“Great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here the night before leaving on a cruise and left with a positive view of the hotel and staff. All of the staff (housekeeping, porter, front desk, bar, etc.) were extremely friendly and helpful in making our brief stay in South Beach a highlight of our trip. Upon returning to Miami, I realized that I had forgotten a suit jacket in my hotel room. Upon calling the hotel, they located the suit jacket and offered to ship it to me. Daniel in Security even sent a tracking number so that I could know the latest status on my package. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear LynchburgTraveler944,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Z Ocean Hotel South beach, your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope that you enjoyed your cruise as much as you did your stay here at the Z.. As mentioned before our team of professionals really go the extra mile to ensure our guests stays are as close to perfect as possible. Danny on our security team is one of those individuals that really like to go above and beyond (he sends his regards). Hopefully you'll be back soon wearing your recovered Sports Coat. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Medford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I'm a loyal IHG guy, and used my reward points for this 7 day stay. From the moment we arrived to the time of checkout, the staff has been amazing. I'm used to amazing staff, experienced by my frequent stays at Indigo Hotel in NYC (400,000 points worth), and this staff rivals theirs. Accommodating, friendly, helpful, going that extra mile means a lot.

This was a vacation trip for me, and I couldn't have been happier with t he room: spacious, very well appointed, the ABSOLUTE BEST SHOWER IN THE UNIVERSE, and a wet bar with a Nespresso machine (coffee and unlimited refills are complimentary). The package we had included beach amenities (chairs, umbrella, towels, etc), which we used every day.

Now, the unsung heroes; the housekeeping staff. They're engaged, friendly, cheerful, and VERY GOOD AT THEIR JOB. We saw them two or three times a day- running into them in the hall, cleaning the room, and turn down service. They literally anticipated our needs without a mention (they saw we drank a lot of coffee, and added extra coffee each time they came in the room).

I strongly recommend this property to anyone visiting SOBE. I don't have a single negative to say about the Z

Room Tip: They're all good. We had a pool view (overlook) room on the third. Personally I would avoid pool...
Dear Frank,

Thanks so much for your kind remarks about your recent stay at here at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach and for being a loyal IHG Rewards Member. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, the Z Ocean has a a great atmosphere and the suites are truly amazing. What brings us great joy to hear is that our "team" made your stay truly memorable. We take great pride in providing that extra service to our guests to make their trip from wow to FANTASTIC.... Start earning more points on IHG Rewards!! We want you back soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our stay has not lived up to the expectations we had based on the reviews. Check in was underwhelming , the bar and front porch restaurant were empty on a Thursday night so no atmosphere, we went elsewhere. I booked a king spa suite with hot tub on the balcony, however, the balcony on the second floor overlooks Collins Street which is currently under construction so it's very noisy, ugly and dusty. They should not be selling these rooms at these high prices during this time - you can't use the balcony! The rooms themselves are well equipped and spacious but the hotel overall feels like a motel.

Room Tip: Ensure you are not facing Collins Street
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Liz M,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Warrington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at the Z Ocean Hotel on Collins Ave.

My wife and I were celebrating our 20th Anniversary. We were looking for a quiet room but close to that action of South Beach. Z was the perfect place. We asked for a standard room is a quiet location. They set us up in room 308 and it was perfect. We could overlook the pool area and had a limited ocean view. The rooms themselves are very spacious, clean and well-equipped. the hotel is very nice and well maintained. the staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a hotel bar with happy hours every day from 4-7pm. the hotel restaurant is pretty good too. the pool area has little bar area where you can get drinks and food while lounging poolside. The pool itself is a simple rectangular pool 4 foot deep. There are a dozen or so lounge chairs available for guests from different floors. If you have a room that is poolside, you get 2 lounge and a patio table with 4 chairs just outside your slider.

We did tour the rooftop terrace rooms. they are nice rooms with a good view of either the city or ocean depending on location. These rooms have hot tubs roof top and a nice large terrace area. So if you are into having your own personal hot tub. These look like nice options. It was 90 degrees F when we visited, so I couldn't imagine going in a hot tub.

The hotel is right across the street from the beach, so it's quick access to the ocean and beach walking paths. There is a liquor store two doors down so you can make cocktails in your room. There is a great pizza shop out back and a starbucks within 200 feet.

Within 2 short blocks on Ocean drive, the outdoor cafe's spread all along the sidewalks. there are plenty of good eating and drinking options within a couple minute walk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear tmwmstr,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your most recent experience at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, your feedback is greatly appreciated. It brings us great joy to hear that you picked the Z to celebrate your 20th anniversary (congratulations). Glad to you liked the rooms and the amenities and you got a peek at our Rooftop Suites, those hot tubs get used in cold Miami weather (64") and heatwaves (96") best thing is that Jacuzzi are usually one water temperature HOT in our tubs you can request mild, medium or hot (like salsa). So we are hoping you come back for your 21st anniversary or sooner.... Please call me on your return for some special VIP treatments frank.fuentes@ihg.com

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Was not expecting this great atmosphere. It was swanky but romantic. The staff was very accommodating and professional. Wish I had extended my trip. Will visit the hotel again next time I come to south beach. Close enough to the action but far enough away to have some quiet.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LetMeTellYOU-Really,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. I like the word Swanky it suits us well... it's like screw off wine caps... I'm glad you found out about us and that you had a romantic weekend on South Beach. Your description "Close enough to the action but far enough away to have some quiet" should be our trade mark. Philadelphia is not that far away so we hope to see you back soon!!!!

Frank "glad you told us" Fuentes
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a long weekend getaway. Very nice hotel, great location, accommodating staff. Rooms are deluxe. We stayed in a suite with rooftop deck and, considering south beach prices, it was worth it. Room had high end updates, nice bed linens and towels and comfy mattress. Nice bathroom, but design provides little privacy. Concierge Mickey made great recommendations and reservations. Short walk across the street to Starbucks and beach. Located on the quiet end of ocean drive, yet just a short walk to all the action. I stayed at the Delano two years ago. This feels like a boutique hotel with better service and accommodations.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 743Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you loved your Rooftop Terrace Suite.... Yes are location here is the best. Everything is at our doorstep including the well known coffee chain across the street but the coffee at the Front Porch is much better. I will pass on to Mickey your kind words. We look forward to welcoming back soon.

Lake in the Hills, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is the note I sent to manager. Yeah he's that good.

Hello

My wife and I stayed at your Hotel for four nights in three separate rooms. Loved them all. Only suggestion would be to clean up the hot tub areas in all rooms. We will be staying at this location for life! The Hotel itself is far more than OK. It's where to stay.

I felt compelled to let you know about a bartender you have working for you. His name is Steven(Istvan). You must do all that is in your power to keep, promote(in your operation and to the public) Steven. Do not let him slip through your fingers. Stevens skill set, professional training and understanding of each ingredient and how they blend is the best Ive experienced. Let me explain.

"A liquid chef of the highest rank." Thats how My wife described Steven. I agree whole heartedly. We met him on our first evening at your open air bar at the Z and scheduled our remaining time around his work schedule. Coming from key west, and being disappointed from ALL the overly tart Margaritas or disappointing rum mixtures, we fell in love with Stevens art at first sip. Yes art. Watch him make a drink and you will know exactly what I say. Yes, he may not be juggling bottles or spitting fire while he makes a cocktail but when you pour your soul into every cocktail the way Steven does it dont matter! One taste of his soul quenching concoctions and your hooked. We ordered NOTHING on the menu drink wise. We just told him a mood or an ingredient and let him do his thing. From fresh blueberry, cilantro, egg whites, peach, raspberry or a simple margerattia every one was a perfectly balanced masterpiece. The best Ive ever had! Nothing else compares. Yes, you have other Bartenders who were nice enough but Steven is on another planet when it comes to mixology. A liquid chef indeed.

I strongly strongly urge you to watch him work then do a surprise shop on him and just start naming taste or ingredients. You will soon realize his knowledge of ingredients. His extensive training and diverse experience. As well as his understanding of the history of cocktails. Not to mention, the star that you have working for you.

Bottom line. Steven WILL BE The next big bartender in South Beach and beyond. Trust me Ive experienced many from your area to my home town of Chicago and around the world. Its in your best interest to make Steven the main thing at your bar. Let him Get creative. Let him make his magic. Let him have control of the drink menu. Do not say to yourself later damn I should of kept Steven!

Nick and Janine Mazzocco
Chicago

Room Tip: Any of the penthouse suites are awesome. They also have hot tub only suites that are right on the s...
Dear Nick and Janine Mazzocco,

Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy to hear that it was our staff and service in particular that made us stand out among so many other hotels that you have visited. I loved the new title of "liquid chef" .... I can personally say that I am a fan of his cuisine!!! We thrive on making our guests happy and ensuring that they have a wonderful experience. I'm glad to know our staff's sentiment of deep appreciation and gratitude to have you with us. We look forward to welcoming you again; please contact me directly at your convenience in order to assist you with arrangements for your next stay with us here at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Z Ocean Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!