“Small and friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The Angler's Boutique Resort)   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% off
Ranked #4 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Small and friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Small but luxury hotel . Always a friendly smile from all staff . Very personal service . Good location away from madness of ocean drive but close to beach and shops of Collins avenue . Looking forward to returning at the end of month .

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4-night stay in July. Our room was spacious and stylish w/ two sets of glass doors and balconies, one overlooking the pool. There was a separate sitting room area that wasn't crowded at all and a king size bed, plenty of closet space, and a good size bathroom. We also enjoyed the pool which is small but never was crowded and sometimes we had to ourselves, and the beach was an easy walk and gorgeous. The room service was good, though sometimes we had to ask for something twice. We ate breakfast there twice (very good), and dinner once (excellent). Also recommend the happy hour snacks and drinks (mojitos!) for $5 each from 5-7. All of the staff were friendly. Sometimes the music apparently from the downstairs restaurant/bar area? was a little loud when we went to bed at night, but usually turned down by 11pm. Only real complaint became a moot point: I thought I'd left a pair of sandals (but later found them) and when I called about it twice I was told both times that someone would get back to me, but they never did.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Lovely room, very clean and stylish. On rainy morning had to wait 30 mins for table - was offered coffee while we waited - were charged for this at check out.

Overall very nice time but not much to this hotel and pool is tiny.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
James A, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us from Perth. I apologize for the wait in 660. Due to 60% of the seating being outside, the rain does cause a challenge with seating occasionally.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Tropical regards,

General Manager.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I surprised my fiance by taking her on a 5 day 4 night trip out to Miami and came across this gem of a resort via tripadvisor. We recently had a little baby boy so catching up on rest was a high priority for the 2 of us. With that being said, we slept almost the entire trip. We went out and had dinner, drinks, attended a pool party but nothing was better then the room and awesome bed in our King Pool View Suite. I highly recommend this hotel if you want to be close to the South Beach scene but in need of 5 star amenities.

The only complaint I have was as soon as we turned on the surround sound system we received a complaint. The Angler's is a place to catch up on some good R&R. I do advise they remove the surround sound capabilities because having my room phone ring within 10 minutes of my arrival was an instant turnoff. If you don't want music or movies played at a certain level, do not provide a system that allows the sound to go above that level.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our guest recently and for the review!

It's such a true honor that we were the surprise that you gave your Fiancé! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit and were able to get the rest and relaxation that you truly deserve as new parents. I will pass along your compliments to the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Tropical regards,

Ely, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at the Anglers for a week on business mid July. I was taken straight up to my apartment/room, with no fuss (just what i needed after a transatlantic flight) and there was a bottle fizz waiting for me. Staff were friendly and helpful, the place was clean, calming and had convenient access to the beach (2 blocks) and the marina (a 15 minute walk). And it's central enough for all the bars and nightlife you could wish for.

The hotel supply a convenience bag for the beach - complete with towels. And more importantly for my stay - an umbrella (it rained for at least three days). Rooms were kept clean and well stocked and everyone from the cleaners to the reception staff had a smile and hello for me. That really makes a difference.

The bar is great - the mojitos sublime; and the food in the restaurant was good - although admittedly I only ever ate breakfast there.

A great hotel. I certainly didn't have any complaints and would definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights at the end of our month long honeymoon. We had booked Anglers (and the other 12 hotels around Central America) largely off the back of tripadvisor ratings. Whilst the hotel is nice we can't quite reconcile the rating to our own experience. Nothing particularly wrong (even the broken AC in our house was quickly addressed with a move next door) - just not the excellent that the hotel gets repeatedly rated at by others. Perhaps we were spoilt in Central America or this is the best you can get in Miami Beach?

• Stayed July 2013
Grand Cayman
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This Hotel although clean and well maintained ,did not at all relate to the photographs on the advert.
If you want a tiny room with a needlessly complicted TV/Ipod AV system that neither I or the Hotel staff could get to work,a veiw directly into the opposite room and a pool roughly the size of a Bird Bath then this is the Hotel for you if not , then look else where in South beach.

Room Tip: Other Hotels are better!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

James A, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback.

I apologize for the challenges that you faced while being our guest. Would you be kind enough to reach out to me at Jayres@theanglersresort/com so that I can get further clarification? Regarding your speaker challenge, did we replace the unit that you were having problems with? That is our standard so that no guest need to endure a challenge once we know about it. We usually get rave reviews regarding the Denon surround sound systems that we have in our guest rooms.

Could you also please let me know which pictures that you felt were misleading? We have very large rooms as we are all suites with our smallest room being 425 square feet. To my knowledge, we have some of the largest rooms in Miami Beach.

I hope to speak with you soon so that I can rectify your feelings about The Angler's. As you can see from your fellow reviewers, we consistently provide exceptional experiences. I'm truly sorry that you did not receive one.

James E. Ayres II

Been to Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!