“Romantic and swanky” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Romantic and swanky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Was not expecting this great atmosphere. It was swanky but romantic. The staff was very accommodating and professional. Wish I had extended my trip. Will visit the hotel again next time I come to south beach. Close enough to the action but far enough away to have some quiet.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear LetMeTellYOU-Really,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. I like the word Swanky it suits us well... it's like screw off wine caps... I'm glad you found out about us and that you had a romantic weekend on South Beach. Your description "Close enough to the action but far enough away to have some quiet" should be our trade mark. Philadelphia is not that far away so we hope to see you back soon!!!!

Frank "glad you told us" Fuentes
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a long weekend getaway. Very nice hotel, great location, accommodating staff. Rooms are deluxe. We stayed in a suite with rooftop deck and, considering south beach prices, it was worth it. Room had high end updates, nice bed linens and towels and comfy mattress. Nice bathroom, but design provides little privacy. Concierge Mickey made great recommendations and reservations. Short walk across the street to Starbucks and beach. Located on the quiet end of ocean drive, yet just a short walk to all the action. I stayed at the Delano two years ago. This feels like a boutique hotel with better service and accommodations.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 743Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you loved your Rooftop Terrace Suite.... Yes are location here is the best. Everything is at our doorstep including the well known coffee chain across the street but the coffee at the Front Porch is much better. I will pass on to Mickey your kind words. We look forward to welcoming back soon.

Lake in the Hills, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is the note I sent to manager. Yeah he's that good.

Hello

My wife and I stayed at your Hotel for four nights in three separate rooms. Loved them all. Only suggestion would be to clean up the hot tub areas in all rooms. We will be staying at this location for life! The Hotel itself is far more than OK. It's where to stay.

I felt compelled to let you know about a bartender you have working for you. His name is Steven(Istvan). You must do all that is in your power to keep, promote(in your operation and to the public) Steven. Do not let him slip through your fingers. Stevens skill set, professional training and understanding of each ingredient and how they blend is the best Ive experienced. Let me explain.

"A liquid chef of the highest rank." Thats how My wife described Steven. I agree whole heartedly. We met him on our first evening at your open air bar at the Z and scheduled our remaining time around his work schedule. Coming from key west, and being disappointed from ALL the overly tart Margaritas or disappointing rum mixtures, we fell in love with Stevens art at first sip. Yes art. Watch him make a drink and you will know exactly what I say. Yes, he may not be juggling bottles or spitting fire while he makes a cocktail but when you pour your soul into every cocktail the way Steven does it dont matter! One taste of his soul quenching concoctions and your hooked. We ordered NOTHING on the menu drink wise. We just told him a mood or an ingredient and let him do his thing. From fresh blueberry, cilantro, egg whites, peach, raspberry or a simple margerattia every one was a perfectly balanced masterpiece. The best Ive ever had! Nothing else compares. Yes, you have other Bartenders who were nice enough but Steven is on another planet when it comes to mixology. A liquid chef indeed.

I strongly strongly urge you to watch him work then do a surprise shop on him and just start naming taste or ingredients. You will soon realize his knowledge of ingredients. His extensive training and diverse experience. As well as his understanding of the history of cocktails. Not to mention, the star that you have working for you.

Bottom line. Steven WILL BE The next big bartender in South Beach and beyond. Trust me Ive experienced many from your area to my home town of Chicago and around the world. Its in your best interest to make Steven the main thing at your bar. Let him Get creative. Let him make his magic. Let him have control of the drink menu. Do not say to yourself later damn I should of kept Steven!

Nick and Janine Mazzocco
Chicago

Room Tip: Any of the penthouse suites are awesome. They also have hot tub only suites that are right on the s...
Dear Nick and Janine Mazzocco,

Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy to hear that it was our staff and service in particular that made us stand out among so many other hotels that you have visited. I loved the new title of "liquid chef" .... I can personally say that I am a fan of his cuisine!!! We thrive on making our guests happy and ensuring that they have a wonderful experience. I'm glad to know our staff's sentiment of deep appreciation and gratitude to have you with us. We look forward to welcoming you again; please contact me directly at your convenience in order to assist you with arrangements for your next stay with us here at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach.

Barrie, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The room was nice. The food and service were average. We had asked for turndown service - we had an ironing board up and no towels...but noone came. There was noone at reception as we were checking out. The property has great potential but sadly it did not meet expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear 743Jim

Thank you for taking the time to review the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. We apologize if you only found your stay to be satisfactory and we failed to leave you with a memorable stay. I invite you to return and give us another opportunity to change your mind. Please feel free to contact me if your travels bring you back to Miami (frank.fuentes@ihg.com). Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I researched the hell out of all the hotels in South Beach. I wanted something modern but walkable to the hot spots in South Beach. Let me start by saying the location is perfect. Your're right around the corner from ocean drive, Lincoln Rd and Espanola Way. Which have great restaurants, bars and shopping.

We got the Penthouse room with roof deck. Beautiful view but if you don't plan on spending a lot of time in the room not worth it. Way to hot to be up there during the day but perfect for a jacuzzi at night and to have some drinks (there is a liquor store next door, don't use the mini-bar.) Someone from the hotel will set up the jacuzzi for you. I saw I'd drained and not going to lie it was a little gross. The room is very nice. Great great shower, powerful AC. But was not as impressed with the roof as the photos portrayed. Very clean, friendly staff but it didn't WOW me like I thought I would.

If you want a nice room and awesome location this certainly is the spot.

Hint: do not eat at the Front Porch Cafe.. I have no problem paying $15 for eggs and $20 for room service chicken pram but it was less then average. Go to Eva's for breakfast across the street most amazing breakfast I have ever had

The only time I'll return to South Beach is with girlfriends. It's not w place for couples

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear ilovederek,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us from your last stay here at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach. We apologize that the service was not to your expectations as it is very important that each of our guests leave with lasting memorable experiences. We always try to offer the most comfortable room accommodations for our guests and apologize if this option was not met. We would love to have you back with boyfriend or girlfriends (we do great girls getaways) and experience us again and I will be more than happy to take care of you personally during your visit. Please feel free to contact me directly when you are ready to book frank.fuentes@ihg.com. We hope to see you again at the Z Ocean.

Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Great location. Pool and lobby area is nice. Not too crazy about our room, seemed a little run down. Not like the pics. We were next to an elevator and could hear it running the entire time. Lots of constrution very loud. Had to sleep with ear plugs. Overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear N H

Thank you for your review on your recent stay here at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay as for the construction currently underway in front of hotel.. As mentioned before this public works updating the streets and sidewalks and currently finishing up in front of our hotel and moving to the next block. As for not meeting your expectations we are currently updating our rooms and I wish to invite you back on your next visit to South Beach to see our new face lift to our guest suites. Please contact me directly at frank.fuentes@ihg.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I don't think I have enough stars to give to this hotel. My husband and I stayed in one of the King Terrace Suites after our Carnival Cruise. We have stayed here before and will not stay anywhere else in South Beach Miami.

The staff is overly attentive and helpful, they genuinely want you to enjoy everything there is about your stay. That is the reason we keep coming back.

I loved the "Do Not Disturb" button instead of a typical "Do Not Disturb" sign. Just remember to turn it off when you leave. My husband forgot one day and our room never got cleaned. We called the front desk and quick as a flash it was taken care of.

The shower has always been my favorite. There were jets bursting from all sides, needless to say it was the best shower ever! There is room for couples, maybe even four people if you are into that...lol I like to call it the car wash. I would shower at least three times a day!

This is a prime location. You are on two main streets from the front and the back of the hotel. Collins and Ocean. You can walk to many places in less than a minute or two. There are CVS and Walgreens, Starbucks and tons of shopping locations.

Don't forget your complimentary lounge chairs, unbrellas and towels on the beach. The staff calls you by name and treat you like royalty!

We LOVE the Z Ocean!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a terrace view. I like to people watch!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Taronda,

Thank you so much for your review and welcome back to the Z Ocean. We are very happy to hear that once again we managed to make your visit memorable. Our showers are "car washes" really all you have to do is lather up good and just spin around with six jets and rain shower you'll definitely come out clean!!! The staff is wonderful and attentive. We thrive on making our guests happy and ensuring that they have a wonderful experience. I'm glad to know I demonstrated our staff's sentiment of deep appreciation and gratitude to have you with us. We look forward to welcoming you again soon at the Z Ocean, please contact me directly at your convenience in order to assist you with arrangements for your next stay with us.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Z Ocean Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!