“Definitely Straight-Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Richmond, CA
“Definitely Straight-Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

On the recommendation of my friend who lives in Miami, I booked a three-day stay en route to the Yucatan. After I made my nonrefundable reservation, I began having second thoughts. Had I gotten myself into a nonstop Dancing Queen disco nightmare? Much to my delight, the guests were mostly grownups and a lot of fun. The staff is terrific. I don't need a pool or restaurant on site, but having a good bar ( and bartender) is definitely a plus. I'd definitely stay there again.
Marjorie L

Room Tip: I had a deluxe room on the third (top) floor with a view of the water. Some of the rooms have a vie...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

When I got there to check in I had to cancel the whole reservation and call expedia Just because they won't add one more guest to my room even paying more for the same room, the hotel capt 89 dollars foe the cancelation

Stayed July 2014
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Staff super nice , very helpful , rooms aesthetically amazing , clean .. My favorite hotel now in SOBE.
Close to where my friends lives and close to everything I wanted to do ..
It is a very fun place to stay at .. And the Marc at the reception is an eye candy ;)

• Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Well located with beatiful and elegant rooms. The place has good facilities (sauna is great) but we missed somebody who speaks spanish. There is no breakfast at all! though there is a funny party on friday at night that somehow could solve this dawback :-)

• Stayed July 2014
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I am a single, straight female who needed a place to stay for a night while I was in town on business. I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Very hipster. Well designed room. Comfortable, clean room. Cute coffee shop. Great pastries. Business/reading room has brick walls and plenty of room to stretch out, work and relax. the spa is male-only, but I was there for just a night and didn't really need a spa anyways. I wouldn't recommend this a a place to stay with kids. Kitschy signs all over the place and in the rooms are super funny, but not necessarily kid-friendly. If you're uptight and potentially not comfortable with the gay scene or don't have a bit of a crude sense of humor, this may not be your place. Otherwise, I highly recommend. Fun, hip, spacious, clean, and great location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Winter Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Me and my partner booked this trip at the last minute since we both had never been to Miami. The grounds were immaculate and the staff were so pleasant. Hi Matt! He made the best iced coffee! My partner loved it! The room was spacious, clean, and seemed like it came out of Fangtasia in True Blood lol (not a bad thing!). It was slightly risque with dildos in the vending machine, but it was part of the kitsch.

Only problem was that I guess our room was above the bar and it was very loud until like 3 am. Yes, I know we were on Miami Beach, but I am an old soul lol. I can't do all night benders lol. Also there were some loud guests in the adjacent room at like 2 in the afternoon. We called downstairs but I guess that didn't deter them.

However, that alone did not mar the experience. It was a great place that didn't feel like a seedy gay hotel. It was close to everything (although parking would be nice). Staff was great! If I ever come to Miami Beach again, I would stay here.

Room Tip: Maybe choose a room that's not right above the bar? We were on the 2nd Floor right above where t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Waconia, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

frendly staff, great location, the spa is very nice and clean, the room exelente, good location for lincon mall, the only think the missing is a pool, the decor is perfect, clean room, nice tv, all the staff really nice, nice coffee shop,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Hotel Gaythering? Share your experiences!