“Superbe restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The Angler's Boutique Resort)   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% off
Ranked #4 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
montreal
“Superbe restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We actually did not stay at the hotel, it was full, however we did enjoy a delicious dinner by the pool; the portions were just right, the food was oh so delicious and the desert was amazing. Not many people know about this restaurant; its hard to beleive its off of Washington, in a quiet garden setting, we will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed with my husband having never been to Miami before and found this place on trip advisor having been rated very highly. Having been there now I can tell you that it is not the most glamorous, the biggest or the most impressive on south beach but it is lovely. It is tucked away on Washington avenue and is perfectly located for exploring. The hotel is unique in a boutique'y kind of way. The rooms are perfectly formed and regularly cleaned, the beds very comfy and very big, you have your own little sitting room area and fridge, there is a mini bar and snacks they will charge to your room if you choose to eat them. We bought some drinks of our own to have before evenings out and we kept them in the minibar fridge. We stayed in their standard room but it was very good quality. The pool was small and due to the hotel, fairly sheltered although I imagine this to be quite pleasant during the summer heat. The management provide iced lemon water, cups and towels by the pool which is a lovely touch and I think that I itself is what makes this place stand out, the little touches that bring a bit extra to you stay. The continental breakfast came with the stay which was lovely and came with fresh orange juice and refilled coffee although for $5 you could upgrade to one of their other options which were good too! I highly recommend the buttermilk pancakes!!
Other great finds whilst we were in Miami are "all about miami tours", the diner on 11th streets and obviously south beach itself!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were only booked here for a night while in transit, but the hotel, staff and breakfast were all very good and we were made to feel very welcome and comfortable.
Very close to all of the area's attractions, shopping and restaurants.
Upgraded to suite, and although next to street and a little noisy (it's Miami Beach after all...), still well soundproofed enough to have a good night's rest.
Highly recommended, and for a longer stay!

Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed one night at the Anglers Hotel, and really wanted to have a great stay. Unfortunately, the fire alarms went off twice during the night with false alarms, so my sleep was ruined. The property was nice, and the room clean, modern and comfortable. If you want to be close to South Beach, without the noise of the clubs and street traffic, then this is your place . . assuming that they get the faulty fire alarm fixed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
James A, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for recently being our guest and for sharing your feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us with the exception of the fire alarm. We had a wire go bad in one of the pull stations that caused it to go off in the middle of the night. I am truly sorry that this occurred and impacted your sleep. We have indeed addressed the challenge but I still feel that we should do more to make up for it. Please e-mail me your contact information at Jayres@theanglersresort.com so that I can learn more and hopefully make the situation right. It is only through your input that we continue to improve.

massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was my 4th or fifth visit to Angler's with my partner or alone. Each time the customer service has improved. Mark and Jessica are especially helpful. A new restaurant menu along with friendly, intelligent servers and a wonderful, quiet location and luxurious intimate pool rounded out our r&r week's stay. We came back to Boston rested and refreshed. Thank you Anglers !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
James A, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and the kind review!

I'm very happy that you enjoyed your fourth visit so thoroughly. It's an enormous compliment to our property and team that you have visited so often. We work hard to constantly better our level of service and quality of product so that our guest's expectations are always exceeded. Marc and Jessica are wonderful team members and push themselves to improve each day. They are strong examples of the caliber of team members throughout The Angler's that tirelessly work to exceed our guest's expectations. I'm humbled to lead such an amazing team.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I booked a Studio King Suite with a Pool View for a bachelorette party in December. I was a little nervous about staying at the hotel because it seemed to have an "exclusive, private" vibe. Even though only three of us were staying at the hotel, all the girls were meeting there before we went out, and I really didn't want to have to worry about bothering the neighbors and noise complaints from a snooty staff.

All my fears immediately disappeared the minute i checked in. The staff could not have been more welcoming and accommodating, and they were not put off at all about everyone meeting there. In fact, they knocked on our door with a complimentary bottle of champagne, and went above and beyond in making sure we had everything we needed - helpful but not overbearing

In addition, the "suite" (more accurately entitled "villa" given its size) was absolutely gorgeous and very private, so we really didn't have to worry about bothering the other guests (and they didn't have to worry about us). The suite had three floors in total, with the living room and bathroom and small outside veranda on bottom, bedroom, balcony and smaller bathroom on the second floor and a private terrace on the roof, which was a perfect place for us to relax and catch up before we went out for the night. The suite was also poolside, with two very lovely cabanas that were open to all the guests.

I can also say that even though I was there for a bachelorette party, it was a very romantic, private yet welcoming atmosphere. It seemed to be the perfect place for couples.

The only downside I can think of with respect to this hotel was the parking, however, if you are making the choice to stay in south beach, you have to expect there will be parking issues. My advice, anticipate having to pay the daily valet rate to avoid hunting around for a space.

It is hard to find an accommodating, friendly hotel staff member in South Beach, who isn't going to try and hustle you for a $50 fishbowl full of liquor. So as amazing as the accommodations are, the thing that makes this hotel unique, particularly in South Beach, is the staff. They are welcoming, helpful and friendly and they seem to be much more concerned with having a guest return to their hotel then making a quick buck.

I can say with total assurance that I definitely anticipate returning to Anglers Boutique and I would recommend it to anyone looking to stay in South Beach.

Room Tip: book a room by the pool, the rooms are private, relaxing and convenient.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent visit as our honored guest and for the glowing review!

I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit at such a high level. It sounds as if you had a truly magnificent stay and that your expectations were routinely exceeded. We work very hard to make certain that our guest's visits go perfectly. I'm honored to work with such a group of genuine hospitality professionals who truly enjoy pampering our guests. I'll make certain to share your feedback with all of the team.

orleans, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We arrived tired and grubby from a week in Haiti. It was such a nice touch that Jessica escorted us to our room and completed the registration there. Our stay was a combination of R&R and some business planning. The sitting area of our room worked very well for our business session, spreading out with papers. This was my 7th trip to South Beach. Each prior time I have stayed on Ocean Drive which can be very noisy. Being at the tranquil Anglers, just two blocks from the beach, was perfect for our needs. I plan to return again and again.

• Stayed December 2012
James A, General Manager at Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and kind review!

I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay so completely. It sounds like you were able to truly enjoy The Angler's experience. I'll make certain to share your kind words with Jessica personally.

James E. Ayres II

Been to Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!