“Love love love. Hit the hotel bar - bartender is a true mixologist.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Z Ocean Hotel South Beach

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
“Love love love. Hit the hotel bar - bartender is a true mixologist.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Very clean. Super friendly staff. Nice view and perfect location. The bartender at the bar was fabulous. Great food at the front porch restaurant without the usual ocean drive gimmicks. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Mmacko,

Thank you so much for your review on your recent here at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach.
We are indeed in a great location, walking distance to many restaurants, attractions, shops... and the beach, as you mentioned, steps away only... Thank you also on your very nice compliments about our bartenders they are a great team and take pride in learning new cocktails and also creating some one of kind unique beverages (trust me, I know)!!! The Front Porch Cafe has been a South Beach favorite now going on 25 years, loved by locals and many guests from other hotels make it a must visit while on South Beach. We were fortunate enough to have them move into the Z Ocean Hotel three years ago and they are going strong!!!!! Please let us know of your next visit and contact us directly. It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Spent 6 days here with my fiancé and my expectations were exceeded. The attentive service and wonderful amenities give this hotel a feeling of luxury. Was greeted everyday with smilies and inquiries on how to make the day better. Loved the pool suite we took advantage of that pool and hot tub everyday. My only complaint was that I wish I could have stayed longer! Special shout outs to Cory and Major for putting this vacation at the top of my list. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear LadyLibra83 (love this screen name),

We are so pleased to hear what a wonderful time you had with us here at the Z Ocean South Beach. We all agree with you – this place is a little slice of heaven here on South Beach. Our Pool Lanai Suites are perfect for sun worshipers walk out from your suite and your on the pool deck!!! Thanks for the kind words which I've passed on to Cory and Major. The best solution to your only problem to your visit is STAY LONGER next time!!! So glad that you became a fan of the Z Ocean as we hope to welcoming you back real soon!!!

Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Back in Miami, decided for the Z Ocean this time, which was just great! (after Sagamori in Easter) Stayed for 10 nights (spa suite) in this well located, chic and friendly hotel. Central location, loved having morning coffee in the front porch (breakfast options and quality could be improved thou) or just relaxing by the pool.

The friendly staff is always working to make you feel great - special mentions to Mickey, for helping with the Jay-Z tickets and doctor's appt., Rebecca for assisting us with packages being delivered and all and Valeria for her great caipirinhas.

Loved it and will definitely go back... soon! ;-)

Room Tip: spa suite facing collins ave allows you to enjoy the sunset on your large private balcony; must try...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Luis,

Thank you so very for your comment. We take the feedback of our guests very seriously and appreciated the time taken to share this feedback with us. We are pleased that you had a nice experience at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach and stayed TEN nights! The staff remembers you and sends there regards especially Valeria (Pool Attendant)..... If you can send me an email to discuss your experience at the restaurant it will be my pleasure to pass on to our Food and Beverage Team. We hope you will come back and see us again soon we always encourage guests to stay a bit longer when coming back so we expect you here for a MONTH...

frank.fuentes@ihg.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love the rooms appearance, cleanliness, and location. It's quiet when you need to get some rest after being out with the crowds all day. The staff are very friendly. They get you to where you want to go eat, party or tour with easy accommodations. I would defiantly stay here when I come back to south beach.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear j32harris,

Thank you so much for your comments and constructive feedback on your recent stay at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach. If I had a dollar for everyone who commented on how our hotel smells so good I'd be a rich man (not PowerBall rich but well off)... We actually have our own scent at the Z Ocean called "elegance" and it really is a wonderful fragrance. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stay here every time we go to south beach. The location is great. The only complaint I have is the remotes in the rooms never work. I guess someone always takes the batteries.

I also think you should not pay a resort fee! It's the same price on the beach. If you don't go everyday you loose 20+ dollars a day.

You will love this hotel, and the location is amazing! Who mixes the music in the lobby? I love the music !

• Stayed July 2013
Ramon A A, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Bigwill,

Thank you for your valuable feedback! We look forward to having you stay at the Z Ocena hotel in the near future!

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent a long weekend at the and loved it. Close to everything and very friendly staff. Rooms could use a bit TLC but overall were nice.

IHG Platinum Member so we stay at a lot of IHG hotels around the world.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marnry,

Thank you so very much for your feedback on your recent stay at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach and for also being a loyal IHG Rewards Member (former Priority Club)! We are thrilled you had a nice time and we hope you will come back and see us soon at the Z!

Ann Arbor, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Check-in was eventful. I gave the clerk my credit card and ID when approaching the check-in desk. She fumbled around for 5 minutes and seemed as she was having difficulty. Somehow, she thought I was someone else, as she gave me their check in documents to sign.

I was NOT greeted as an IGH Rewards Platinum guest. After another 10 minutes to get that straightened out, was told a room was not ready. It was approximately 2:15 and check is advertised as 3pm. About an hour later, another agent found us waiting and indicated our room was ready. The lobby is tiny with little seating, so be prepared to wait in the 90 degree heat while your room is prepared. The hotel did provide 2 complimentary drink coupons to be used during my stay.

The hotel and room was very modern and tastefully decorated. The corridors and furniture/doors/cabinets in the hotel room are pretty beat up and shows signs of significant wear and tear. The bathroom was spacious and shower was awesome. (NO bathtub)

The in-room safe did not work, and took several trips over several hours to be fixed. Numerous light bulbs were burnt out; these took 3 days to get replaced. The maid removed dirty glassware, coffee cups, and plates from the room each day, but did not replace them with clean ones. At the end of the 3rd day, there were no cups to brew coffee in. The maids also missed removing trash from the room 2 of 3 days of my stay. The front desk was notified and failed to have these items corrected.

The room air conditioning turns itself off half way through the night. You will wake up sweating and your room at 80 degrees or more.

The bass from the loud music at the pool will shake the windows in your room for several hours after 11pm while you beg someone to turn it off. You will get 20 dumb responses every time you ask.
On the second day, I tried to use one drink coupon, and sat at the bar for 15 minutes before being acknowledged by either bar tender. When I was greeted, he told me it would be at least 5 minutes before he could take my order because they were very busy. Not worth waiting or begging for a free drink, so I left. The next day, I tried to get a bloody mary with the coupon, and was told that, and about 20 other things were not allowed.

Happy Hour at the hotel restaurant advertises food and drink specials. The $5.00 menu is ok, but attitude of the hostess and server are absolutely worthless. Terrible service too…..had to beg for water refills and never checked to see if we wanted to order anything additional or asked how the food was. I was scolded and the beer I just bought in the pool area was confiscated because they do not allow “carry ins”.

The restaurant staff was different the second day, so I decided to try the place again because the shrimp tacos were good. The server told me I had to order alcoholic drinks for everyone that was going to order any of the food specials. I think this place makes up rules and restrictions day by day based on how nasty they want to be. On top of it all, they automatically add a 20% gratuity to all checks.

Parking is $35 per night, plus 9% tax.

Overall, hotel staff and their fake friendliness are very poor. Their ability to address issues or concerns is zero. Restaurant service and staff are not tolerable. Poor all the way around.

Room Tip: The Fountainbleau is offering great price ocean view rooms with free valet parking and a $50 poolsid...
Green Features: In order to reduce amount of garbage sent to landfills, the maid will not remove garbage from your room during the entire stay!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear acey2000,

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback on your recent stay. Constructive feedback is invaluable to us and we appreciate that you took time out of your day to share your thoughts and experience and thank you for being an IHG Rewards Platinum member (formerly Priority Club). We will look into each of your concerns and address with each department head to ensure that items are resolved immediately. As we want to ensure that our guests stays are our number one priority. Thank you again and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you again.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Z Ocean Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!