“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is an exceptional hotel. My wife and i stayed here for five days and do not have one bad thing to say about our experience. The staff are all friendly, genuine and unpretentious (unlike many hotels of this standard) and the attention to detail is impeccable. Whether it was the hassle-free check-in, well appointed rooms or wonderful service by the pool or around the private beach area, this hotel is well worth visiting for those looking for quiet luxury in South Beach. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Javier B, Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear 920IanUSA,

Pleasure hearing of your wonderful experience with us and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

Since our opening on March 1st, we have focused daily on our service standards and expectations of our staff. It's always nice to hear that the property has gotten to the point it needs to be. I am confident we can keep topping expectations on each of your future visits.

We greatly look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

When we got there it was beautiful. The lobby,the bar and the restaurant. We arrived early so they gave us complimentary drinks at the bar. We got into the room and it was beautiful. It didn't smell bad and the furniture was beautiful. The employees at the pool and beach were super nice and the other employees always treated us like royalty. The food at the pool bar and the tray more restaurant were amazing as well. I highly recommend to stay here.

Room Tip: Lake view or ocean view are pretty good.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Alanishere21,

Our design is one of the most pivotal components to our property and operation. I am glad you were able to enjoy from the moment you arrived. Equally important, if not more, is our service component. We place a huge emphasis on our hiring and training and 'treating you like royalty' believe me is our goal.

Glad we were able to exceed on all fronts and certainly looking forward to your return.

Best,

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Tucked between much larger properties, the Metropolitan by Como is a reminder that hotels can be much more than just a place to sleep at night. Metropolitan is the perfect combo of fine Art Deco design and modern convenience and comfort. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and hailed from all parts of the world: China, Italy, France, Jamaica, etc. The hotel's restaurant was terrific, though we only ate breakfast there. So much thought and care has been put into this entire project, from the feeling of seclusion amidst the craziness of South Beach to the rooftop workout facility/hydrotherapy pool that overlooks the ocean. We loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear boudin,

On behalf of our entire team, I greatly appreciate your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with us. The diversity of our team is of incredible importance to us and makes the service we offer not only unique, but special.

We pride ourselves on our cuisine, plus offering world-class amenities for our guests to enjoy on their time with us. Your vacation time is important, so we figure why not enjoy it! Glad you were able to make the most of your stay, and will greatly look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a 3-night trip to South Beach and had a great time at the Metropolitan. I've been to both the Bangkok and the London properties, so the expectations were quiet high and the hotel did not disappoint.

Positives:
- It is a small boutique hotel (74 rooms, 8 floors) but the art-deco facade (formerly Traymore Hotel) bodes well with trendy atmosphere in the lobby, and beautiful dining area and the bar.
- Multinational staff were very professional and pleasant throughout the stay. Staff are well trained, knows about this hotel and the Metropolitan/Como style by heart.
- Metropolitan King room that I stayed in had well appointed/stylish and smart furniture throughout. Light-pistachio color walls (can be quite corny, if not mixed with the right colors, in my opinion) were well-mixed with dark gray and white furnitures.
- Pool/beach areas were not crowded, were stylish, and offered superb service from the staff.
- My package came with the breakfast included. Breakfast -- not a huge laundry list of foods offered, but I feel that every single item offered on the menu/buffet were done VERY well.

Things to note:
- I stayed at the Metropolitan King room. The only downside that I could point out is the size of the room, and it would've been excellent if it was 20~30 sq ft larger to fit a proper sofa and a small coffee table.
- Small parking lot - there's only a few spots to park and the valet parking is $38/night. Visitors should make sure to call 10~15 minutes ahead for the car to be ready when going out. Other than that, staff members were very polite and services flawless.
- $20/day resort fee - well offset with generous pricing on drinks at the pool. Frozen mojito - excellent - $7. You can easily see twice that price for a drink at bigger hotel neighbors.

Dear stepark,

Many thanks the thorough and kind review of your recent stay with us on Miami Beach. As a past COMO guest, your feedback is of particular importance to us. I printed and shared your thoughts with our team in our morning briefing this past week -- all were appreciative of your kind remarks. From the professionalism of our staff to the location and design selections, we have made every effort to make our property unique in the market. Pleased to hear you were able to enjoy each aspect of our operation.

On behalf of our entire team, we look forward to your return. If anything we can do to assist in planning your next visit, with us or any of our sister COMO properties, please do not hesitate to let us know.

All the best,

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I work in the hospitality and travel a lot and The Metropolitan has really hit the mark. From the moment we walked in we were impressed. The refurbishment is amazing and accentuates the beautiful heritage of the building. The staff were very knowledgeable about the building and it's history. Upon checking in we we're told we'd been upgraded.
The rooms are large, very comfortable and beautifully designed. The shower was awesome with a view over the ocean.
The broader amenities including beach area, both pools and spa facilities were all carefully thought out and world class.
The staff however were the best part of the hotel. Exceptionally friendly and helpful as well as knowledgeable. From the wait staff to the General Manager, Javier who was always present and ensuring a pleasant stay, the staff are a testament to the effort The Metropolitan has made to delivering an exceptional experience. 5 stars!!! We'll look forward to exploring other COMO hotels around the world.

• Stayed July 2014
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Well located just outside the busy Sobe area, the Metropolitan is the next hotel en-vogue. Great service from the valet parking to the pool staff. This quiet resort is very relaxing!

The front desk staff is very friendly and always there if you need any help. I loved the fact that they are bringing you to your room to explain in details the amenities. They were also very accommodating you with taxis and transportation details. Very professional yet friendly.

This is the same from the staff at the pool and beach: they are always there to make sure that you have everything that you need. You can easily pass a full day at the pool and beach, and start again the next morning! The food at the pool bar was great and the prices were decent for Miami.

With that kind of service, be assured that this hotel will soon be renowned in Miami as the-place-to-be.

The restaurant was good but to be honest: 28$ for continental breakfast is a bit expensive. we only ate breakfast there since we had plans outside the resort most days. Service was again great and they were attentive to your needs.

As for the rooms, they were clean and well designed. The suspended television with all HD channels is great. The bluetooth Tivoli system is great! this is the first time I see that a hotel put this kind of attention for their clients. The beds are comfortable.

My only down point was with the room service. I didn't made note of it to the Front desk because it was not a big deal for us but I still have to write it as I'm always honest in my reviews. The hotel offers a turn down service, which is basically a service to prepare your room to enjoy a better sleep while you're out enjoying the city. The service was done 3 nights out of 5. The two other nights (night 1 and 3), no one touched the room. Also, when the room service came to the room on day 3 (of 6), the kleenex box, shower gel and nespresso pods were empty and she didn't replace the articles. Also, on day 5, she forgot to put back mugs and glasses in the room. Finally, instead of figuring out how to manage the light switches in the room, she kept unplugging one lamp. In the end, this doesn't prevent me from giving 5/5 to the hotel since I had a great time but I still had to say it.

Overall, if you are looking for a place to stay in Miami beach, next to South Beach but without the noise and crowds, go to the Metropolitan! on my next trip to Florida, I'll be there!

Wrentham, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the COMO for seven nights and enjoyed every minute that we were there. The place had a clean, relaxing and luxurious atmosphere and the whole staff was very informative about where to go and couldn't do enough for us. There is a beautiful hydrotherapy pool on the roof with a great view as well as a regular pool and beach front with ultra comfortable chairs. The food was excellent, probably one of the best burgers I've ever had. This is probably the standards that we will look for whenever we search for hotels in our travels in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach? Share your experiences!