“Quaint Hotel (4) - Service (3)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The Angler's Boutique Resort)   |
Special Offer
Complimentary Upgrade!
Ranked #3 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Quaint Hotel (4) - Service (3)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked a 5 night stay here over New Years based on the strong T.A. reviews. The property is very sweet - convenient location. The pool area is lovely (5ft warm plunge pool) but small (6 lounge chairs). We booked a king room - we were given a room with two beds which we couldn't really push together given the slanty floor. There was no bar service at the pool. When you went inside for service it was hit & miss. One day the server knew how to make sangria the next not. I find the reviews interesting in hind site - it really depends what your comparison point is. The fact is the ABR cannot touch the nearby Ritz on service, bed quality or beach proximity yet the price is comparable. Our stay was pleasant but I would not be a repeat customer at this price point.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

1,301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

That would mean the hospitality industry in Miami is average to poor.
Some examples:
We were not offered some sandals for a hardwood floor.
The shower does not have a safety bar and the floor is slippery enough to broke a bone.
The a/c control installed on th wall disarmed when I tried to change room's temperature.
The bed did not have a superior sheet only the feather duvet !!
The paper napkins were not ready to use ( I had to reach them with my fingers and almost cut with the ceramic recipient.
Housekeeper did not clean the room the first day although we leave the room until 12 m.
Particularly I expect the housekeeper to talk to me if I am in the room with the door lock after she try to open it. Other way it did not feel safe. Well, this happened the first day and (I suppose) the housekeeper disappeared leaving no trace... I hope it was really the housekeeper.
The walking closet had no light to see your clothes clearly enough only a very pale light from outside was available.

On the good side: they left us one more hour to checkout.
Reception desk personnel were helpful with our housekeeping requirements.
The room was clean.

I stayed at the Anglers some years ago and the experience was much more pleasant then.
Maybe I am more exigency now. But I don't think this is the main reason for my unsatisfaction. I think they have gone backwards.
This should be considered by tripadvisor in order to rank the hotel accordingly.

• Stayed December 2012
James A, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and your feedback.

It seems as though you have had some challenges regarding your recent stay. I would like to learn more but am having difficulties understanding some of the verbiage in your review. If you would be kind enough to e-mail me at Jayres@theanglersresort.com so that I can get a better sense of the challenges that you experience and then see what we can do to recover from them. I did find there to be some items mentioned that seem to be inconsistent from our guest rooms:

You voiced we have no upscale sheets yet our sheets are all 350 thread count Egyptian Cotton.

All of our rooms have sandals upon request.

You referenced a challenge with paper napkins which our rooms do not have.

Our Housekeeping team is constantly trained on speaking with our guests and as you seem to speak Spanish which is their native language, there should have been no challenge.

We are happy to receive the feedback and use it to better ourselves but you seem to have had challenges throughout your stay that are not consistent with any that have been brought to our attention. Our Housekeeping and Engineering team is largely the same award winning team that has been on property since we opened 5 1/2 years ago. We will analyze all items cited and see how we can improve. We take our guest feedback very seriously and wish to continue to offer the best guest experience in Miami Beach.

We thank you for your feedback.

montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We actually did not stay at the hotel, it was full, however we did enjoy a delicious dinner by the pool; the portions were just right, the food was oh so delicious and the desert was amazing. Not many people know about this restaurant; its hard to beleive its off of Washington, in a quiet garden setting, we will be back.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed with my husband having never been to Miami before and found this place on trip advisor having been rated very highly. Having been there now I can tell you that it is not the most glamorous, the biggest or the most impressive on south beach but it is lovely. It is tucked away on Washington avenue and is perfectly located for exploring. The hotel is unique in a boutique'y kind of way. The rooms are perfectly formed and regularly cleaned, the beds very comfy and very big, you have your own little sitting room area and fridge, there is a mini bar and snacks they will charge to your room if you choose to eat them. We bought some drinks of our own to have before evenings out and we kept them in the minibar fridge. We stayed in their standard room but it was very good quality. The pool was small and due to the hotel, fairly sheltered although I imagine this to be quite pleasant during the summer heat. The management provide iced lemon water, cups and towels by the pool which is a lovely touch and I think that I itself is what makes this place stand out, the little touches that bring a bit extra to you stay. The continental breakfast came with the stay which was lovely and came with fresh orange juice and refilled coffee although for $5 you could upgrade to one of their other options which were good too! I highly recommend the buttermilk pancakes!!
Other great finds whilst we were in Miami are "all about miami tours", the diner on 11th streets and obviously south beach itself!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were only booked here for a night while in transit, but the hotel, staff and breakfast were all very good and we were made to feel very welcome and comfortable.
Very close to all of the area's attractions, shopping and restaurants.
Upgraded to suite, and although next to street and a little noisy (it's Miami Beach after all...), still well soundproofed enough to have a good night's rest.
Highly recommended, and for a longer stay!

Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed one night at the Anglers Hotel, and really wanted to have a great stay. Unfortunately, the fire alarms went off twice during the night with false alarms, so my sleep was ruined. The property was nice, and the room clean, modern and comfortable. If you want to be close to South Beach, without the noise of the clubs and street traffic, then this is your place . . assuming that they get the faulty fire alarm fixed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
James A, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for recently being our guest and for sharing your feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us with the exception of the fire alarm. We had a wire go bad in one of the pull stations that caused it to go off in the middle of the night. I am truly sorry that this occurred and impacted your sleep. We have indeed addressed the challenge but I still feel that we should do more to make up for it. Please e-mail me your contact information at Jayres@theanglersresort.com so that I can learn more and hopefully make the situation right. It is only through your input that we continue to improve.

Tropical regards,

massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was my 4th or fifth visit to Angler's with my partner or alone. Each time the customer service has improved. Mark and Jessica are especially helpful. A new restaurant menu along with friendly, intelligent servers and a wonderful, quiet location and luxurious intimate pool rounded out our r&r week's stay. We came back to Boston rested and refreshed. Thank you Anglers !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
James A, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and the kind review!

I'm very happy that you enjoyed your fourth visit so thoroughly. It's an enormous compliment to our property and team that you have visited so often. We work hard to constantly better our level of service and quality of product so that our guest's expectations are always exceeded. Marc and Jessica are wonderful team members and push themselves to improve each day. They are strong examples of the caliber of team members throughout The Angler's that tirelessly work to exceed our guest's expectations. I'm humbled to lead such an amazing team.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Tropical regards,

James E. Ayres II

Been to Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!