“Miami bargain” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #139 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Wales
“Miami bargain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a super quirky hotel that’s absolutely great value for money considering its great location - about a 5-10 minute stroll to SB. We stayed for 3 nights at the start of a road trip around Florida and found the hotel to be clean and the room spacious enough (2 queen beds). We had a late check in (11.30pm) and this was no problem for the reception staff. Free coffee in reception & free wi fi. Most importantly, the hotel offers FREE parking – a big plus! Parking across the road is $30 a day. It is limited and best to drop your keys off and leave the car for the duration. You’re really close to Espanol Way which is a picturesque street filled with restaurants and a cool dive bar called Mac’s Club Deuce is a 5 min walk away. Building work was going on next door while we were there but posed no problems. We would definitely return next time we’re in Miami.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

This hotel is located near Lincoln Road with free parking. Parking is not convenient for moving car in and out everyday. If you just want to hang out in South Beach, park your car and walk, this is perfect. Hotel itself is very cute with good clean towels and nice warm shower, but room needs a major update. Considering the price $100/night with free parking, I don't think you would find a better bargain, unless you stay in a hostel. However if you can afford more (>$150) , you of course would not want to stay here!!!

Room Tip: Plan to leave your car parked at hotel and walk!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

Well I was blown away by this little gem of a hotel! I wished we could have stayed longer. We checked in late at night approx. 11.30pm, reception was clean, uncluttered and very efficient and even at that time of night the staff were very informative and still smiling! Check in was fast and first impressions of the hotel was that it was very light and airy and very modern but in an eclectic way! Ourselves and our luggage were taken to our rooms by Oscar, he was fabulously informative and genuinely interested in us having a great stay there, as well as showing us everything in the room he basically said if something isn't there that you want, just ring up and ask and he will endeavour to get it for you, what service! We ordered room service as we were starving, we had nachos n dips etc and a couple of burgers, didn't need the nachos as the plate was full of fries and salad and everything you could want to go with a burger, we certainly weren't hungry and the bar in the room was very nicely stocked with cold beers, juices etc. The honeymoon couple we were travelling with got one of the other rooms on a floor above with a fantastic view of the city and some optics for them to choose drinks from, a lovely touch! The hotel is beautiful inside, very calming and arty, breakfast was fab offering all the usual but you could have energy or detox juices as well, this was served outside near the pool which was lovely, you could hear the beach the other side of the hedge. The early morning walk along the boardwalk was great to blow the night before cobwebs away and literally through the gate after the pool. The hotel is situated around the corner from the beginning of Ocean Drive, literally a couple of minutes walk. We sat at the bar on the evening where we were treated to some cocktails which were not run of the mill, the tastes incorporated fresh fruit and were mixed perfectly by the very professional bar tender/ mixologist, I was impressed with the flavour's and the taste and the presentation. The rooms were very trendy and well put together, I couldn't fault anything at all about this hotel, in fact there wasn't one thing that was even a small niggle! I would definitely recommend this hotel to any future traveller, absolutely a true gem of a place!

Room Tip: the highest rooms were obviously the more expensive with personal bar and views of the city but well...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

hi i was stay there in june for a short vacation we travel from south of brasil becouse there is to cold so was my first time at the james.we love nice people nice service clean hotel.so me and my wife meet gustavo at the beach as beach server them we never live from the beach the pool is nice but size we meet gustavo he make all 5 days we stay at there very nice hard server we never asking for anything becouse gustavo was on top of me and my wife and we hear people saynd he is very good serve very hard work nice gustavo we love you 5 5 5 5 star server thanks see you next year leando campos.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights in Miami. Location is absolutely perfect; close to the beach, Lincoln boulevard is literally around the corner. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Parking is limited, but free when available. Wifi is available but would not rely on it (your on holiday so who cares anyway). Rooms need an overhaul, but fit nicely into the decor. Rooms are clean and have a fridge an microwave which is a convenient alternative for an expensive breakfast on Lincoln. Overall a decent hotel which I would stay in again.

Stayed August 2014
Vero Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I decided to give this place a shot as me & 2 of my friends were driving down for the night. We arrived b4 check in time but was allowed to check in early. Parking is free. I was prepared for them to take my car key from previous reviews. Upon check in, we were handed a tv remote (weird...lol). We were told our room was on the 2nd fl and the elevator was broken. Not too bad, the stairs were easy on us. Our room was actually right next to the elevator. When I opened the door I was very surprised at the size of the room. For South beach, it was huge, plenty of walking/dancing room. We had 2 double beds, a flat screen tv(wasn't there to watch tv), a table with 2 chairs, a desk, a counter with a microwave, and a mini fridge. We immediately dropped our belongings and headed to the beach. My friends loved the lobby decor. We were within walking distance to ocean drive. Very convenient to all stores including Mc Donalds. Our car hadn't been move the entire time at the hotel. We came back to shower and change. The room was lacking a mirror, we had to step into the hallway to see what we looked like. The bathroom was small but had the essentials. They provided towels. It was ok...not the cleanest but hey, 1 night. It was well surfaced clean. Could use a good deep cleaning and a vent (super hot after a shower). After partying we returned to sleep for a couple of hours. Not bad, the beds were clean, I brought my own sheets but didn't need them. The room upstairs seemed to be filled with people that had to weigh 700 lbs each walking back and forth the entire morning! For the most part it was a good experience. Nothing fancy, basic but better than some I've seen at South beach. I would stay again. Staff was friendly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to James Hotel? Share your experiences!