“Just love love love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Just love love love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

On arrival you might think there is nothing special to this place... however once you check in and go to your lovely suite, you will know you have arrived.

We stayed here in 2008 and returned this year for a second time. In between we stayed at other places in South Beach however I can honestly say, this place is my favourite so far. Fab rooms, excellent location, great service and good food. What more could one want?

One word of warning... we stayed in room 310 and the sofa bed was more like a double sofa with a double sized ottoman... our four year old stayed in it just fine however an adult would struggle, it wasn't wide enough or long enough for an adult. As these rooms are individually owned furniture varies slightly per room however if you plan on sharing with someone who will use the sofa bed (and isn't 3ft tall) than you may want to call ahead and check the situation in the room first.

Can not wait to go back!!! See you next year, if not sooner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Rachel1372,

Thanks for your terrific 5 star review. We are happy to have you as repeat guests here at Z Ocean as it is a true testament to our high service level that our staff strives for each and every day. We take a lot of pride in our customers that have made the Z Ocean their home away from home here in South Beach, and we are thrilled to consider you part of our family now that your traveling with your young one. We hope you do indeed continue to choose us when traveling to Miami and we look forward to your next visit here. PS.... we are looking into our pull outs.

1,100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Ok, Yes, There are plenty of Hotels with pools with Ocean views and Boutique Hotels at South Beach, Miami with great ambiance, and such... but, I find most of them lack the 'good' food or are too (ahem) snobby or seem 'private', like you have to be one of the 'cool' kids to feel cool in them. So, here's the skinny folks: The Z has always hired and trained a wonderful staff, which gives off the warm and vacationeeee atmosphere first of all. They are noted for having the best notable James Beard award winning chefs preparing your foods, and it is in a great location on South Beach. What I liked also was the unusual sky light in the lobby that is actually the bottom of the pool which is on the top floor. You can watch people swimming while standing in the lobby! Holy cow! When you go up the elevator to the small but relaxing pool area it is surrounded in the best Travertine flooring and fountains that scream...PEACE and style! give this place a visit for sure when walking South Beach!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear DebraS

Awesome! We are all smile reading your review and your nice comments about our hotel and your recent stay at the Z Ocean Hotel. It sounds like you had an absolutely perfect stay and really got to enjoy South Beach and all our hotels special touches including the yummy Front Porch Cafe. Guests love the Glass Bottom Pool and if we had a dollar for every picture taken of someone from the lobby side we would be very rich here at the Z.... Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Z, and all of us here look forward to welcoming you back very soon. See you next time!

All the best,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

The z ocean Hotel exceeded my expectations, Everyone there was cordial and professional. from the bellhop to the lady's @ the front desk and the concierge service . I stayed in The south Beach suite ,the room was very spacious clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable with all the amenities anyone could ask for. I can't say enough good things about this place .thanks Vanessa ,Jessica christopher and of course Mickey for making my stay @z ocean just wonderful .Mickey for always getting me the best dinner reservations in south beach.from Vanessa always making sure that my room was well equipped with everything that I needed ,Christopher for always being a step ahead , if i needed a taxi or my luggage he was there with out delay . thank you z ocean see you soon . Will .R

• Stayed March 2013
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Willramirez,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your experience here with us was memorable. We call your review one big "Shot Out" to our staff who does a great job of providing a fantastic experience and we would certainly love to have you back. Your description of our suites was perfect over-sized, comfortable and our beds are perhaps the best on South Beach (I'm going to start selling them on Amazon). We are always happy to hear our guests loved the hotel and that we were able to provide the best service possible. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked a rooftop suite and have to admit we were a little disappointed when our taxi deposited us outside. However our suite was great - spacious and the rooftop terrace meant that we were never tempted down to the pool. The service was excellent - the hot tub filled at our request whenever we asked - and quickly too. The bathroom was super, lots of space and a very big shower - Aveda products were generously supplied and topped up every day. Any small problems were dealt with swiftly and efficiently. The staff really were excellent and Mickey the concierge always helpful.
On the negative side, the bar was particularly disappointing. Sited in something akin to a wind tunnel and never in the slightest bit buzzy - and we could see why! Drinks were ok but one visit was enough. The restaurant too was poor. However due to the excellent location of the hotel, great bars and lots of fabulous restaurants were on our doorstep. Would we go again? If the price was competitive enough, then maybe but we could probably do better. And a word of caution, avoid booking at a time when there are conventions in town if possible as price almost doubled on these days.

Room Tip: Wouldn't consider anything other than a rooftop suite and preferably those sited on the corners...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Christine S,

Thank you for your authentic and gracious feedback on your recent visit to the Z Ocean.

It was nice to read of your arrival impression and experience, but saddened to read on your restaurant experience. My apologies for lack of attentive and friendly restaurant service, during your visit I've forwarded your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager to take action immediately.

As far as your overall hotel experience I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit and found our suites spacious and our Aveda products to your liking. Also that our staff were there to help with any request.

I would like to invite you back on your next visit to South Beach and personally handle your reservation. Please reach out to me at frank.fuentes@ihg.com and I will be happy to make any special arrangements.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Once again, this hotel exceeds my expectations! The staff go out of their way every time I have stayed here which is 3 times. They are so friendly and helpful. They worked hard to get me checked into my room early because I had a swollen ankle and I needed to elevate for a while before my next appointment. The rooms are incredible. I just wish I had more time to enjoy the hotel. When I visit, it is for the Seatrade convention and I don't have much time to stay at this beautiful hotel. Thank you for another awesome visit!!

Room Tip: I love the penthouse suite!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tammy,

It is very nice to have you return to the Z Ocean now for the THIRD time, and wonderful to hear about the engaging service you received during each of your visits. So sorry that you had a swollen ankle during your visit and hope your up and around now that your back home.

We love our repeat guests and look forward to welcoming you back year after year. Perhaps on your next visit you'll give yourself some time to relax and enjoy the amenities.... All the best and see you soon...

Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The best hotel room we've ever stayed so far, We weren't expecting the suite style room we got. I thought. The prices around South Beach were almost all the same since it was Spring Break week(which we didnt know). so we Picked this hotel from tripvisors good reviews vs price. Turned out to be a great decision. from what we read about the other hotels in the area, we think this was the best one. Our room had 2 flat screen TVs, living room, nice bar, 2 sinks, nice shower and had a balcony that opened up to the pool area.

The reception clerks and concierge too were great, all smiles and very accommodating and offered us glass of champagne when we arrived.

Hotel have two entrances which I thought is great since one puts you righto towards the beach and the other onCollins which leads to the the trendier area of Lincoln Street.

The only neg comment I have were the room service knocking a little too early. South Beach is a party place so guests stays up late. the room service maids knocked on our door around 9 or 930 am.

Overall it was a great hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike T,

Thank you for your authentic and gracious feedback regarding your recent stay at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach.

It was nice to read of your arrival impression and experience, also from your description your suite was a Pool Lanai Suite which like you mentioned is directly on our pool deck.... My apologies for the housekeeping departments enthusiasm for getting into your room so early on your next visit we added to your profile that you would like to receive housekeeping later to mid morning so you can sleep in.

Very nice to hear about the engaging service, especially, for mentioning the front desk team and your arrival experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon here on South Beach.

Telluride, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife booked this hotel room last minute for our anniversary. Not my first choice. They have no double beds so the first impression was not very good. (we have a 13 and 16yr old) The check-in woman was friendly, but aloof, she seemed lost and not sure what to do or where to place us. Finally she gave us the 4th floor with a private roof-top jacuzzi, it was a nice upgrade. The room was amazing, spacious with great views, even at night. We called for the sofa to be made and Ricki came to make our sofabed and turn on the jacuzzi. I casually mentioned to him that it was our anniversary if there was anywhere to get some dinner. He recommended the hotel's restaurant and some other local cuisine. (we tried the hotel restaurant "front place" and it was very, very good.) But my biggest surprise came once ricki left the room. He had left a red rose, a dish full of chocolates and a card that said "happy anniversary" by the jacuzzi. What an amazing gesture!! It made my wife's night, it made her cry. She thought i had planned it all (until now!). Not only am I giving this hotel 5 stars but also this employee who went out of his way to make our anniversary special. The experience at this hotel could have been uneventful but because of this staff member who went the xtra mile, it was a memorable 20yr anniversary. I dont usually write reviews but my wife is still talking about that night. I highly recommend this place. We are coming back for our 21st anniversary! and hope to see ricki again.

Room Tip: get a jacuzzi suite, vey private
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Taylor F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay. I'm glad we were able to change your perception of our suite size once you checked into our room. Our suites are perfect for triple and quads sharing rooms due to the size of the living area and double vanities and two televisions compared to regular hotels which only have two double (full size) beds. I'm so glad that Ricardo (real name) was so helpful and was able to score you some "major" brownie points with the wife during your visit. Ricardo is new to the team and we are so proud of him for going that extra mile during your visit. I will make sure to post this review on our employee lounge. We look forward to seeing you back real soon and earning you more points!!!

All the best,

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Z Ocean Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!