manager

Been to Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!