“Wonderful, small hotel for the money!” 4 of 5 stars

Baltic Hotel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   7643 Harding Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33141   |
Ranked #12 of 24 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Sarasota, Fl.
“Wonderful, small hotel for the money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had a lovely stay at the Baltic! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were updated, roomy, neat, and very clean. Just 1 block from the beach. Just a note about breakfast though - it is a bit on the late side if you are an early riser! I needed to leave at 7:00 am and no coffee or breakfast was made yet. Otherwise, wonderful stay and a bargain for the price!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Horse Shoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Baltic Hotel is a gem of a small hotel with highly personalized service in upper Miami Beach, one block from the Atlantic Ocean, very close to many restaurants and convenience stores on Collins Avenue. The world renown Bal Harbour Shoppes is pleasant 15 minute walk to the north. Christina, the owner-manager of the Hotel seems to be seated usually at her desk, garlanded with fresh cut flowers most hours of the day and is very helpful to the guests. Her Hotel is booked at near capacity year round, not just during high season. Whereas 70% occupancy is considered very good in the hospitality business, her pleasant ambience ushers in a steady flow of energized clients.

Talking with some of the guests seated in comfortable lounge chairs, I note many are repeat visitors from all over the world, especially Germany and South America. Christina, a former Miss Costa Rica, speaks fluent Spanish. Guests now located permanently in Miami drop in just say hello. Christina is that engaging.. A virtuoso pianist serenades us in the afternoon. Christina will run errands for her guests to keep them comfortable and even does some light cooking in her kitchen for those with special dietary needs. . If I could spend just 10 minutes every day in the lobby of the Baltic Hotel and let the rest of the world pass by, I'd be a very happy man. 5 stars and many cheers for the Baltic.

M. R. from N.C.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms may be quieter. Linens are sparkling white. For those like most of us on a budget t...
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is lovely. Very clean, tidy and well maintained. Cristina, the owner, does everything possible to make us feel comfortable. This is specially for Brazilians: it was the only place with decent coffee I've experienced in Miami!
Breakfast is of quality, however there is no facilities to have it, so you need to help yourself and go back to your room. Not an issue at all, just something that could be better.
Beach is very close and clean, easy to access public transport if you are not driving. Good neigbourhood, groceries, restaurants, ATMs, everything in walking distance. I definitly recomend and will be back!

USA UK KENYA UGANDA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here - the rooms are sparse but clean and pleasant. I really enjoyed the pleasantries that we exchanged with the owner who was very courteous to us and upgraded us to a nicer room simply because she was worried that the noise from other guests might bother us. The beach was a VERY easy walk away and gave us access to an uncrowded and beautiful section of the beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

here, i'll explain! I am young female from California who came to miami for major surgery and planned to recover in this hell hole per my doctor! Christina is the 60's something owner, house keeping, manager, service person, and any other title you want to give out. I booked a 13 night stay for myself and 2 guest (so 2 adults and 1 child) upon arrival I was warmly greeted by Christina! I informed her that I just wanted to check in that i was in a hurry to get back to the airport to pick up my friend! she took 45 mins explaining to me how she can hardly work the computer and how she has to do this and that! and sorry i know she may be lonely but i did not sign up for this! i just really wanted to handle the things i needed to prior to my surgery!

when i arrived back with my guest! we entered via the door in the back and Christina came to the hallway and just stared at us! like y is it so many ppl! not hello, greetings! just a simple expression on her face! i knew then, i wouldn't like her much! as we entered our room, Christina entered as well! wtf is this? telling us that it might not be enough room and that my doctor is going to get me for having to room packed! this is amazing! how she knows my medical info like i am her friend? and worse that she is talking to me like im some child!?? where is the professionalism? omg I kindly tell her that we will manage! as a hint to excuse herself! over the week she tries to be helpful by reminding you of medical supply you need to get to protect her sheets! which again became very curt and rude!
after my surgery we argued about her making up the 2nd bed! she lied and tells me that the State of Florid only allows her to change sheets 2x a week and that she can't! at this point i am outraged! am i suppose to believe this craziness, like i've never stayed in miami or a hotel in my life? we go back and forth if my mother hadnt taught me to respect my elder, she would have heard some harsh words! this women made my time here hell! i will never come back to this small over priced motel! you can hear her talk from the lobby to your tiny room! the air hardly works! and when asked she tells you to turn the fan on!!!!!! she tells me i complain to much but she gladly charges my card! this is the worst hotel stay ever! and i've traveled a lot!

this old lady is a sad host. she seems very nosy, and borderline miserable! the only pro to staying here was the beach is 2 blocks away but then again! its the seedy part of the beach! the part you don't take you kids to after dark! full of drunks and wakcos!! all the pics are airbrushed and not of actual hotel. if i could get my money back i would! please save your time! i read some of the reviews and almost died! they all have the exact same wonderful time here!.... being that she has more than enough time on her hands, i suspect some are reviews from Christina, the owner of Baltic Miami, and not of actual customers!

Room Tip: you pay for what you get
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Noord, Aruba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Cristina was Fantastic with Us,Very Outgoing & Funny Lady (Owner).
The Place is just located few bloks from Supermarkets,Restaurants,Bars & Banks.
The Breakfast is Good,You can seat Outside while drinking the Coffee
(We had Great,Big Strawberries with Melon & Salami/cheese baguette).

Of Course The Beach is just few Minutes walking Distance,The bus stop is also right in front the Hotel if you plan to Hang out to Sobe.

What can I say,simply Perfect for Us,Value is very good,Sobe Places are Expensive and very Loud,Better stay with Cristina......We will for sure on our next trip to Miami.

Room Tip: We had the Room End of the Hall,close to parking to move Luggage
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed here for our trip to Miami and we were really pleased. The room was spacious and had everything we needed and although breakfast was just a table in the reception, the food was fresh and enough to make a good start to the day with a mixture of breads cheese cold meat fruits & doughnuts (I am easily won over by anyone providing me with coffee and fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts in the morning though!).
The hotel is close to the beach and a variety of shops/restaurants and the bus stop down to south beach/ Miami City etc just round the corner.
For the price in comparison to many other hotels we looked at at the same time it was great.
Thank you Christina.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Baltic Hotel? Share your experiences!