“A Perfect Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sobe You Bed and Breakfast

Save Saved
You added Sobe You Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Sobe You Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1018 Jefferson Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Sobe You Tropical Bed & Breakfast Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 20 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
“A Perfect Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We decided to combine a bit of pleasure with a business trip. SeBeYou fit to bill perfectly. The atmosphere is so relaxing and away from all the action. Room was spotless and the pool area just big enough. The staff recommended a delicious restaurant for dinner Chalan on the Beach (Peruvian).

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SoBeYou, Manager at Sobe You Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We are glad to hear you had a positive experience while staying us. We hope to see you again sometime soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Turkish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This B&B is a fantastic find! We came here in April 2007 for a short stay prior to us getting married in the Keys. We returned in April 2012 with our four year old son and it was as wonderful as before. Just a short walk to the main streets but not on top of all the action. Breakfast was lovely, fresh, home-made and organic. The staff are so helpful and the rooms lovely and clean with all that you need. We didn't sleep too well on this recent stay. Possibly our room backed onto another hotel and someone was out late on a mobile phone which disturbed our sleep but this didn't spoil our stay.A truly wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing us again and taking the time to write about your experience with us. We apologize you didn't get the best sleep this time. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in Sept. Had a queen room reserved for my daughter and I to celebrate her 21st bday, then my dad decided to join us, so we needed to get a bigger room, the next option up was a family suite, quite a bit more expensive, but no other choice. Parking is tough, even if they give you a pass because the streets are crowded as this is a residential area. Check in was smooth, attendant was helpful. Room was bright and pretty, all white with original wood and details. Had plenty of room, except the bathroom which was tiny and needed some updating. Would be really wonderful to have some shelving in the shower - the only place to put your things was on the soap dish. Breakfast was yummy and so nice outside by the pool. Landscaping was beautiful in the courtyard. Pool was tiny, but fine since it was rarely occupied. Small fridge was in the room as well as a filtered water pitcher. Would stay again. Beds were super comfortable! Definitely walking distance to Ocean Drive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments. We truly appreciate your suggestions. Hopefully, we will have you stay with us in a near future.
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here in August of this year and glad we did. Staff very friendly and helpful. Allowed us to check out a little later than normal due to flight times. Room on ground floor was very good, air con of course and very clean. Bed was enormous practically had to shout across to my wife to make conversation. A lovely healthy and light breakfast, different each day. As a previous reviewer has said, close enough to places but far enough to be quiet- about 10 / 15 mins stroll to beach. Nice area with street parking outside hotel - always felt safe and secure. Lovely pool, very welcome in mid 90's - almost felt like a private pool. If you're thinking of going - go! We'd go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Only 10 rooms so no overcrowding, we were in no.3 on ground floor and loved it - no problem with any...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear you had such a great stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Zoersel, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have stayed in the week of 21 till 27 July 2012 with a group of 8 people (4 couples) for 5 nights (splitted stay of 2 nights and later on 3 nights) in SoBeYou.

Positive points : Fairly good location, very comfortable beds, good working A/C, quiet stylish environment, free parking pass, good working WI-FI in the room as well in the public places, helpful staff.Overall good price/quality ratio !

Points that could be better : Rooms & private bathrooms somewhat small (no space to store the travel bags, we all had deluxe king rooms), Breakfast area also small and partially uncovered (at busy times when it rains only limited space), No possibility to take some bread or make toasts during breakfast ( the plates are prepared in the kitchen and every day they offer you something else like e.g we had : waffles, pancakes, omelette....which was of course nice and in many cases very tasteful but we would have appreciated the possibility to take some bread or make toasts as well), varying water temperature in the shower of the private bathrooms, beacause we had a split stay (in between we went to Key West) we asked to leave a part of our lugguage at SoBeYou (in order not to drag it with us up and down to Key West)...which was unfortunately not possible.

Room Tip: In our group 2 couples had a room on the 1st floor and 2 other couples on ground level. People on th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
SoBeYou, Manager at Sobe You Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Our rooms and bathrooms are small and being a historical building there is no way for us to make them any bigger. Unfortunately, since we do not have any storage it is impossible for us to store our guests' luggage. Your comments mean a lot to us because that is our way to know what needs to be improved. We hope to see you again sometime soon.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

After staying here the weekend of June 15, 2012, I must say I had a wonderful stay at SOBEYOU. First, they were VERY accommodating to me; I was able to book a room at the last minute (probably the day of or before, can't remember), come way past normal check-in hours and still was very affordable. They gave me, what they claim was the smallest room, but it was bigger than my bedroom so that was great to me; with great conditions (AC, nice bed, pillows, etc.) I had to share a bathroom which was not that bad. Breakfast was promptly made every morning and the scenery between breakfast and the pool is so inviting. Hotel property and neighborhood is very calm and quiet. The service was impeccable as well. Roxy (I believe her name is, she was the receptionist) and another older woman were very kind and took care of any question or concern I had. For breakfast though, I would suggest some more alternative items; my first day they served pecan waffles, I don't like nuts and I pity the hungry person who may be allergic to them, so it was disappointing to waste the food. I fell terribly ill during my stay and Roxy was very kind to not only allow me late check-out but also watch my luggage while I went to the drug store when I checked out. They don't know how much that meant to me (and my health), looking back at how sick I was. The only con here is the distance, being from NY, I walk a lot, so, walking was not an issue. However, when I got sick, it became a problem, in the heat, when it rained or if I forgot something and had to go back and don't even think of walking from Lincoln Rd then back here! A few suggestions though, please revamp the room with a new TV; the TV was just too small also more outlets or a power strip; In order for me to charge my phone I had to plug out a lamp and literally move the bed forward. Otherwise, I had an excellent stay and would definitely recommend anyone staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your positive feedback and great suggestions. We hope to have you stay with us again in a near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Excellent location, just a couple of blocks away from the bustle of South Beach. When you walk into the gated property, the first thing to strike you is the delightful and lush pool area. The rooms wrap themselves around the pool and are clean and well presented. Continental breakfast is very nice and is served down by the pool area: cinnamon toast was delicious! Lena, our host, was exceptionally welcoming, very helpful and kind.. we found our room quite small but as a base we loved the whole package. So much better than a big hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We know our rooms are small but being a historical building we cannot make them any bigger. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Sobe You Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!