“Great B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sobe You Bed and Breakfast

You added Sobe You Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Sobe You Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1018 Jefferson Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Sobe You Tropical Bed & Breakfast Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 24 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed at Sobeyou during a week and had a great time! Location is perfect, a quiet street but close to everything! Rooms are stylish and very clean. Breakfast is great - new things every day. The staff are very friendly and always there to help. Very price worthy!

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I spent nearly three weeks at the SoBeYou B&B while I was taking part at a course in Miami Beach. I really enjoyed it staying there and I felt like at home. The stuff is so kind and friendly and helps you along with all your questions and has many good tips and advices. The rooms are equipped with everything you need (TV, DVD-player, radio and CD-player, free WLAN, hairdryer, etc. and even an adapter (which I appreciated very much!)). And as I always was really hungry after trainings in the early morning, the breakfast was just gorgeous!!! :-) For me, everything was just perfect! And as I already mentioned, I really really enjoyed staying at this beautiful place!! A BIG Thank you to the stuff for just everything!! I hope I`ll make it there again next year! :-)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed for three nights in room nine and very much enjoyed the stylish charm and modest facilities. Rooms 8 and 9 share a bathroom, all other rooms are en suite. Rooms 8, 9 and 10 are in the main building adjacent to the road, the remaining rooms are in a separate more modern and private building in the rear garden. Shared facilities include the small pool snugly set in the garden with overhanging palm trees, canopied breakfast area and two relaxing lounges. The architecture, furnishings and décor matches that of this Art Deco suburb of Miami giving the place a lot of style. Apart from the presence of a thin screen TV and modern radio our room and shared bathroom felt like they were still in the 1930’s which provided an air of elegant romance. Breakfast was simple and healthy, cereal and fruit followed by a cooked egg dish.

Parking is on the street and the staff will provide a parking voucher so that you don’t get towed away! The staff are only present during daytime office hours, so if you have any issues or need help and advice you need to grab them at this time. We found the manageress to be very knowledgeable of Miami and keen to help.

One problem with the main house is the need to constantly carry keys to access various doors and it was a great shame that most of the doors tended to shut with a loud report. The banging doors and uncarpeted floors and stairway of the main building meant that I did get woken at night by the noise of other guests returning in the early hours.

All in all we felt we had stylish and value accommodation and would be very pleased to stay again. I would recommend this place to anyone seeking character or wishing to avoid the large chain hotels.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

The service and staff were friendly and helpful but the porperty itself had some major annoyances when we visited. Firstly the noise: apparantly all the doors on our floor are spring loaded to close and boy do they close. With wooden floors and plaster walls, each time anyone entered their room, it was also accompanied my an echoing door slam. Secondly: The wifi and internet were constantly down for the 3 days we were there. This was a major irritation since I was trying to manage my business while there. Thirdly: the shared communal bathroom never had hand towel or a bath mat--another major inconvenience on top of the fact that the bathroom was out of commission for an entire day due to repairs....And lastly, parking is residential and if you park late at night like we did after dancing, we spent a long time trying to find parking....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

This was our first B&B experience so we didn't know what to expect. We selected this as a result of the positive reviews on trip advisor. Prior to our arrival I received an email advising us that there was a computer error and that the room that we booked was not available. The management apologized and discounted our stay for both nights even though we got our originally booked room the very next evening. Peaceful and charming, this is an ideal location to escape to after an exciting evening in South Beach. We found that in late afternoon the shade of the palm trees around the pool area made for a wonderful retreat. What really gives this B&B an A+ is the pleasant staff who really make you feel at home. The private entrances to the rooms is an added bonus and keeping guests secure and safe is a priority.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the pool area not in the original guest house.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My boyfriend surprised me by taking me here on a weekend. He made an excellent choice! I had never been to a bed and breakfast so this really was a treat for me. The place looked exactly like the pictures on their website and the breakfast was delicious! The lady (I assume was the owner) was very sweet and helpful. The room was perfect and had 2 robs laying on the bed. The courtyard (pool area) was absolutely wonderful and peaceful. They have free wifi and free parking. The only downfall was that the iron was rusted and we didn't get omlettes with our breakfast like the brochure stated but all in all I will definitely stay here again!

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

We stayed 8 nights at SoBeYou and we liked it alot. Close to the beach, nearby the shopping, 10 minutes from Ocean Drive with all the good nightlife and still so calm and away from all traffic and loud noise. The only thing we could hear was some heavy rains during the nights and our neigbours making love:) The breakfast was really fresh with fruit and we could even have porridge that we are used to from Sweden. The service is super and they all really make an impression of liking their jobs. This is undoubtly where we will stay next time we go to Miami. The best if you like a calm stay near the pulse!

Room Tip: SoBeYou is like a Toyota - works, trustable and s
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sobe You Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!