“Beach Place Ok.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #113 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Helsinki, Finland
“Beach Place Ok.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

We stayed here on Feb 25th to Mar 06.
Free parking & WiFi.
Just a few minutes walk to the beach through North Shore Open Space Park.
Easy to travel to South Beach, using rental CitiBike (nearest rental point few minutes walk away at Veterans Park), by car, taxi, or Uber. Taxi was about 20$ and Uber 12$ from here to Ocean Dr.
Few minus sides are a bit noisy location just next to Harding Ave. and the kitchen was bit too simple, but overall very nice and clean hotel. Nothing fancy, but we didn't travel to Miami to hang out in a hotel room :)

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
coventry
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2015

We booked this hotel for a short trip to Miami when we were in Orlando on holiday, we wasn't expecting much as the cost was so low!

The staff were great and it's not in a bad location, not very close to the beach though. We did however struggle to find the hotel as its all one way streets and not very well sign posted.

When we arrived we had a parking space directly outside the hotel, we were given a pass to put in the window and then checked in. The women on the reception had kindly upgraded us for free to the suite which consisted of 2 double bedrooms and a living area all separated off. It was really nice! There were 3 of us so that suited us well.

I have put this as 3 rating but it could go 4, it's just not as glamorous as you would expect. But great for a cheap stay!

I would stay again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Glostrup, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

Stayed 2 nights. With jetlag it was no problem sleeping from the noise. Packed in between the 2 main roads this is NOT the place to stay. Room was ok - clean and nice size. Had asked for 2 rooms close to each other - got one room facing the pool and one facing the street. The pool was ok - but the noise made it a bad experience. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

This hotel actually came about at the last minute I mean because another hotel cancelled our reservations. To make a long story short, I really liked this hotel and the staff were kind and courteous our room stayed clean also. I had a good time walking to the beach which was about 5 minutes away so I can't complain

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Ljubljana, Slovenia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2015

I came to Miami in order to stay there from 29.12.2014-07.1.2015. I have made a reservation threw website booking.com for the whole time of stay. I read before, that it is noisy three, because of the main street that runs on the main side of it, but since I can sleep in even probably worst conditions, I didn't have a problem with it before. To be honest, it isn't really like that, as I have realized later on. Room was located above the reception, it overlooked the main street and it was so loud, that I was awake every early morning, when start going to their jobs or in another way to say it, when first people get awake.
The room was for the money I've payed total disaster, and I've stayed in hostels, in wholes, that were bad, but this one was probably 2nd worst I've stayed at. There wasn't any dishes in it, only a fridge and a shower and a TV in size they say it is(it really is small) and there are mainly almost none tv channels, way from what I am used even in hostels, not to mention hotels that are in this pricing.
But, the main problem was, that I came there in the evening on 29th December. I have made a reservation threw booking.com with a credit card, no problems(all the hotels were full, only this one wasn't full and there were empty rooms even a week after my reservation, till last 2 days before new year). When I came to the hotel first night my credit card strangely didn't work. Guy said, that I should come back tomorrow in order to sort it out. I said I will and showed him my wallet, just to be sure there won't be any problems. I have had in my wallet about 7.000EUR, what is merely about 8.500USD at that time. I thought it will be enough in order not to run in the morning there but so I could in the morning hop in the sea and than go to the meeting and later come back and sort it out. I wanted to get back at around 5pm to the hotel, but fell in a big traffic jam, which I realized is totally normal in South Beach-to-North Beach-to-Hollywood during rush hours (around 4-8p.m.). So I was stuck in the traffic jam which doesn't move and if you want to come from SB to NB it will probably take you about 2-3hours, same problem I've had daily. At last, when I came back guy wasn't really polite any more and said, that his boss said, that I have to take my things and go out. I wondered why, since I've showed him that I do ave money, but he insisted on it since he said, that his boss already rented the apartment to someone else, regardless of my past reservation threw the booking.com. At last, we agreed, that I can stay over night, since I had no place to go and in Miami at that time all the places are full, but that I have to go out next morning. I wanted to talk with his boss, which I explained next day what the problem was and that I do have money(showed her 7.000EUR) and that it is my 1st time in my life that the credit card stopped working, what was true. She didn't even consider my words and on the 31st December I was thrown out with all my stuff with no place to go.
And, there are no restaurants near, you have to have a car there in order to go to the shop or either to go to the store and it will take you some time. During rush hours forget about it, since it will take you probably an hour or more to get to the 1st one.
Wifi was written, but would be useful only at the door, nowhere else.

The only positive thing about the hotel is, that it is pretty near the beach (about 500 meters), but be prepared for the problems I've mentioned.

Room Tip: Don't choose the room on the reception side. If you have to go here, than ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Gardiner, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

We stayed here for 3 nights over New Years. It isn't much to look at, but wasn't bad overall. Room was clean-ish and parking and location was good. Only a short walk across the street and through a small park to a quiet section of Miami beach. Room could've used updating, as couch was icky and tile in bathroom was rotting a bit (room 117). Also, our room key kept failing to work, we had to exchange it several times. Pool was nice. Not too noisy, though it right next to the busy street. There were an eclectic mix of patrons, and we did witness a bit if domestic abuse, but you can't really blame that only the hotel, just adding it to give an idea of the quality of person we witnessed as fellow guests. I don't think we will ever return to this hotel. For about the same price you can stay further down right on Miami beach at a Best Western or Days Inn. I will go that route next time.

• Stayed January 2015
Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014 via mobile

A nice no-nonsense hotel on walking distance to nice beach, not far from Collins rd, Lincoln Mall and Ocean drive. Friendly service. Rooms are quite spacious, with kitchenette, safe, bathroom, airco, free wifi. Free parking. Windows can be opened for fresh air. Fair prices. No breakfast included. Small pool with beds. All in all a nice place for a fair price. We enjoyed staying here.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Place Hotel? Share your experiences!