“Great value, great location!!” 5 of 5 stars

Suites on South Beach Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1330 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #98 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great value, great location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Had not stayed at this hotel previously but have stayed at many others nearby. I really liked this place and would recommend it to others. Stayed here with 2 friends and we had 2 beds and a roll away.

The features I liked were a full size refrigerator and a small kitchen!! The room is spacious and was recently renovated. The website pictures are accurate.

This is not a 5 star venue, but it is a very nice value, great location, and nice amenities for a small hotel when you don't need a pool or hot tub and you enjoy having a small kitchen. No stove, but it had a micro-wave. It also has a rear door that opens to a back balcony which was nice.

Each day the maid did a great job remaking the room. It was kept very clean!! Which is my highest priority in a hotel.

Would definitely recommend and will stay here again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
SCOTLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Once again visited here this year between the 25/11 and 03rd December in Room 2 this time, which was fine and having previously been a guest, I knew what to expect. There was a little minor hiccup in checking in, my reservation could not be located, it’s possible that for some technical issue my first nights deposit was not taken. This was booked online, in any case Shakira contacted Eddie the General Manager and the problem was resolved, so big thanks go to both of them. I would probably recommend that you either check or reconfirm if you are booking online, you check that your deposit for your first night has been taken. It’s entirely possible that as I was an overseas visitor, my bank maybe declined any prior authorisation for the first night and did not contact me to advise of the problem. Again this is an ideal location, just 2 blocks to the beach, and I'm equally glad that they have came to an arrangement with the FL café for breakfast just up the street at a reasonable rate which I took advantage of a few of times.

The rooms are maintained by housekeeping daily and on some cases I took the option to sleep in and forget about the housekeeper ( massive hangover) , in any case when I finally pulled my backside out of bed, I was delighted to find that the housekeeper left a bag of fresh towels , and face cloths, I think some of the critiques of this place are pretty harsh , and while everyone is entitled to their opinions , try staying at some top end hotels, they would never leave fresh towels etc outside a guests room, these little added touches make the difference.

The room is spacious and dust free, believe me I checked for dust over the TV set, rails and shelves in the walk in closet and pretty much every where I could, I guess I could have obsessive compulsive disorder, but it’s an old habit from previously working as a manager for a 5 star hotel back home in Scotland (Cameron House Hotel), the fact I could not find any is a credit to the housekeeping staff employed there.

Did have a minor problem the WC refused to flush on day 4, so popped in to mention this to young Kevin, who basically said oh yeah I know what that is, let me take a look, he checked it over and advised he will get it fixed, I left the room for about an hour and came back, and the problem was resolved.
I had no issues with the free wife in the property and connected to it no problem at all despite a recent post. Again I feel a lot of these reviews are needlessly negative, if there’s a problem please discuss it with the staff onsite, depending on your approach they will bend backwards to resolve any issues you have. So once again, thanks to Shakira, Eddie and Kevin, I'll be back, Take care and all the best for the festive season and have a great 2015.

Regards,
Brian

Room Tip: Whilst all the rooms are fairly similar, room 2 is close to the security gate, but as I sleep like a...
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel does NOT provide internet.
The $150 room has no windows.
The neighbors upstairs walks around with clogs from 5AM to 1AM.
And the staff cares absolutely nothing about if you like it there or not.
What they do care about is trash talking each others (even when there are customers present).
Even the surrounding restaurants have a better wifi.
My only day on land for a month when I really really needed a working wifi, I get this. I'm so disappointed.
I'm glad I liked Miami already, because this hotel experience could easily have tainted the rest of my trip.
Whatever you do - if you need internet or sleep - do NOT go there.

Room Tip: Pick a room upstairs if you want to be able to get some sleep at night.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel rooms themselves were clean and well kept with adequate facilities and the staff that were encountered were pleasant and friendly. Hotel/apartments are in a good location and close to beach/bars/places to eat. Only downside that we faced was what sounded like a heard of elephants stomping or moving furniture (and I mean constantly) from around 10pm-midnight this stopped for a few hours (I'm assuming while they went out partying) and then continued from around 5am-6.30am along with loud bass music and loud laughter etc. I'm glad our fellow guests had a great night partying, we however got very minimal sleep and this is not what we needed after a long day and full day travelling the next day. If this is how it is every weekend then I wouldn't recommend especially if you need a good nights sleep or are travelling with children. I would suggest the hotel set out ground rules for their young guests checking in like having respect for other guests who are there to sleep and not party, I'm assuming that someone complained when the music and loud behaviour did eventually stop.
Other than that not bad but just a warning about the noise.

Room Tip: Try and avoid weekends
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Maldon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed just the one night on our way to the Keys. Situated on 1330 Collins, which runs parallel to Ocean Drive, one street back (A local explained the numbering system here which we found helpful, the 13 is 13 street, the 30 is the actual number of the address ) as the sat nav sends you a couple of blocks away. Back to the accommodation, TV in lounge and bedroom, comfortable Lounge/ Diner, kitchen pretty well equipped, iPad and USB charge facilities, combination safe. Shower facilities with a selection of soaps, shampoos and clean towels. Overall a very nice place at what we considered good value. If you are driving there is a multi story car park on the opposite block which is very convenient and cost $1 per hour, (valet parking usually $20 )

• Stayed November 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed for two nights over a weekend. Great location for bars restaurants and the beach

Our room -no 10 - was the last one on the ground floor. A big room and big bathroom but all the windows had blinds that you really could not open. So no view at all

Would stay here again for a couple of nights as the location is perfect

Reception very helpful with use of a computer and a printer and giving us a later checkout

Dorset, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

There is a lot to like about these accommodations: great location, a short walk to the beach & Ocean Drive, suites are quite ample for South Beach accomodations, kitchens have the basic essentials, it's clean, the beds are comfortable and housekeeping does a great job.

Some things that detracted from our stay: the noted wifi issue from a previous traveller has not been remedied. In fact, when asked about it, they inferred there is not an issue. This became quite a problem given the need to address work items an consequently had to go off site. The staff at the desk are, as noted by another reader, uninspired and used the phrases "I'll let the manager know or I"ll ask the manager" more often than not and then never got back to us. It is posted in the rooms, but there is an additional fee of $15 should you leave any dirty dishes.

If wifi and assistance from personnel on site is not a big concern, then this is a great spot but our need to continue work during our stay there was made difficult with unpredictable wifi that no one seemed aware was all that bad.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Suites on South Beach Miami? Share your experiences!