“Great, Affordable Hotel Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Suites on South Beach Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1330 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #85 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Great, Affordable Hotel Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here for a quick 4 day vacation. The hotel turned otu to be a great choice for what I was looking for - a clean, comfortable, affordable hotel, well located in South Beach. This is a fairly no frills option but has everything you need. It was quiet, well kept, and the staff was pleasnt, and very helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
zero11382, General Manager at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for the wonderful review, it is always nice to read when guests are pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel is and that they were expecting less, but got much more than they planned!

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The staff was awesome, the rooms were very nice and clean and you can't beat the location! I would recommend to anyone I know headed to south beach, and I will book with them the next time I head there.

• Stayed April 2013
zero11382, General Manager at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for the wonderful review, I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and staff!!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

It could be somehow tricky to find but the rooms are great!!!

They are super big, with kitchen, nice bathrooms, comfy beds, the room was pretty big with a huge closet for the luggage which is not very usual, kitchen with everything needed for our stay, super clean and the staff was very nice and informative.

Never thought the rooms would be so nice and big so its great for family and friends.... they do have valet, but right in front there is a public parking which is very convenient as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Paola, thank you for the great review, we hope that you visit us again in the near future!
Millwood, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here with my teenage son for four nights the week of March 25. The location is excellent, only two blocks from the entrance to the beach. The Miami Airport Flyer, the express bus that goes to Miami International Airport, stops right around the corner. There are many places to eat and shop nearby.

The room was quite spacious. We had two double beds in our room separated by a nightstand that had a radio with an Ipod dock. The mattresses were not comfortable, they were the equivalent of a futon mattress. Next to the beds was a small couch and table. Another room has a small area to hang clothes, a safe, a hair dryer and an iron. The bathroom was small but modern. The only unclean part was the mirror which I had to clean myself for it was quite dirty.

The room also had a small kitchen with a full size fridge, a sink, a coffeemaker and a microwave as well as a small table and chairs. Dishwashing liquid, a sponge, paper towels and cutlery, cups and plates were provided.

The room had a TV with basic cable channels. Beach towels are provided. The room includes free WiFi and I had a very strong signal.

Staff were very courteous and helpful. When I arrived the safe was locked and front staff made sure they promptly fixed the problem.

The only real problem I had with this hotel is that the walls are extremely thin. The first and second nights we were there some spring breakers were blasting music and the TV next door and had guests over who were very loud. Furthermore you can hear every noise every neighbor makes and even people outside. Luckily the next two nights the neighbors and the streets were quiet and we got some sleep.

Overall I would recommend this hotel for ts proximity to the beach and entertainment but not if you need a quiet place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, thank you for the review, I'm sorry for the noise issues you encountered, the walls in these older Art Deco buildings in South Beach are fairly thin, but as you mentioned the main culprits of the noise are other guests and people from the street, March itself is a very busy month due to Spring Breakers and all the special events carried out in Miami Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This room was amazing for the value! We only had one little snag in our stay. We had issues with the door lock. We notified them several times and they did try to fix it however the door was never fixed fully. But the room itself was amazing. Close to ocean drive and all sorts of shops. I would definitely stay here again. Just not in the se room. Bed was comfy, very clean and awesome showers! Highly recommend this hotel. Family friendly and great prices. Couldn't believe the price considering it was so close to the beach! Satisfied customer!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for the wonderful review, I know which room you are referring to and we are waiting on a new door lock for that room so it can be switched out, there was nothing we could do to save the lock so it is being replaced entirely
Falmouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed in early March 2013 and booked quite late in the game. As a result, there were very few choices available in South Beach that even approached the "reasonably priced" category. This place got good reviews on Trip Advisor so we gave it a try. Unfortunately, we found it less than satisfactory (see below as to why) and decided to check out after one night. The good news is that 1. they did not give us a hard time about checking out early; 2. while the rooms are quite tired and cheaply decorated, they seem relatively clean (having said that, I found a sales receipt for a thong purchased at Victoria's Secret that was dated more than two months prior under the couch, which leads me to question how thorough they clean); 3. it is a decent location; and 4 relatively speaking (for SB), it is reasonably priced. In terms of bad news, I would simply adopt the two prior 2 star ratings and add: 1. it is very cavelike and dark in the rooms during the day and the artificial lighting is grossly inferior fro the conditions (i.e., nearly impossible to read), but inexplicably it is quite bright during the nighttime (when you WANT the darkness to sleep) due to a weird green light shining into the room through the insufficient blinds; 3 adding to our difficulty sleeping were early morning revelers returning to their rooms speaking loudly and obviously very drunk and a very loud refrigerator in the room (unit 6, I believe) that was constantly going on and off; 4. as noted by others, ironically, directly next to the "No Smoking" -and $250 penalty sign for doing so- in the room, there was an ashtray and matches! "WTF?," as they say. Well, even if the other guests do not smoke in their rooms, many of them are right outside smoking, the smell of which assaults you every time you walk outside, as you must walk by them to get to the street; and 5. the walls are very thin so if your next door neighbor is watching TV (or whatever....) you are likely to hear it. Bottom line, if you are young and visiting SB to party and looking for someplace reasonably priced to pass out, this is not a bad choice. If you are- dare I say it, middle aged/a more "mature" couple- looking for a reasonably priced place, ultimately I would NOT recommend this motel to you. I do not mean to slam this place, it is just that "it is what it is" and I did not feel that the reviews that I read on Trip Advisor prior to booking really gave a clear idea of what it is.

Room Tip: I cannot recommend any rooms, but definitely avoid unit #6 because of the loud refrigerator. Also, t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
zero11382, General Manager at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your review, it saddens me that you did not enjoy your stay, March is a very "hectic" month in South Beach as the crowd is much younger and "hip" than what you would typically get in Miami Beach so I can sympathize with some of the points in your review...I would like the opportunity to correct the experience you encountered at the hotel, and I urge you to contact me (sales@thekenthotel.com) at your earliest convenience so that I may have the opportunity to do just that
Manchester, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I spent two days at the Suites in late February. The location is ideal, one block from the beach in the heart of the Art Deco district. The room was spacious, and clean but dated. There was a large room for storage and a very adequate kitchenette. The bathroom was a disaster. The door wouldn't close, the sink drained slowly, and there was mould and grime everywhere. The whole room gave you a creepy, dirty feeling. We told the front desk about the problems and they promised to fix the sink the next day. They never did. In our interactions with the front desk, from check in to check out, ranged from indifference to curtness.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter, I am for a loss of words reading your review, our staff typically gets high marks from most reviewers on Tripadvisor and the hotel cleanliness is rarely something that disappoints...I would like the opportunity to speak to you personally about your stay in detail and would urge you to contact me at your earliest convenience (305-604-5068 Ext. 3001 or sales@thekenthotel.com)

Been to Suites on South Beach Miami? Share your experiences!