“Definitely Coming Back! Incredible Hotel - Perfect Location!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
California
“Definitely Coming Back! Incredible Hotel - Perfect Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We just returned from an amazing 5 night stay at Z Ocean Hotel. I went with my husband and 13 year old daughter over Spring Break last week. Upon our arrival, we were greeted with champagne which was a wonderful treat. We stayed in one of their Penthouse rooftop spa suites. The room was beautiful with a super-comfy bed, and laid out well, complete with a queen sleeper sofa, perfect for my daughter, a sleek kitchenette/wet bar, and a large bathroom with multi-jetted steam shower. We had a partial ocean view suite, so upstairs on our private, spacious balcony we could sunbathe on the large lounge/bed, overlooking the pool and enjoy the views of the ocean, or sit in our own spa.

The customer service Z Ocean Hotel provided to was extraordinary! Our room was always perfectly cleaned each afternoon and the few times we had to call for something, our requests were immediately handled by friendly personnel. Everyone we talked with at the front desk were welcoming and friendly. Domingo was so nice and of great assistance in the Valet with our bags and help with our rental car. Mickey in Concierge was fun to talk with, and was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about anything we wanted to know as far as where to rent jet skis, parasailing, the weather conditions, concert tickets and he helped us score a great deal with our rental car the last day. Z Ocean Hotel hands-down had amazing service. The ambience of Z Ocean Hotel is not over-crowded or noisy and showcases a comfortable lobby and modern indoor/outdoor lounging and bar area.

Besides the sophisticated, boutique feel of this hotel, it could not be more ideally located. One entrance faces Collins Avenue where there is a 24 hour deli right across the street, and is just a short walk to the popular Lincoln Blvd. shops and restaurants. The other entrance takes you right out to the start of Ocean Drive and lands you right across from the beach. Part of your resort fee also covers a lounge chair for each family member and an umbrella on the beach each day of your stay. The staff who assisted with the set up of our chairs each day were great.

On the last day of our stay we requested a late check out and were accommodated. We sadly checked out of this wonderful hotel wishing we could stay many more days. We had perfect weather to match this perfect hotel and we cannot wait until we plan our next trip back. Anyone who stays here will find Z Ocean Hotel a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: The rooftop suites are the best in my opinion - private balcony with lounging and spa. Definitely re...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Rachel W,

Thank you for your positive review of the Z Ocean! We’re pleased that you enjoyed your visit, and thank you for your kind comments regarding our boutique resort and staff. Our entire team takes great pride in offering friendly, attentive service at each and every turn. We do share all our guest comments with our staff – and I’m sure that they will enjoy yours in particular. Thank you also for such a great detailed review and giving us specifics on what you enjoyed about your visit.. We love feedback and feedback like yours is priceless!!!!!

Great choice on a Rooftop Suite – I agree that those views are truly exceptional. On your next visit, be sure to check out our package offerings. Most of our packages already include your resort fee and valet parking fee – as well as extras such as breakfast daily and beach bags. Feel free to reach out to me if I may be of any assistance.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We look forward to your next visit to the Z Ocean!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We walked in the door and were greeted with two glasses of champagne! I love the fruit infused water in the lobby too. The rooms are amazing and very spacious. My boyfriend could take a shower while I did my makeup in the other part of the powder room. The restaurants is excellent but can be slowwww. I love the gym because it is partly outdoors. Amazing staff that go above and beyong. The concierge heard I was vegetarian so he looked up Miami veg restaurants and gave me the list!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jetsetprincess,

Thank you for choosing the Z Ocean and for sharing your positive experience with other travelers here on TripAdvisor! It’s a pleasure to read your comments regarding your visit, in particular the service provided be each staff member that you encountered. We are fortunate to have service professionals such as Mickey (concierge) and the rest of the team. Everyone will really appreciate your kind comments.

Additionally, your comments regarding the design and comfort of our guestrooms are most welcome. I explain to everyone that our showers are a "bathing experience" like food can be a delight our showers are delicious!!!! The way one person can shave in one area and your clear across the other end putting on makeup does make hitting the town more convenient. We're glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you again for your visit and for sharing your experience. Our entire team looks forward to once again being of service on a future trip to Miami... P.S. service isn't really slow here just remember you're on vacation there's no rush.....

All the best,

Oakland, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

So my friend and I were given a trip to Miami and it was our first time. After the amazing time we had it will not be our last. From the moment we checked in the service we received was amazing. Kristen and Vanessa at the front desk as very sweet and gave us amazing customer service. Make sure you go to the bar and ask for Major, Amazing bartender. The room was so clean and spacious. We were supposed to get a double room but somehow got a single with a King bed, which was fine (it was so big my friend and I didn't even feel like we were in the same bed) Our room also had a hot tub on the balcony. Which was cool, we didn't have an opp to use it but having the option was great. We had breakfast at the front porch (so good) Get the crab cake Benedict. All in all this was a beautiful, intimate hotel and a great place for our first time stay. It set the bar for future trips here.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool. Ours was in the back facing an empty dirt patch.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Maryam B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent trip to South Beach and your visit to the Z Ocean. It’s great to that it was your first visit to South Beach but not your last.... setting a high standard is what we do best... Your suite was a Spa Suite and pretty cool how you have your own hot tub on your balcony. Thank you also on your kinds words about our housekeeping team, they do an awesome job keeping the rooms so beautiful from the polished marble to the bathrooms towels truly a fantastic team.

As for the Front Porch Cafe they make the best best (I'll say it again) best breakfast in town and the crab cake benedicts, pancakes, green eggs and ham (I'm getting hungry right now) are definitely just a few of their great menu items.

We are fortunate to have a dedicated team of service professionals that truly understand the definition of friendly, attentive service. Individuals such as Kristen and Vanessa at the Front Desk are a key part of our service culture – and we appreciate you taking a moment to recognize them by name. Your comments will definitely make their day!

Thank you again for your visit and recommendation. It was our pleasure hosting you soon.

All the best,

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at the Z Ocean Hotel a couple of days this week and I had the time of my life. The property is beautiful and well decorated. The staff is extremely helpful and neat. From the moment that I walked in the front door I was impressed. I stayed in one of the penthouses that overlooked Ocean Drive and I was able to see the beach right across the street. The rooftop was perfect for lounging in the sun or for romantic moments. The private hot tub was amazing. The bed was plush and perfect for a good night's sleep after living it up on SoBe. The bathroom has awesome his a her sections and a shower with 6 shower jets. The food wasn't that great and was overpriced but there are so many other places to eat in the immediate area that I wasn't bothered. The location is convenient and close to just about everything but far enough to be peaceful. My fiance' and I have decided to make staying at the Z Ocean Hotel an annual trip because we loved it so much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Danielle_G329,

Thank you for choosing the Z Ocean for your getaway with your fiance! It’s great to read that you enjoyed your visit, in particular your well-appointed Rooftop Suite. You hit every detail on what they are there for comfort, convenience and romance!!! I am sorry that your experience with our restaurant was not as you expected... I'm sure given a second opportunity they will exceed your expectation. I have shared your experience with our team so that they can work to ensure your next visit will to ensure that your experience is perfect from start to finish.

Thank you again for your visit and support. And please feel free to reach out to me when you are looking to return (even if it’s last minute!). I would be happy to assist with your accommodations.

Bel Air, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed 4 nights at the beginning of April and were both very impressed. I travel roughly 80 nights a year and get to stay at many nice hotels so I'm not that easily impressed. I have to say that this place is one of the best hotels that I've been so far. I have never experienced this level of service anywhere. I highly recommend the Z Ocean Hotel and would certainly return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rob,

Thank you for your positive review of your recent visit to the Z OCean! Our entire team works diligently to take care of the needs guests especially those that tend to travel more often, so it’s nice to see that you were able to enjoy your stay and we not only met your high standards but managed to exceed them during your visit.

Those are great pictures of our hotel and the area – thank you for sharing! We’ll hope for some more of those on your next visit to our resort.

Cound
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was a great choice of hotel and overall a really enjoyable experience. My wife and I spent 9 nights there over the Easter period.

The good points were:

• Friendly and helpful staff - I do not normally single out individuals but worth mentioning Mickey (the Chief Concierge) and Valeria (Pool Bar/Pool). In the case of Mickey even before we arrived he was organising transport and restaurants. He gave my wife and I great choices for restaurants which we would not normally have picked and all were good or excellent! Valeria was charming, hard working and helpful at the pool/pool bar, where we did spend some time.
• Room – This was a good room with an excellent bathroom. Great shower/s and nice to have separated washbasin areas. The bed was very comfortable and a nice touch to be able to watch TV in either the bed or on the sofa at other end of room. The balcony was large and we used to sit out most evenings getting the last rays of the sun watching the world go by in Collins.
• Pool/Beach – Good pool, although small quite adequate for the numbers of people who were using it. You got the sun most of the day! However, for sun all day go to the beach. The facilities at the beach were OK but not brilliant. Try to get a drink quickly! It was only a short walk across Ocean Drive. We preferred the pool area most of the time.
• Location – Perfect!

Bad point:

There was only one issue that we had, which concerned the cleanliness of the pool area. Each night my feet were dirty and it was clear things were not being cleared/cleaned as items (orange peel/coin dirty tables etc) were still in the same place after 4 days. We mentioned this and a feeble attempt at cleaning was made but still the following day the problem persisted. After a second complaint the place was cleaned properly. I only mention this as I believe it is important and had everything else in the hotel not been good or very good it might have taken the edge of an otherwise great time! Cleanliness is important particularly in a pool area.

However overall a great place to go!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JohnCound,

Out of our nearly 740 reviews on TripAdvisor, I do believe that yours is one of the most detailed ever about your visit! So allow us to thank you for both your time and adamant support of all that we do here at the Z Ocean Hotel. It’s great to read that you and your wife visited us for nine nights and had a great vacation.

I wanted to also apologize for your commentary about the pool area during your visit although we were extremely busy with guests during winter spring break and Easter weekend the pool area needed to have more attention from our staff to ensure that the levels of services was maintained to highest. We have addressed this with all departments and promise on your next visit the pool area will not be a concern for you.

John, after spending nine nights (average for south beach is two) with us we need to officially pin you a Z Ambassador and on your next visit contact me directly to find out with the privileges of being an ambassador is... (don't know what they are but they'll be good).

Thank you again and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Frank Fuentes
Director of Sales & Marketing.
Atlantic City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Z Ocean hotel last summer beautiful hotel perfect location staff was friendly and welcoming. Pool lanai suite was perfect, it's quite and easy access to the pool, the beach ,the hotel bar and restaurant right at your back door. Location is in walking distance to restaurants ,clubs ,bars and shopping. Lovely hotel I will definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Newjerseygirliegirl,

Thank you for choosing the Z Ocean Hotel for as your escape from the North! Z Ocean Hotel has certainly become a popular destination for our friends in the northeast who need a few days on the beach. We must have done something really memorable for you to write this review from a visit so long ago or you must be missing us and are in need of a Zacation!! (I promised myself I wouldn't Z-fi words but I had too)

Your review touches on so many details that make the Z Ocean a truly unique boutique hotel and on behalf of the team we truly thank you for that. I have shared your review with our team and let them know how important not only our pristine location is, but it all starts with service!

Thank you for your stay, and we look forward to a future visit! Really really soon.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Z Ocean Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!