“Tiny and Terrific” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Coventry, Connecticut
“Tiny and Terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This humble little French joint in the heart of South Beach serves the best french onion soup I have ever had in my life. I ordered Filet Mignon from the regular menu. Priced at $15.40, not beef, but actually pork. But what pork! 6 slices of tender juicy meat in flavorful mustard sauce. Ordered with a side of Gratin Dauphinois; the only way to eat potatoes au "gratin". One can have an actual beef filet mignon priced somewhat higher. There are always fish dishes on the menue and I shared a seared salmon with leeks and spinach with another wonderful sauce. If I lived in this area I would eat at this place 2-3 times a week. I loved the complimentary chardonnay and olive spread with lovely bread. Just a perfect find, unfortunately, too full for dessert. Went at an in-between time (4pm) so no problem being seated.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Aurora, Missouri
“Will dine here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very nice little restaurant. And by little I do mean tiny! Only a few tables in here, very close together, always very full. We made reservations for 8 p.m. on a weeknight, and still had to wait about an hour to get a seat. The food was excellent. I had the Seared Salmon, and I must say it was the best salmon I have ever had. Perfectly cooked, with a basil cream sauce and pasta. Delicious! And the prices are unbelievable! $12.50 for the salmon meal, everywhere else in Miami Beach was charging $30-$35 for salmon. The service was somewhat slow, but we were not in a hurry. An 18% tip is automatically added to your bill, as was the case at every restaurant that we ate at in Miami Beach. There is no bathroom inside the restaurant, if you need to go, a server must escort you to a bathroom outside the premises. Overall a great experience and we will definitely eat here again next time we are in Miami Beach.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Tres bien!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Simply put, you must go there. Don't come in a rush to enjoy, pal. Small and cosy french spoken place with a very family owned type of service. At night I tried to come around 18:30 but no available seats. Learned the hard way to make reservations there. Tried again for lunch in next day. They bring right away an olive paste with toasts and two small doses of white wine. Beautiful start. Drinks asked promptly. My goat cheese salad took a while, though. But.....delicious (!!!) and good for two not big eaters. Waiting for the food, the friend of the restaurant with the dog (I love dogs but not close to food) and visiting the kitchen was not nice....keep him out guys. The main course was excellent. The steak perfectly cooked, didn't like the linguini though. My wife's seared salmon with potato rosti was totally finished. All in all a great meal. If you're in south beach for a few days you must go. Walking distance from ocean drive and at the center of the best area there. No space for deserts I had but looked fantastic....ok I made space as an addicted creme brûlée fan. Again great. Tres bien!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, FL
“A great South Beach find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Otentic reminds me of a Paris bistro. The service is very French; efficient, polite, and unobtrusively present. The food is also very French, perfectly cooked meats and vegetables in amazing sauces. I had the special: Steak Maurice, which was a sizable ribeye on gratin potatoes with mushrooms and asparagus in a balsamic reduction, so tasty! that It is very small (room for 25 patrons at most), but quaint. I'd highly recommend making a reservation in order to be seated timely.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Such a great, delicious value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were so impressed with this place. I cannot believe the affordable prices on this menu, and the high quality. The restaurant is not the most beautiful or showy place, but it is definitely charming. When you sit down you get some tapenade and crostini and little glasses of sauvignon blanc, then you can eat 2 appetizers, 2 main courses, drink a bottle of wine, and share a dessert for around $100 - tip included. We came back the next day as well and I can say excellent things about the steak tartare, filet mignon (steak - there is also a pork main course), farmer's steak (I tried his), and salmon. They also had the best french bread we've had outside of France.

we'd definitely be back.