“This is a very old and established hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #90 of 155 things to do in Miami Beach
Cleveland, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
“This is a very old and established hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I found it to be a little boring for Miami Beach which I think of to be more chic.

Menu was impressive. The service was slow. Overall I it was ok, but there are better restaurants to go to besides that one.

Visited December 2012

Miami, Florida, United States
12 attraction reviews
“Each time we visit it goes down hill a little bit more.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My first time I went - maybe I was too doe-eyed? I was so 'wowed' by the stunning decor! The wine program is cool - and the food was VERY good. I was SOLD. Then - several months later we went for Miami Spice. We were literally SHOVED into a back room and FORGOTTEN. The food was subpar -and we left there hungry - VERY disappointed!! So then - we think we'll try and hit it for drinks - only to be snubbed in the bar. WHY oh WHY did we decide then to go for MOTHERS DAY? At $50+ a head for a family of four - a BIG mistake. Shove us in a back room - oh - we could only WISH that....they proceeded to walk us across to a banquet room and attempted to seat us as the ONLY ONES THERE!! Now, we are not cover models - but my family is a good looking family. My husband - and executive in the business - put his foot down and told them ABSOLUTELY NOT - especially when they have the buffet set up in the BAR - located two buildings away!! They then resat us in the main room - for which we had TERRIBLE SERVICE (I wish I knew the server's name!) - food was LESS than stellar (We should have gone to Red!) - and it awful. This is suppose to be a 'high end' place - yet kids are running around in crocs and elmo/batman type t-shirts?!!?? - COME ON! When we drop over $250 for brunch - it wont EVER be here again!! I DO NOT recommend The Forge for any type of brunch or special occasion!

Visited May 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Exceptional Food and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Loved the decor inside and the food is simply amazing! Staff are very knowledgable and friendly!

Visited May 2012
New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“Miss the Old Forge!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Service is now average.

Many of classic selections replaced with very inadequate noveau items which are cute but not up to the former cuisine.

For years would go on Wednesday night for the best nightlife of any place in the world. Sadly they decided to do away with the party.

Hopefully the realize their mistake and bring back the Old Forge and make it NEW again!!!

Visited April 2011
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Say no to set menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The restaraunt has gone under massive reno's. Some for the best but I feel some of it's original charm has been lost (the library is still original). The nightclub is also gone, so it's a bit out of the way if you'd like to contnue your evening.
The set menu was an amazing price but you get what you pay for. I went on two ocassions, over 2 weeks. No consistency in the food! The waiters try very hard to sell you on additonal menu items and go as far to tell you the set menu dessert is aweful (it's not....most likely the best part). Cocktails were amazing and some major work can be done to inform the staff, in order for them to know thier facts when giving a tour. (I knew more!) Go for the steak & kick back some drinks.

Visited August 2011