“You have to eat here!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
South Hamilton, Massachusetts
“You have to eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had searched on Tripadvisor where to eat in South Beach, and this hidden gem was written up. I am so glad we went- we loved the food and the people working there so much we went back a second night. When you sit down they give you wine, tapenade and toast points. We had salad, fish and dessert- YUM. Wish we lived closer, as we would go every week! Make a reservation!

Tampa, Florida
“Tasty off the beaten path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

A small innocent gem in the heart of a slightly two faced city. We loved the quaint atmosphere, generous cheese tray, and unapologetic authentic French food. Good quality, fresh and layered flavors with comfortable vibe. Recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Avoid at all cost!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

After going to the address identified at 710 Washington ave, we found a locked building, when we called the restaurant, the staff was rude, only repeating the address as stated above. She could have just as easily been helpful and identified that there were several entrances with this address and to go down the block to #3 but she did not do that. When we arrived, the host or manager, not really sure who he was found our reservation and stated he would seat us near the window, he then changed his mind and asked us to wait for the tiny table in front of the door. The customers at that table were still eating their dessert. We expressed concern, not for waiting but for the tiny table in front of the door. The host turned and suggested that we do not have to stay, I do not believe I have ever been treated so rudely by a restaurant and did not stay to eat. We suggest you do the same! FYI: Great burgers , shakes and hospitality at the Diner down the street!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, Connecticut
“Tiny and Terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This humble little French joint in the heart of South Beach serves the best french onion soup I have ever had in my life. I ordered Filet Mignon from the regular menu. Priced at $15.40, not beef, but actually pork. But what pork! 6 slices of tender juicy meat in flavorful mustard sauce. Ordered with a side of Gratin Dauphinois; the only way to eat potatoes au "gratin". One can have an actual beef filet mignon priced somewhat higher. There are always fish dishes on the menue and I shared a seared salmon with leeks and spinach with another wonderful sauce. If I lived in this area I would eat at this place 2-3 times a week. I loved the complimentary chardonnay and olive spread with lovely bread. Just a perfect find, unfortunately, too full for dessert. Went at an in-between time (4pm) so no problem being seated.

Aurora, Missouri
“Will dine here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very nice little restaurant. And by little I do mean tiny! Only a few tables in here, very close together, always very full. We made reservations for 8 p.m. on a weeknight, and still had to wait about an hour to get a seat. The food was excellent. I had the Seared Salmon, and I must say it was the best salmon I have ever had. Perfectly cooked, with a basil cream sauce and pasta. Delicious! And the prices are unbelievable! $12.50 for the salmon meal, everywhere else in Miami Beach was charging $30-$35 for salmon. The service was somewhat slow, but we were not in a hurry. An 18% tip is automatically added to your bill, as was the case at every restaurant that we ate at in Miami Beach. There is no bathroom inside the restaurant, if you need to go, a server must escort you to a bathroom outside the premises. Overall a great experience and we will definitely eat here again next time we are in Miami Beach.

• Visited February 2013