“Execelent Hotel!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Execelent Hotel!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed to celebrate my sister's birthday, its a beautiful hotel in the perfect location close to everywhere you want to go but not where it's loud and crazy. The rooms are spacious and stunning, the sevice was outstanding, great staff and the concierge was fantastic he read our minds when it came to find the perfect place to celebrate her birthday! Great Hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear mguerra27,

Thank you for your gracious feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Z Ocean Hotel to celebrate your sisters birthday. It was great to hear about the engaging service, especially, for mentioning Mickey our concierge for his attentiveness and friendliness.

Looking forward to your next visit.. noticed you were from Miami no TSA or airplane delays for you....

See you soon

1,102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Athens, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had the need to be in Miami for one evening and wanted a room with a nice view of the beach. The location cannot be beat if you want to be in the heart of South Beach, but his hotel has only a sliver view of the ocean and you cannot hear the waves. The hotel upgraded me one room level based on my Platinum status, which was appreciated. However, from the moment I pulled up in my rental car, I noticed shortcomings that differed from the great reviews of the hotel at this site. For about 5 minutes after I pulled into the poorly marked parking entry, there was no hotel staff to take my for,nor help with my bags. There were many aspects of the room that were disappointing. The holder for the hand spray in the shower was broken. I had to call maintenance to help explain how to turn on the TV. Despite two calls, the TV remote never worked. The pillows were ridiculous; they are the thinnest I have ever seen. Stacking all four barely provided "lift". The coffee maker had an electrical issue. The spa tub looked inviting from a distance, but appeared to be filthy. Despite the ihg website noting "extended check out" for elite program members (easily 4 pm at Starwood or Hyatt properties), they initially declined, then gave a final offer of 1:30. I would have been happy with 2:30. The hotel was clearly nothing near fully booked. At a rate, with tax, near $400/night, I expected a clean, properly maintained room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear FreqTravDaddy,

Thank you for your authentic feedback on your recent visit to the Z Ocean.

My apologies for the experience not being a positive one from your arrival to our hotel, the inconsistent and lack of attentiveness of valet and bell staff. Also on arrival of your suite that you had issues with the shower and bedding. There is never an excuse for these inconveniences, I am sorry.

Please note, we take these comments very seriously, consequently, we are in the process of strategizing a refresh of the guest arrival and room product which will also include a complete retraining of the service staff to enhance the guest experience.

Once again, sorry for the inconveniences. If you would like to connect and discuss your stay in more depth, please feel free to reach me at the hotel or via email frank.fuentes@ihg.com.

Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This beautiful hotel located right on Ocean Drive (with another entrance on Collins) has a free cocktail hour every Thursday at 5:30pm and it includes free Salsa Dance Lessons at 6pm with SouthBeachSalsaLessons.com . Lots of fun, great hotel!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have private Jacuzzis on the balcony!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Howard

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Z Ocean.

Very nice to read that you enjoyed the Salsa lessons in our breezeway bar... your correct every Friday we have an instructor provide lessons to our hotel guests during our happy hour (drinks makes the lessons smoother).

Whenever you're ready for your second Salsa lesson please come back.... we will get you ready for Dancing with the Stars South Beach Style.

All the best

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just returned from the Z Ocean Hotel, a Crowne Plaza property, after a beautiful week in South Beach. The location of this hotel is a prime location. It is situated bewteen Collins Avenue and Ocean Drive and between 14th Place and 15th Street. You are in walking distance to Lincoln Road and all the shopping and nice restaurants, and near Espaniola Way and Washington Avenue, other nice areas to visit. The hotel is connected to the Boucher Brothers on the beach, where Oscar took great care of us for the week. Afternoons were spent with Valeria at the pool, which was private and the food came from the fabulous Front Porch Cafe, which has great food for breakfast and lunch. The only problem was that the room was not made up until late the second day and David, the front desk manager took care of this problem right away. The rooms are all suites and very, very quiet, which is important to me especially in a party town such as South Beach. This property is a good value for the money and we will return one day.

Dear Shenka,

Thank you for your feedback and comments on your recent stay at the Z Ocean.

Our apologies for housekeeping not being as prompt on your second day here but glad to see that David our Front Office Manager took care of it to your satisfaction. The staff you mentioned Valeria, Oscar and David are all part of our great team that really love to focus on our guests needs and wants during your visit. Also happy to read you enjoyed the spacious accommodations and our prime location and also the beach accessibility and that the staff was friendly and attentive.

Hope to see you back with us in the near future.

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife surprised me with a surprise trip to Miami Beach to mark a milestone birthday and our wedding anniversary. She chose this hotel for a number of reasons (expecially the value and the great location), and we were quite pleased with that choice. The facilities were beautiful and quite fresh and modern, and the staff was first-rate, especially Kristin at the front desk. She was awesomely accommodating, as was Frank, the hotel manager. They both provided my wife and I with some nice little perks in recognition of our celebrations, which was a nice touch and proof of their sincere awareness of the needs and special preferences of individual guests. We felt very welcomed and appreciated.

The only tiny fault I may have found with the hotel was the minor inconsistencies with housekeeping service. Overall, the housekeeping was excellent, but there were times during our stay when, after the room was serviced, we would find perhaps no drinking glasses or washcloths were left in the bathroom one night, and then several of those items would be left on another night, and then they'd disappear again the following night. Same goes for other items like coffee cups, etc. We were never left without anything we critically needed to enjoy our stay, but as I said, in-room amenities were sometimes inconsistent in their provision. I should note that I don't believe I've ever stayed at any hotel in North America where I didn't experience the same type of thing. I was told that the housekeeping staff was in transition at the time and that training improvements were in progress.

Overall, we were extremely pleased with the Z-Ocean Hotel, and as the ultimate form of praise, we WILL be returning there in the future, no question about it!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but if you want the best experience, choose one on the top floor, as those r...
Dear Philadelphiaman,

From all of us here at the Z Ocean Hotel, thank you so much for you kind words and for choosing the Z Ocean to celebrate your special occasion. I personally use to feel embarrassed when I would read my name on these reviews but it really just shows all our reviewers that myself and the team truly love our jobs and being of service to our guests. Now when they are special like you it make it so much easier for to really be pro-active with our guests (hint to readers "let us know if your celebrating a special occasion before you arrive)

I'm happy to read that you loved the hotel and our suites and on another note I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and they will be addressing those inconsistencies during there next meeting. Any kind of feedback allows us to make tweaks to the things we are doing well and perfect the items that need improvement so thanks for the review. It is our commitment to providing an enjoyable experience for each of our guests time and time again.

Thank you again and please come back soon.

Columbia, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I traveled to South beach for our 20th anniversary. Staying at the Z Ocean was the highlight of our visit. There is nothing better the warm Miami evenings and sitting in your own hot tube under the stars. As a long time Priority Club platinum member, I reserved the room with points, and emailed the hotel to inquire about upgrading my stay to the rooftop suite. They replied to my email immediately and the front desk manger and I came to a reasonable fee for the roof top suite, he also noted on our reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary. We were immediately greeted and welcomed upon arrival. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and ready when we arrived; a welcome card and bottle wine were delivered shortly after our arrival. Besides the roof top Jacuzzi, sun bed, table and chairs, fridge and the connection to listen to your MP3 player while lounging, our favorite thing is the awesome showers they have at the Z Ocean. On our first two nights we had turn down service, and fresh towels in the evenings; the weekend housekeeper (Mable) was super friendly, brought us chocolates and bottled water, each night. However once Monday came nightly service ended. But it was not really needed, but was nice touch. Service to prepare (clean and fill) the Jacuzzi was always very prompt and always without complaint. We usually called when we were leaving for dinner and when we returned we had a full Jacuzzi, fresh towels, mats and covers on the sun bed. The location is perfect for dinning on ocean drive, Espanola way, and a short walk to the Lincoln mall area. Also access to the beach is directly across the street, with beach attendants, who ready your chairs umbrellas and towels. As you can tell I can’t say enough about our stay at the Z Ocean, we loved it and had a great time. Thanks for a special time Z Ocean, we’ll be back.

Dear David

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay at the Z Ocean, we're pleased that you and your wife booked our lovely resort and thank you for being a loyal Priority Club member.

On behalf of our entire team, it was our pleasure providing you with the service and experience that you were looking for. We are fortunate to have such a lovely location, and we believe that it’s incredibly important to offer a our guests the highest level of service during their stay to make your vacation even more memorable.

I will share your kind words with the entire team and once again we are honored to have you stay with us as a Platinum member and providing us with such wonderful feedback and photos. Hope to see you on your next visit to South Beach.

South Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just spent 5 days at the Z Ocean Hotel in south beach and had a fabulous experience. The location is perfect. Close/walking distance to the beach, the action on Ocean Drive and Washington Ave. The service at the hotel was excellent. Thanks to Micky for recommending and setting up reservations at the 4 fabulous restaurants( my favorite was Yardbird) we ate at.

Hotel - The hotel is worthy of its 5 star reviews. It is not a very large hotel, but this is a good thing. Only 4 floors and there was never a wait for an elevator. We stayed in room 326. The room we very clean, overlooked the pool, 2 tv's with Bose system, 2 refrigerators (one stocked the other for your used) and very large bathroom. The pool area was wonderful. Places to lay in sun or shade. Great bar/food service right next to pool. The Front Porch" restaurant was had excellent breakfast food. we ate there every morning.

Service: Overall outstanding service and everyone was very friendly and willing to help with whatever you needed. We had an issue with our AC and the technician was there immediately to fix the problem. And Micky, the concierge hooked us up with a variety of excellent eating spots - use him if you go to this hotel.

Location: Located towards the north end of South Beach. Close to the action, but far enough away that if you wanted quietness and relaxation you could have it. Beach was right across the street and guest got a lounge chair, umbrella and towel set up for you at the beach. We either walked or took taxi to wherever we went. No need for a car.

Overall - we had a great experience and would highly recommend to anyone looking to escape for a few days.

Room Tip: Rooms on seciond floor opened right out to pool so if that is what you want stay on second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear ScotVHS,

Thank you for your positive review of the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach "5 stars"!!! We're pleased that you enjoyed your visit, and thank you for your kind comments regarding our boutique resort and staff. Our entire team takes great pride in offering friendly, attentive service at each and every turn. We do share all our guest comments with our staff – and I’m sure that they will enjoy yours in particular especially Mickey (greatest concierge on South Beach).

Great choice on a South Beach Suite – I agree our suites are truly exceptional. On your next visit, be sure to look into our Spa Suites or Pool Lanai Suites both offer hot tubs right outside your sliding glass door. Feel free to reach out to me if I may be of any assistance.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We look forward to your next visit to South Beach!

All the best

PS - I LOVE YARDBIRD!!!

Been to Z Ocean Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!