“very happy to have found this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Florida
“very happy to have found this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I recently stayed with my boyfriend at The Metropolitan by Como in Miami Beach. I would highly recommend it to everyone that appreciate a hotel where the staff really care about your stay , an elegant but also relaxed atmosphere and excellent restaurant and bar.

The location is also unbeatable, you can have a very quiet and chilling time in the hotel or at the beach, but also within walking distance from everything you may want.

The hotel is brand new ,which is always good, but also with soul and personality. The rooms are very nicely decorated, full of light and very comfortable. If I have to choose one thing that I particularly liked is the rain shower in the bathroom, what a great and unique shower experience!

We had dinner at the restaurant and the quality of the food is outstanding. No matter how high your standards are, everything we tried was best of the best. We couldn´t simply believe that everything was so good.

we ordered as appetizers:
1. Scallops,really AMAZING! the best scallops I´ve tried in my life. They were served over a lentils puree that blew our minds. That was my favorite one.
2. Octopus , very tender and juicy.
3. Fluke crudo with celery, another must if you like carpaccio style food.

For entries we had the fish of the day grilled (a sole), very fresh and delicious, and an exquisite Crisp fried Cod.

We tried other restaurants in the city that are very well rated but this will be by far my first choice.

It was definitely an excellent experience!

C.F.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Javier B, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Carmen F,

It is certainly pleasing to know that you rate us so highly and that you had such a wonderful stay out the Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach. It is thrilling to read that you value the design and the overall renovation work done in the building. Furthermore, we are fascinated to read all the positive comments on the Traymore Restaurant and Bar, we feel specially honored to have offered you the best scallops of your life. We will make sure you will always be able to enjoy them.

We look forward to hosting you again very shortly.

Best regards,

Javier Beneyto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I recently stayed at the Metropolitan by Como during their soft opening. I had such a good time. The hotel is very serene, done in a palette of neutral colors using the original terrazzo of the Traymore, and incorporating the original art deco structure beautifully. The dining area is set in the ground floor adjacent to a very nice bar area. My room had a view of the ocean which I loved. The service was excellent to a person. Everyone could not have been nicer or more helpful. The room was beautifully made up and when I arrived there were two delicious little tarts waiting. The rain shower was a treat. There is an expresso machine in the room which is very welcome. The food is first rate and I had breakfast on the front patio area and lunch at the pool. The pool is large enough to swim laps and is the perfect temperature. There is a bar at the pool, outdoor showers and an area under palm trees with tables and chairs as well as the chaises and umbrellas around the pool. The staff at the pool and at the beach were also wonderful. There is music playing at the pool (not loud, but very present) which I would have preferred not to have as I like to just listen to the ocean, the breeze in the palm trees, birds etc. But it seems that most of the hotels have music at the pools these days. The beach is sandy and large and a bit away from the crowds of South Beach proper (you can easily walk there along the beach or boardwalk). There are cabanas and umbrellas to rent along with the complimentary chaise lounges. I didn't want to leave and look forward to returning some time next year.

Room Tip: it is a small hotel. I would try and get a room with a balcony, or facing the ocean. They are all...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Javier B, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear relco,

Thank you for your rave review. We put a lot of time into ensuring a successful opening and I am glad you were able to experience it firsthand. I am very proud of the staff we have and am pleased to hear of your positive interactions. We took great care in our design and glad you were able to enjoy our luxurious rainfall showers and the outdoor space by the pool.

Again, many thanks for the kind remarks and on behalf of our entire team, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach very soon.

Warm Regards,

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Simply put.... I can’t remember ever receiving better service from an establishment. The Metropolitan has become the measuring stick by which all other hotels will be measured. Their relentless pursuit of perfection is evident at every turn. I especially enjoyed the bar staff, their mature banter and extensive knowledge Miami Beach gave us excellent insight. Whether it’s the gracious sincere staff, flawless facilities or incredible food this newcomer will ensure you want for nothing. Until you have to leave and want to come back that is.

If you can conjure up a positive superlative you can apply it to this hotel.

Steve S
Ottawa, Canada

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Steve S,

Thank you for your kind remarks. It was our absolute pleasure having you on property. I mentioned your review to our team in our morning meeting, and everyone was very appreciative of your comments. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our stunning property and facilities and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a weekend at the Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach. Our needs are fairly basic (somewhere on the beach within 3hrs of NYC), but we tend have fairly critical and discerning taste (we like what we like). We've been to Miami before and have never stayed in the same hotel twice...for a reason. The Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach, for sure, met our basic needs. It is how they exceeded our expectations, however, that has ensured that we will return.

This is a boutique hotel. You are not a number here. Management and staff are just where you need them and disarmingly charming in their approach to any question or concern. They are as eager and able to engage as they are to simply point you in the right direction and send you on your merry way. They know it's the experience you're paying for. A well-run hotel can make a trip...it sure did for our 48-hour escape from the Polar Vortex!

Ask for an ocean view room. Visit the rooftop at sunrise. Use the spa. Get a daybed on the beach. Sip frozen mojitos by the pool. Eat every meal at the hotel. Make a special request. We did...and look forward to doing so again soon.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are intuitively the best.
Dear Benjamin S,

Thank you very much for dedicating your valuable time to write a review on your first stay at the Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach.
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed a well-deserved getaway at our property. Since day one we strive to make our guests feel special and provide them with a relaxing experience unique to Miami Beach. Be certain that from now on, you will always have a place where you can enjoy a delicious frozen mojito or relax on a comfortable daybed under Florida’s sunshine.

Hoping to have the honor of welcoming you back very soon.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We discovered COMO just in the heart of Miami Beach and decided try the breakfast. I had MET breakfast and was one of the best I´ve ever had: perfect presentation that invites you to enjoy and my big surprise was the two awesome thick bacon strips!! Perfect way to start the sunday!

My wife had fruit and french pastry that seemed to be baked in the proper France!! Delicious croissants!!

I cant wait to try the lunch or dinner!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Javier B, Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear bramorii,

It is very pleasing to read you enjoyed your breakfast experience so much, we have noted your preference for our MET breakfast and will definitely pass on your comments to our Executive Pastry Chef.
Looking forward to welcome you back at the Metropolitan by COMO shortly.

Warm regards,

Sam Eisenman
Operations Manager
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The Metropolitan by Como has hit every aspect needed to create an individual ideal getaway for each guest right on the button. From a personalized letter welcoming you to the hotel to being surprised by freshly made pastries waiting for you on your return from the beach, Como has given me a new definition of attention to detail. The staff were delightful. Everyone was welcoming and prepared to help in any way possible. Diego in particular permeated impression of humble sophistication congruent to the Como brand. An ideal location far enough away from the packed part of South beach to enjoy a quiet relaxing day in the sun but close enough to walk over if you are looking for some excitement. Typically I am not a fan of hotel food. The chefs at Traymore again set another precedent in this regard. Tuna tartar being my absolute favourite (I ordered it 3 times). The rooms were spotless. The beds were comfortable. The shower has me thinking there is a bathroom renovation in my house's near future. The only thing I did not love was that the parking was a tad expensive. Coming from the hospitality industry in Canada I am generally a harsh judge and do not usually find myself going out of my way to write reviews, but the staff at Como must have seen me coming because I am enamored with the Como brand and am racking my brain to remember all the little touches I will be applying to my own business.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ryan K,

Workaholics always deserve a good vacation! Glad you were able to enjoy your time with us and take a moment to share your thoughts on your experience. We have been emphasizing attention to detail since our opening and I am glad to see it is paying off. I shared your remarks with Diego and wish to thank you for pointing out his efforts in particular – he is an incredibly valued member of our team.

Glad we could change your outlook on “hotel food”. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm Regards,

Miami Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Breakfast and Lunch at the Traymore Restaurant and Bar in the new Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach hotel

After staying at Parrot Cay by COMO in Turks and Caicos, I can admit to being a devout follower of COMO Hotels and Resorts. After hearing the buzz about the new Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach hotel, and reading about how it has finally opened its doors, I couldn’t wait to try the new Traymore Restaurant and Bar at the hotel and was truly blown away by the exceptional service and the quality of cuisine that Miami Beach has been missing for the longest time. The restaurant offers two menus throughout the day – the main menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the ‘COMO Shambhala‘ menu, which is a lighter menu that uses fresh and organic ingredients used in various combinations with each healthy dish, to keep the plates flavorful and vibrant, unlike most health-focused menus available. I had various dishes from the COMO Shambhala menu at the Metropolitan’s sister property, Parrot Cay, and can say that the consistency in quality and freshness at The Traymore is quite remarkable. At lunchtime, I always look for something light but tasty, and the dishes I had over delivered on every level. Although each dish I tried was very light and healthy, the size of the plates were very substantial and fulfilling and noticeably larger than I was expecting. I was hungry for something healthy and departed very happy indeed.

The dishes I tried were the Green Goddess Soup, with seaweed and sunflower seeds; Kale, Pumpkin and Seaweed Salad, with marinated shiitakes, seeds and sprouts, tamari and orange dressing and the Seared Prawns with heirloom carrot and baby bean salad, hummus and orange blossom dressing. Every dish was phenomenal. My better half tried the Chicken Skewers, which had assorted grain, dried fruit and nut salad with tahini yoghurt sauce. He said this was exceptional.

I then came back the week after to try the breakfast menu, which I was very much looking forward to. The Traymore offers a breakfast menu of hot plates, ranging from pancakes to eggs of any kind and ‘The Met Breakfast’ (sausage, eggs and potatoes) for example, amongst other heated delights. What I craved for more and more was the delectable breakfast buffet, beautifully displayed on the bar counter. Juices, and an assortment of fruit, yoghurt and the freshest pastries I’ve ever tasted were all I could ask for first thing in the morning. I even arrived after 11:00am, when I was told the breakfast buffet ends, and was pleasantly surprised to see they were able to accommodate me, even though I wasn’t a guest of the hotel.

I decided to order the Ricotta Pancakes with blueberries, raspberries and bananas, which was a healthy treat that delights the palate and was light enough to avoid breaking the diet. This option was extremely flavorful and the combination of pancake with fresh fruit, always hits the spot first thing in the morning. The freshness of this dish even inspired me to start trying to make it at home! Before my Ricotta Pancakes, I wanted to try the yoghurt, which I remember from Parrot Cay, were so amazingly soft and creamy with diverse flavors such as Mango and Passion Fruit. I tried the Passion Fruit yoghurt that was heavenly. My better half decided to go for the Met Breakfast, as he likes to have something warm and cooked in the morning. He said how the eggs and pork sausage (they also have a turkey sausage option) were cooked to perfection, with the potatoes, sprinkled with peppers, acting as the perfect accompaniment. I was dying to try one of the COMO Shambhala Wellness Juices from the menu of 10 choices available. These are cold pressed juices, available in every COMO property worldwide and are designed to replenish and revitalize, along with being very nutritional. I tried the “Stress Reliever” which included carrots, apple, ginger and grapes or Beets (not sure which) and was one of the best juices I have every tasted. This gave me the energy I needed for the rest of the day.

The Art Deco design of the hotel keeps the original style from the 1930’s gives the whole hotel and restaurant a sense of peace and tranquility, with the soothing mint green tones, grays and whites almost transporting you in time. The terrace outside and overlooking the pool is where we had our breakfast, and is beautifully peaceful and serene, allowing you to eat in privacy, while at the same time, being a great spot for watching the locals enjoy the outdoor weather. This is my new number one place to go in South Beach after my yoga class, for a delightful drink at the pool bar, breakfast or lunch with my friends or better half.

Next up, an overnight stay at the hotel itself. Stay tuned.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear 4theluvoflife,

I must admit, I was incredibly touched reading your thorough rave review. I went ahead and shared your review with our team so they could get a sense of the impact they are having with our guests thus far. We take great pride in our cuisine and glad you were able to enjoy. You also touched on some of my personal favorite dishes with the Ricotta Pancakes and passion fruit yogurt. Additionally, I am humbled by your comments regarding our pastry team – we are trying to bring something new and different to Miami Beach.

Let us know when you are ready to try the hotel itself – we are confident it will be another enjoyable experience. Do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance on your next visit.

All the best,

Javier Beneyto

PS Thank you for the stunning images, as well!

Been to Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach? Share your experiences!