“Boy did I ate and half!! Great food and wine!” 5 of 5 stars

786-276-3850
Improve this listing
Ranked #634 of 859 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Newton, Massachusetts
“Boy did I ate and half!! Great food and wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2007

My girlfriend and I ate here and loved it. 8 1/2 is a fantastic restaurant in the very modern and chic Hotel Clinton. We ate outside patio dining by the very small pool, which people were in during dinner. It didn't bother us, but I could see how it could bother some.

The tasting menu paired with wine flights was superb. They are very flexible with substituting from the main menu, which we both did for one course. The four-course menu was more than enough food. I had--and LOVED--the mixed seafood ceviche, miso-glazed sea bass, and filet. The duet of molten chocolate cake (with pistachio ice cream) and orange(?) flavored cheesecake (with watermelon sorbet) was awesome. There was a perfect wine to go with each course, including dessert.

Its not cheap, but for the food quality and quantity is amazing. The regular menu had some many things I would have tried.

Miami Beach, Florida
“SoBe's Clinton Hotel Restaurant 8 1/2 Delightfully Delicious & Affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2006

Last night I had the pleasure of dining at a delightfully delicious restaurant in South Beach. As a local i.e. real Miami native who has lived on South Beach since 1994 I can't tell you how many restaurants have opened and closed from season to season, not to mention over the last 12 years! I prefer to go to restaurants that are locally owned and want to cultivate a local clientele not just rely on the tourist trade. Restaurant 8 1/2 located at the Hotel Clinton, on Washington Avenue smack in the middle between 8th and 9th streets is not only locally-owned but down to earth both in attitude and price. The tasting menu and wine pairings were delicous, especially the Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass, Ceviche, Baked Cajun Crab Cakes and more. I highly recommend trying it for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or all 3.