“Ultimate Relaxation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sobe You Bed and Breakfast

You added Sobe You Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Sobe You Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1018 Jefferson Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Sobe You Tropical Bed & Breakfast Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 24 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Ultimate Relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

After staying here the weekend of June 15, 2012, I must say I had a wonderful stay at SOBEYOU. First, they were VERY accommodating to me; I was able to book a room at the last minute (probably the day of or before, can't remember), come way past normal check-in hours and still was very affordable. They gave me, what they claim was the smallest room, but it was bigger than my bedroom so that was great to me; with great conditions (AC, nice bed, pillows, etc.) I had to share a bathroom which was not that bad. Breakfast was promptly made every morning and the scenery between breakfast and the pool is so inviting. Hotel property and neighborhood is very calm and quiet. The service was impeccable as well. Roxy (I believe her name is, she was the receptionist) and another older woman were very kind and took care of any question or concern I had. For breakfast though, I would suggest some more alternative items; my first day they served pecan waffles, I don't like nuts and I pity the hungry person who may be allergic to them, so it was disappointing to waste the food. I fell terribly ill during my stay and Roxy was very kind to not only allow me late check-out but also watch my luggage while I went to the drug store when I checked out. They don't know how much that meant to me (and my health), looking back at how sick I was. The only con here is the distance, being from NY, I walk a lot, so, walking was not an issue. However, when I got sick, it became a problem, in the heat, when it rained or if I forgot something and had to go back and don't even think of walking from Lincoln Rd then back here! A few suggestions though, please revamp the room with a new TV; the TV was just too small also more outlets or a power strip; In order for me to charge my phone I had to plug out a lamp and literally move the bed forward. Otherwise, I had an excellent stay and would definitely recommend anyone staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
SoBeYou, Manager at Sobe You Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive feedback and great suggestions. We hope to have you stay with us again in a near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Excellent location, just a couple of blocks away from the bustle of South Beach. When you walk into the gated property, the first thing to strike you is the delightful and lush pool area. The rooms wrap themselves around the pool and are clean and well presented. Continental breakfast is very nice and is served down by the pool area: cinnamon toast was delicious! Lena, our host, was exceptionally welcoming, very helpful and kind.. we found our room quite small but as a base we loved the whole package. So much better than a big hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We know our rooms are small but being a historical building we cannot make them any bigger. We hope to see you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

A simple perfect little place to stay close enough to everything and just far enough away to be peaceful.
Bed comfortable, rooms clean, towels provided for pool.
Breakfast was fabulous as were all staff.
Enjoy

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
We are very happy to know you had such a positive experience at Sobeyou. Thank you for choosing us. We hope to see you again sometime soon!
Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

South Beach isn't exactly known for its peace and solitude, but SoBeYou is a delightful quiet B&B in the residential portion of South Beach, near a delightful park. The staff is delightful and helpful, and will advise you on the "local" spots that are less "touristy" - which we loved. The breakfast (we had an interesting and tastey fritta), was delicious. While the rooms and pool/spa are small, this is a peaceful location in South Beach. The walk to Lincoln Street and Collins - where the night life is, can be a bit of a stretch, but with the parking pass, you can get somewhat closer to dining and shopping. I think the peacefulness was worth it!

Room Tip: This is a B&B, some rooms do not have a dedicated bath. :) But it is a B&B.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback. We hope to have you stay with us again.
Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Two night stay, good location for South Beach Art Deco area visit, made very welcome, and room (in Coach House), was fine. Bathroom small but ok for two nights. Bed was comfortable, (good size), but those springs creaked!.....
Breakfast good, DVD library used and overall pleasant stay.
Could do with Coffee / tea making facility in room, as none supplied, but fridge was ok.
Hint; Make sure you get a parking pass from them on arrival, (the guest house does this for you), as this makes local parking easy and good for Lincoln Road, South Beach parking, with short walk.
Recommended.

Room Tip: Upstairs coach rooms have more natural light.....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Are our guest comments what help us improve. Hope to see you again.
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Lovely and quiet B&B, clean and fresh all-white room. Stayed for 5 nights with my husband and 2 teenage kids in (spacious) room 10 which has a king size bed plus two singles in a sort of alcove at one end of the room. Is in a nice and safe residential street and the pool area is very secluded and pretty. We had it all to ourselves and the water is really warm, pool towels are provided but we didn't get bathrobes like some other reviwers appear to have done, didn't miss them though. Breakfast was good, a different hot dish cooked fresh for us each morning as well as cereal and a little bowl of fresh fruit. On the last day we discovered that self service coffee and tea is available all day in the breakfast area. We really appreciated having a free car parking permit and must have been lucky as we always found a spot close by. All four of us were pleased we'd picked this place over the huge hotels on the beach I'd also been looking at. Smaller was definitely better for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing us. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Staying at SoBeYou is like staying at your own private South Beach apartment, one that has a lovely tropical oasis of a courtyard with a small, pleasant pool w/ lounge chairs...if someone provided you with a delicious breakfast each morning. This B&B is really geared for independent travelers who want some quiet while staying in the heart of South Beach. We had a one bedroom suite, with a queen bed in the bedroom and a twin-sized daybed which our daughter slept on (both comfortable). The bathroom was small, with shower only, but neat and clean. Bathrobes provided. A television in each room. A mini refrigerator. No coffee or tea facilities. Breakfast starts at 8:30 am. If you're looking for a lot of attention or amenities, this may not be the place for you. The lack of coffee for my early-rising husband was a negative. However, a few blocks away is Alton Road, with a 24 hour Walgreens, Whole Foods, and other convenient stores. If they have a parking pass available, they let you have one and then you can look for street parking (not always easy to find on the weekends). Nevertheless free parking is VERY unusual for beach hotels. If you don't get a parking pass, then I suggest the small parking garage opposite Whole Foods' parking lot. The entrance isn't obvious but it's much closer to SoBeYou than the garage they recommend, and the rates are the same. (If you exit the garage on foot onto West Ave you'll find some restaurants, including Oliver's, a local favorite.) The pool area is enchanting. It's a small pool, though. All in all, we had a pleasant stay. For peace and quiet, 5 stars. The one caveat for staying with a child or teenager is that you will need to walk pretty far from the B&B to get to the beach or Lincoln Road. If you love walking, it's a great locale (especially with the South Beach Local shuttle that goes by on West Ave, 25 cents a ride). If you don't like to walk or have mobility issues, there are hotels much closer to the "action." We used to live on South Beach, so we know the area very well; if this were my first time on the beach, I might stay on Ocean Drive or Collins because it could take a little time to get oriented from SoBeYou's location. Recommended, but worth reading the reviews to ensure that this is the experience you're looking for.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing us for your recent stay in South Beach. Great suggestion on the nearby parking garage. We are positive that all the tips you mention in your review will be very helpful for other travelers. We hope to have you stay with us again.

Been to Sobe You Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!