My husband and I took an impromptu trip to Miami with our two sons after a trip to Charlotte, NC was suddenly cancelled due to weather. I'm currently almost 33 weeks pregnant with our fourth child, and my husband had injured his back leaving me to tend to him and the kids the week prior to our arrival at The Angler's. I chose the hotel because my hubby wanted me to be pampered after a week of stress, and we've never been disappointed by a Kimoton resort (we always stay at the Hotel Monaco when we go to Portland, as well as other Kimpton resorts in our travels). The property is beautiful, and the valet greeted us warmly and promptly loaded up our bags and we were checked in by Jennifer and another gentleman, both of which were kind, helpful, and efficient. We got to our room, unpacked, and even had time for room service dinner. The following day, our AC would not cool the room. At nearly 33 weeks pregnant and already VERY opposed to the heat (why I live in south Florida is a mystery), I was miserable. Jennifer quickly came up with the engineer and determined our AC had froze, due to the previous guests likely changing the temp up and down too quickly. They said we'd have to turn off the AC to let it defrost and then we could turn it back on to cool the room, all of which would take 1.5 hours, max. Jennifer was so kind and offered breakfast for free, so we accepted. But about 40 minutes later, I knew I couldn't handle waiting in that room and having dealt with a frozen AC numerous times at our old home, I knew it would be a while yet. Jennifer had previously offered a temporary room for us until ours was cool of to change altogether but I had refused, I really don't like complaining or being a nuisance. Unfortunately, I had to be one or I'd end up sick due to the heat. Britan, who had taken over since Jennifer had gone home, was amazing. She quickly found us another room, a deluxe suite on the pool, that was ICY COLD AND OUTSTANDING! She offered apologies and came to our old room, loaded up the bags for us, and had the maid turn down the soda bed for the boys before our arrival at the new room.
I can't emphasize enough how incredible the staff at The Angler's are. They're the best in the business, truly. My husband and I have traveled all over the world, both for pleasure and for his occupation as an attorney. We've stayed at many four-star resorts and I can emphatically say that The Angler's staff is by far the most courteous and efficient by far. The Angler's itself is lovely, and although the pool is quaint, I loved it. It's nestled in an inner courtyard, surrounded by lush greenery and two cabanas as well as the patios of guest rooms. The food is delectable, especially the mushroom risotto that comes with the NY strip (which was so tender, it could be cut with a butter knife). The only thing I feel the hotel lacks are bathtubs. I'm a sucker for a nice tub, but I can forgo that in lieu of all the other excellent amenities on site. Room service goes until 10 or 11, depending on the day. The rooms are a generous size and each come equipped with a stocked mini bar and kitchenette, as well as a single serving Keurig which I was thrilled with.
Overall, I'm so glad we stated here and we will again. Jennifer and Britan were beyond wonderful, I can't emphasize that enough. All the staff we encountered were superb, not one person was less than perfectly accommodating and warm. Do yourself a favor and treat your family to a stay here. You will NOT regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep just off Washington Avenue one would not expect to find a unique collection of accommodations and lushly landscaped atmosphere that promises to instill a sense of relaxation the moment you enter. Privacy by design, on rooftop terraces, private gardens and private Jacuzzis. The pool is a perfect retreat to bask in by sun or moon. Unlike most hotels, at The Angler's you will instantly feel as though you are in a friends home, with furnishings, fixtures and services that meet even the most discriminating traveler. Stay a night, a week or longer. This is your new home away from home. Four legged friends are welcome too. Choose your suite for the perfect retreat for family, friends, honeymoon, girlfriend's getaway, business trip, long holiday, special occasion or just a break from the ordinary. This is a charming and lovely taste of the tropics, as never before seen in South Beach. With a subtle mix of international flavor and style clientele from all parts of the globe, all will convene and feel welcome. At once the hotel is discreet while managing to be the center of the attention all at the same time. Energies flow amongst tower suites, garden lounge, and intimate communal pool where relaxing or growing your circle of friends is the order of the day. With a unique approach melding fine island living with historic charm and elegance, we invite you to come be a part of The Angler's. Step into an era of simple yet stylish beauty and sophistication. Spacious Studios and Duplex Suites offer a new level of hospitality that you are sure to enjoy. Set in the heart of the historic art deco district, travelers are invited to take their place in public or in private. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Splendia, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angler`s Boutique Hotel Miami Beach
- The Anglers Boutique Hotel