“Very cool atmosphere, inventive food and unexpectedly good service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 1826 Restaurant and Lounge

1826 Restaurant and Lounge
1826 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
+1 305-763-8860
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
1826 Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 871 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Very cool atmosphere, inventive food and unexpectedly good service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I took my mom and stepdad for his 60th birthday to 1826. I had heard rumblings about this being an interesting space with good food. Upon our arrival, we were greeted at the base floor by two lovely ladies that ushered us to the dining room on the second floor so we could decorate our table with the requisite "Over the Hill" accoutrements. The servers and manager were great in helping us set up right before my mom arrived.

We were then asked if we wanted to wait for them in the lounge on the third floor. It's an uber cool space decorated with concrete, wood and glass. At the center is a large column with several small LED screens displaying moving colors to add ambiance, topped by five gorgeous chandeliers that hang from a large skylight. Best time to arrive is 6PM so you can see the space turn from daylight to night. Also it can get a little noisy in the dining room once every table is occupied.

The bartender was attentive and offered us a couple of their popular drinks, which we enjoyed. Once everyone arrived, we went down to the dining room and enjoyed an amazing meal. The service was very attentive without being intrusive, every dish was a beautifully presented surprise. The food borrows some tips from the molecular gastronomy movement while remaining very approachable, and really tasty.

Overall I would recommend 1825 without reservation. Great food, excellent service (especially for South Beach), and great ambiance.

miami
“Cool place, great food... Miami style :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Beautiful building, great creative menu, excellent cocktails and really good service! Be ready to share because you have to try as many dishes as you can :) We were four people in our party so we ordered more than 10 different dishes... one as good or better than the other...
Really worth it!!!!

Miami Beach, Florida, United States
“Step out of your comfort zone and discover 1826!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

A contemporary multi-level loft style venue in the heart of South Beach. Monty our server was just wonderful. He started with introducing us to the dining concept of 1826, tapas style dinning that teases your taste buds. We were at Monty’s mercy after his display of knowledge of the menu. We started with cocktails; try the “strawberry incense”, “in the woods” or the “I got the power”, beware that they are tasty but very powerful indeed! The caramelized onion and bacon bread was FABU! Tuna tartar, Wild Alaskan Halibut, leek truffle potato croquets. The grapefruit salad was amazing, Florida shrimp katafi with coriander sabayon, NY Strip cooked to perfection , black truffle risotto. The sorbets for desert were also incredible. Thank you Monty instigating us to step out of our comfort zone and take us to a culinary adventure!

• Visited May 2014
Miami, Florida
“Worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have a feeling this little gem will be around for quite a while. Perfectly located in the heart of south beach, this restaurant is not only beautiful, but the food is amazing as well.

They hosted a happy hour for the residents of my building so I was lucky enough to be able to sample many of their menu items.

Their cucumber gazpacho with almond, dill and gin snow was so refreshing. Crisp & clean, it is the perfect soup for a hot, Miami summer day!

The black truffle risotto cannot be put into words - you just have to taste it. Salty, creamy, in one word - divine! It's a party in your mouth - seriously!

Their beef tartare cornets look like little mini ice cream cones except that they are filled with a little ball of joy - beef tartare! The presentation is adorable. You almost feel bad biting into one of these little suckers but you will quickly get over it - I promise!

Their grilled short rib melts in your mouth and for dessert we had the passion fruit semifreddo and strawberry shortcake. Both were fantastic in that they were light but incredibly flavorful... the perfect ending to a perfect meal.

I had their Sauvignon Blanc but cannot recall the brand. I will assume it was their house wine and even that was amazing.

They have 3 floors. The first floor is the restaurant, the 2nd floor is more like a lounge/bar type area where you can eat, drink, and be "merry" as I understand that on the weekends, the small center space becomes somewhat of a dance floor for those who might want to burn off some calories after what was, of course, a delicious meal.

The 3rd floor I was told was more of a VIP lounge and although I did not see it, I can only imagine it is as beautifully decorated as the other 2 areas.

I will definitely be back!

Miami, Florida
“Unbelievable dinner experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Everything was amazing from start to finish. We had 10:30p reservations and were seated right on time. The service staff was very attentive from the beginning with water and offering the cocktail menu. Dinner menus arrived, and our eyes lit up! They have the menu set up into 3 sections. Within each section, the plates range from small tapas style to medium to large to share. We ordered 2-3 pieces from each section along with cocktails and dessert. For 4 people, dinner was quite reasonable, and the quality and presentation was exceptional! I will definitely be back! Be sure to also visit their lounge upstairs!

• Visited March 2014