“Loveeeed it!!! ps and Im very picky!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The Angler's Boutique Resort)   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% off
Ranked #4 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Loveeeed it!!! ps and Im very picky!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I stayed there 1 week before my wedding and we were looking for a place to relax. We got upgraded to a duplex room with a Jacuzzi outside and it was absolutely Brilliant! Very relaxing and its like a mini house with our own garden. The staff were great and the breakfast simple but healthy and the tables outside are surrounded by plants and very cosy decoration. We also enjoyed the Sunday brunch and all you can drink mimosas and that was very nice and good price. Its close to south beach but in a quiet area. I would love to go again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Only stayed one night because I was meeting up with friends for the Winter Music Conference. I wish I had booked the whole time there. Oh well, live and learn. I arrived at 8:30pm and it was like they were waiting for me. They checked me in inside my room and they upgraded me free to a king suite! They printed out business cards with my name and number on them which was cool. The room was amazing! Very clean with two bathrooms and a rooftop deck and outdoor shower! Had a nice mini bar and 2 LCD big screen TVs. The mattress on the bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. Considering I was in right next to the pool I thought it might get loud but I did not hear any outdoor noise. The location is perfect for beach, clubs and dining. I will not stay anywhere else when I come back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I couldn't think of a bad word to say about this Hotel. We only stayed one night as we were heading out on a cruise the next day but you couldn't fault the service and the room was beautiful. It was a 2 storey tower duplex and it was stunning.

When we arrived we where shown around the room - everything was remote controled and explained to us by the nicest gentleman you could ask for, You can tell that the people who work here have a vested interest in the place, nothing is a problem for them.

The next morning we had a few hours to waste so we requested a late checkout which was accomodated, we then packed up and took our bags down to the foyer for storage as we where going for a walk prior to catching a cab to the port. The gentleman asked us what time we were leaving and gave us each a bottle of ice cold water for our walk. to our surprice when we returned there was a cab waiting for us and our bags were being loaded.

This is just an amazing place, really pretty, really well located and seriously good service!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed over a long weekend at the Anglers based on the rave reviews from Trip Advisor. Though there were some bright spots in our stay, I have to say that overall we were disappointed with the experience and not likely to return.

We arrived on Friday night and were put in a ground floor room facing a passageway. Rooms on the other side of the passageway were roughly 10-15 away. You could hear absolutely every sound made in the passageway, (luggage rolling by, hoursekeeping carts, etc.) even with the doors closed and the air on. Around 6pm, the noise from the other guests really started - we were informed by one of the hotel workers that a pop singer and her entourage were staying on the rooms near ours. I called the front desk to remind them that I was quite pregnant and worried that we were not in the best location. They assured me that the rowdy guests were leaving for the evening and would not be back until late. I explained that I was more concerned about what would happen when the guests came back but the hotel assured me they had the situation under control. The guests came back very late and proceeded to make a ruckus all night long, as predicted. It was a very long sleepless night.

The next day, my husband and I both spoke to the manager who assured us that we would be moved and that we were invited to brunch or dinner on the hotel. Everyone we spoke at the front desk that day was lovely and apologetic. They also promised to take care of the charges to our room that first night. We were moved to a much quieter room by the pool and they were kind enough to leave fruit and flowers for us to make up for the inconvenience. We slept much better in one of the rooms over by the pool.

However, when we went to check out, the brunch we had been invited to "enjoy" on the hotel had been charged to us, as had the first night. My husband explained that we had a terrible night that night and had spoken to the manager. The employee responded that we would have had this problem "anywhere on South Beach," despite the fact that we had ALREADY BEEN TOLD by the manager that the charges would be removed. Finally, after much haggling, they promised to remove the charges. Then we had to start haggling over the brunch bill (which, I might add was quite small) - reminding them that this was something that had been promised to us. Why we had to remind anyone of any of this is beyond me. We were made to feel like we were begging for free stuff instead of simply reminding them of what had been promised to us. Not a nice way to end the trip.

The rooms are fine, but attention to detail is lacking. The first room we were in was not particularly clean (the bathroom), and all of the pictures on the walls were crooked. I found a cap to the last guest's razor blade still in the shower. In the second room, there was no bathmat and no breakfast menu and the rug smelled vaguely of urine.

We called the front desk to arrange for the valet to bring our car around on Sunday night for dinner. No one informed the valet and we were late for our reservation.

An employee was kind enough to offer to get me a copy of the newspaper to read by the pool. A few minutes later, he came out to the pool to check that I was still there, and then went back into the hotel to ask another employee to bring the paper to me. The employee came out to the pool and promptly handed the paper to another woman.

At the brunch mentioned above, our entrees were brought out separately, the bagel I ordered was stone cold and we had to go in and get maple syrup (for the french toast we ordered) and salt and pepper ourselves because our waiter was more interested in flirting with some woman and talking on his cell phone.

I so wanted to love the Anglers. It has a lot of good things going for it but there are still some major issues that need to be resolved before it can really be a great place to stay.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights during the Miami Boat show in one of the duplex rooms and also to celebrate my birthday. The first impressions were excellent with James providing an in-room check in where I was welcomed with birthday ballons, wine and a chocolate mini-cake and strawberries with a candle! The staff here is excellent and they all have excellent customer service skills.

Room: As mentioned in other posts, the duplex room does make it difficult to take your suitcase up the spiral staircase - if you travel heavy. I left my suitcase downstairs and took my clothes up and was happy to find his and her closets. My other half packs light and had no difficulty with his bag. One of the big benefits is space - lots of room for a couple - we each had our own bathroom since they both had showers - which I can't say I have experienced before in a hotel stay - other than maybe renting a villa or similar. There are large flat screen TV's on both floors and we hooked up our iPod to the great stereo system. The outdoor jacuzzi was great - we used it every night - and the extremely large patio was great for entertaining when we had friends over for champagne.

Noise: This was my first time in South Beach and I'm pretty sure after walking the entire area several times - i.e. 5 - 7 km per day I am positive it would be difficult to find a completely quiet area to stay at other than being in a large hermetically sealed hotel which may end up being noisy for other reasons. It is close to Washington Ave., however air conditioning and the fan at night really blot out the street noise.

Food: We had breakfast every morning there and it was good and very consistent. There seemed to be a few mornings where they seemed a little short staffed - which made service inconsistent. Nelson was very good though. We also ate there one night for dinner - it was fantastic. We had the charcuterie platter as a starter and I had a lamb shank which was out of this world. Great wine selection too. Service was excellent.

The overall decor is well done, I didn't use the pool - but the pool area is definitely respite from the hustle and bustle and a quiet oasis.

Location: Personally I wouldn't want to stay up near 15th - 17th Street just because it seems so busy. I really like the neighbourhood around 7th - lots of great stores for shopping, lots of other services and it's just two blocks to the beach. The Angler's gives you a great beach bag with towels and bottles of water.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

This hotel is a Gem! First rate staff from check in to check out. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. One word of caution- hardwood floors no carpets which we love but others might not. Also the pool and pool sitting area are nice but cozy. The place has a really good feel and is an oasis just 2 short blocks from craziness and chaos when you need or want it

Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We made a big mistake by booking into a duplex, although in fairness we didn't really understand what this meant. It's accommodation on two levels connected by a spiral staircase. Problem 1. Taking a heavy suitcase to the top floor where the bedroom and storage is situated, is impossible. So you are faced with suitcases littering the floor of the sitting area. Unsightly! Problem 2. The bathroom is tiny. In the shower there is no place to place anything other than on the floor. It is indicative that the only place the hotel can leave the towels is inside the shower on a rail. This is definitely accommodation for a single with an overnight bag - not for couples. Much is made of the entertainment system, but we couldn't make our ipod hook up as it should. Parking is a rip off. I parked our car on the road next to the valet parking desk. It stayed in the same position all night and when we left we took our cases to the car. The attendant was inside the hotel having a coffee, so I had to go and get him to get the keys. While I packed the car he hovered expecting a tip - on top of the $29 we paid to leave the car in the same spot all night! We arrived after the stipulated 'room check in time' and were told to wait in the lounge as 'things were not ready yet'. We sat down and had to purchase two cups of coffee - $20 inc. tip. We had to wait around for an hour and frankly I would have felt it appropriate in the circumstances for the hotel have offered our coffee for free, after all we were delayed by them, not the other way around. The reception staff need a bit of training i.e. the art of a warm greeting. Difficult to put your finger on this one - but you know the feeling that you get when you get the impression that you are doing them a favour by staying there! This is located at 6th & 7th and ideally you want to be around 16th or 17th on Collins. We will not make the same mistake next time.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Angler's Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!