“Great Visit Again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
SCOTLAND
“Great Visit Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My second stay here in Room 4 for 8 nites from 25.11.13. Big thanks to Rosie and the young lad Kevin that tried his very best to get me a taxi to the airport. Despite having to deal with some very demanding customers at the same time, he was very professional and helpful both to myself and them
Having worked as a manager for Devere Hotel Group, these guys are assets to your business.
Please pass my thanks on to them Eddie. See you guys soon

Room Tip: I have marked restaurant and swimming pool as terrible,, there is none, but you are 5 mins walk from...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Eddie N, General Manager at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you so much for the kind words, I will definitely make sure both Rosie and Kevin get a copy of your review, I'm sure they will be ecstatic to read how their service positively affects our clients! Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fort Collins
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were looking for a good local hotel to gather our family at the night before leaving on a cruise 11/1/2013. We are very pleased we found this hidden jewel. We pre-booked in July for 4 rooms on Halloween night and were very pleased at the booking process. Do not be surprised that the hotel will run each room as a separate charge on your card for pre-payments.

We had to cancel one room 3 days prior to our arrival due to a medical issue with a member of our traveling party and expected to forfeit the room charge (according to the pre-pay agreement online) - instead the owners immediately issued a refund which was back on our credit card the end of the next business day.

We arrived from the airport about an hour earlier than expected & 2 hours before check-in time - they had no problem getting us into our rooms immediately. Once again they surprised us with an upgrade for one room into Suite #11 (second floor - front) which included a larger sitting area. Our other two rooms (suites 8 & 9) were on the first floor towards the back which were also nice and what we expected for all the rooms.

Being there early allowed us to walk over to the beach and enjoy Ocean Boulevard for afternoon happy hours at the Clevelander which is 2-3 blocks away. The location also allowed us to go back to the room to change/clean-up easily before going out to dinner that evening.

Being Halloween , we then walked north to the Lincoln Mall area (maybe 4-5 blocks) to experience the big South Beach Halloween party. Walking back to the hotel we noticed that we did pick well on the location since all the really loud parties were at least a block away.

We did not sleep in as late as we wanted due to construction on the building just north of the hotel an their cutting ceramic tile just outside the windows on the back of the suites. Other that that, we did sleep well. The bathroom was clean, but classic. It did have excellent water pressure and temp, but could have used an exhaust fan.

No restaurant on site but the breakfast at the FL Café, about 3 building north, was an excellent value.

Be prepared for a short wait for a cab to the port - the manager had called for a mini-van cab for us. A few "bandit cabs" showed up to try to take the fare which the manager shooed away for us.

Overall a great stay and we will be back!

Room Tip: All three of our rooms were good - Suites 8, 9 and 11. In Suite 11, it is a much nicer, bigger room...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jim,

Thank you for the kind words, we are very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, your descriptive review I am sure will be helpful to other travelers interested in booking our hotel. I also wanted to point out your comments about our cancellation policy for anyone that might be reading this review - we do have a 72 hour / 3 day cancellation, any guest that cancels their room 3 days prior to their arrival will be automatically refunded their deposit - we do have exemptions though, family illness or death, flight cancellations are two scenarios where we do not enforce the cancellation policy - but, even if a guest does not meet that standard, we allow all our guests to use the forfeited deposit on a future stay, this way you do not lose out on your deposit completely.
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This small hotel will be hard to beat if your looking for an affordable option with great location and a large clean room in South Beach Miami. Location is close to restaurants, Ocean Drive, Beach, and South Beach Miami nite life.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest thank you for your review - our location is hard to beat as we are located in 13th and Collins Avenue, one block away from the beach and in the heart of everything that is South Beach - our rooms are roughly 650 square feet so it feels more like a studio apartment than a hotel room.
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stay for one night in this hotel. The hotel was oke and space enough. The air conditioning works so well it was frozen. But the hotel staff repair it. So we had a cool night (Thanks) There is no breakfast but your hotel room has a small kitchen en a fridge/freezer.So you can bring your own.Pictures gives a little bit different view. It's 1 block away from Ocean Dr. Sometimes a little noisy during the night. Beds are clean and oke.

Room Tip: Art deco nearby.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest thank you for review - I want to note that the FL Café which is in the corner of 14th and Collins (same block as our hotel) offers all of our guests discounted prices, you just have to mention that you are staying at Suites on South Beach, you can also find their menus conveniently located inside our rooms.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

South Beach or Miami Beach can be really expensive especially for accommodation so trying to find the right place, in the right location and with in budget can be quite a task.

Having previously visited South Beach, this time I was looking for a hotel quite close to the ocean, that had good reviews and was not going to cost me the earth. Suites on South beach, showed up as a good option.

Instead of being a hotel, these are actually self catering apartment, with a microwave and fridge, so cooking here would have been a bit of an issue, but with so many restaurants in the area and being on holiday why would you want to cook?

The room that I was allocated was on the first floor. It was a good size, clean and tidy. The bathroom was starting to show signs of wear. Whilst the shower was useable it wasn't the best in the world, but on the other hand it's better than other hotels that I have stayed in. The staff are friendly and appreciate your business.

Parking in Miami is also at a premium, most of the hotels offer valet parking and the suites charge $20 an night,
Which is quite reasonable when comparing them to other hotels in the area. This is an external company they use but If you decide to use this service then read on......

I dropped my car off the night before we were due to check out where I recorded the mileage more of a point of interest, to see how far away from the hotel the car was being parked. I noticed that I had 127 miles left until it needed to be filled up. When the car was brought back the next day the petrol light was on saying that the car was on empty.

I complained to the manager of the hotel, who was disappointed that my stay at the hotel had been tainted. I advised him that I wanted actions to be taken and I was more than happy to call the local sheriff.

The manager called the valet company where he had a conversation in Spanish. After the call, he was again very apologetic said that the valet companies supervisor would come and see me. I advised him that I didn't have the time to wait around and needed to get to the airport for my flight home. Again the manager apologised and credited me with the cost of the fuel.

The level of customer service I got was above and beyond what I expected and I have to thank them for that. The next time I visit Miami, I will certainly look at staying here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eddie N, General Manager at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your review, I'm surprised to see that you rated the hotel quite highly even though you had issues with the Valet company, and I thank you for taking into account that the Valet service we use is not directly associated with the hotel, but because we do contract them for our guests, I can absolutely sympathize when our hotel is negatively impacted by their actions, this is the reason why we are very pro-active with complaints about our Valet, in general they provide a good service with very few hiccups, but from time to time issues like yours do arise, and I assure you that we will always do whatever is in our power to protect the best interests of our clients before anyone else! Thank you again for the positive review.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My friends and I stayed here over the weekend for a bachlorette weekend. The rooms were very nice and clean. The guy at the desk was very nice and accomodating. We got to Miami kind of early Friday- although our rooms were not ready he had no problem storing our bags while we went out to grab food until check in time and called us when our rooms were done. The rooms are very modern and the suite has everything you need. He made seversal suggestions on places to go and was very friendly. I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, thank you for the kind words, it is always our goal to leave a lasting impression for our clients, we hope that we become your preferred destination when coming to Miami!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend booked this accommodation well in advance of our travels, However I started to become increasingly concerned after reading some negative reviews and even tried to change it through our travel agent.
We stayed here for 14 nights and we are really happy that we did!
Located on Collins ave, it literally takes 1 minute or less to walk to the beach so there is really no need for a pool. Once you leave the property you could walk in any direction and find what you need. The location is perfect! Close to many restaurants and many night clubs as well as shops... at the ages of 21 and 23 this was ideal for us. We would walk home after each night out, as it would take no longer than 5 minutes. There are a few stray retail stores to the left of the property which takes around 5 minutes to walk to, or a 15 minute walk to the right would bring you directly to an outdoor mall.

The rooms were very spacious especially for 2 females with tonnes of clothes and shoes. They were also modern and have clearly been maintained to a high level. The tv has cable with a good range of channels and the wifi had a perfect connection throughout the duration of our stay. The kitchenette in this property is a bonus as it includes a large fridge/freezer and a very powerful microwave, which meant we could rustle up breakfast and have unlimited drinks and snacks in our room... Something most hotels would not be able to provide.
The suite was spotless when we arrived, and me being the neat freak that I am, deeply inspected the bathroom and kitchenette and could not find one speck of dust!
The A/C was very powerful and worked at all times.
The maids were very good and willing to supply an unlimited amount of towels and change our beds daily which was a plus!
We never had much problems with the noise, being in such a central location we had expected more. We never heard any outside noise, the only time this was an issue is when a group of girls checked in for 1 night... nothing too serious or worth complaining about as people tend to be noisy after a night out.

The staff were really friendly and willing to help at all times, especially Little Kevin who we rang constantly, whether we needed to know the best place to eat, go out or even to check the local weather for us!

I really could go on... But the fact of the matter is it was near perfect and I could not fault it in any way possible.

We really enjoyed our time here and will most definitely be returning in the near future.

Thank you for such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for the awesome review! I will not comment much as I believe the review speaks for itself!!

Been to Suites on South Beach Miami? Share your experiences!