“Z Ocean Hotel, South Beach Miami, Fl” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Z Ocean Hotel, South Beach Miami, Fl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Once again, this hotel exceeds my expectations! The staff go out of their way every time I have stayed here which is 3 times. They are so friendly and helpful. They worked hard to get me checked into my room early because I had a swollen ankle and I needed to elevate for a while before my next appointment. The rooms are incredible. I just wish I had more time to enjoy the hotel. When I visit, it is for the Seatrade convention and I don't have much time to stay at this beautiful hotel. Thank you for another awesome visit!!

Room Tip: I love the penthouse suite!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Tammy,

It is very nice to have you return to the Z Ocean now for the THIRD time, and wonderful to hear about the engaging service you received during each of your visits. So sorry that you had a swollen ankle during your visit and hope your up and around now that your back home.

We love our repeat guests and look forward to welcoming you back year after year. Perhaps on your next visit you'll give yourself some time to relax and enjoy the amenities.... All the best and see you soon...

All the best

1,115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The best hotel room we've ever stayed so far, We weren't expecting the suite style room we got. I thought. The prices around South Beach were almost all the same since it was Spring Break week(which we didnt know). so we Picked this hotel from tripvisors good reviews vs price. Turned out to be a great decision. from what we read about the other hotels in the area, we think this was the best one. Our room had 2 flat screen TVs, living room, nice bar, 2 sinks, nice shower and had a balcony that opened up to the pool area.

The reception clerks and concierge too were great, all smiles and very accommodating and offered us glass of champagne when we arrived.

Hotel have two entrances which I thought is great since one puts you righto towards the beach and the other onCollins which leads to the the trendier area of Lincoln Street.

The only neg comment I have were the room service knocking a little too early. South Beach is a party place so guests stays up late. the room service maids knocked on our door around 9 or 930 am.

Overall it was a great hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike T,

Thank you for your authentic and gracious feedback regarding your recent stay at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach.

It was nice to read of your arrival impression and experience, also from your description your suite was a Pool Lanai Suite which like you mentioned is directly on our pool deck.... My apologies for the housekeeping departments enthusiasm for getting into your room so early on your next visit we added to your profile that you would like to receive housekeeping later to mid morning so you can sleep in.

Very nice to hear about the engaging service, especially, for mentioning the front desk team and your arrival experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon here on South Beach.

All the best

Telluride, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife booked this hotel room last minute for our anniversary. Not my first choice. They have no double beds so the first impression was not very good. (we have a 13 and 16yr old) The check-in woman was friendly, but aloof, she seemed lost and not sure what to do or where to place us. Finally she gave us the 4th floor with a private roof-top jacuzzi, it was a nice upgrade. The room was amazing, spacious with great views, even at night. We called for the sofa to be made and Ricki came to make our sofabed and turn on the jacuzzi. I casually mentioned to him that it was our anniversary if there was anywhere to get some dinner. He recommended the hotel's restaurant and some other local cuisine. (we tried the hotel restaurant "front place" and it was very, very good.) But my biggest surprise came once ricki left the room. He had left a red rose, a dish full of chocolates and a card that said "happy anniversary" by the jacuzzi. What an amazing gesture!! It made my wife's night, it made her cry. She thought i had planned it all (until now!). Not only am I giving this hotel 5 stars but also this employee who went out of his way to make our anniversary special. The experience at this hotel could have been uneventful but because of this staff member who went the xtra mile, it was a memorable 20yr anniversary. I dont usually write reviews but my wife is still talking about that night. I highly recommend this place. We are coming back for our 21st anniversary! and hope to see ricki again.

Room Tip: get a jacuzzi suite, vey private
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Taylor F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay. I'm glad we were able to change your perception of our suite size once you checked into our room. Our suites are perfect for triple and quads sharing rooms due to the size of the living area and double vanities and two televisions compared to regular hotels which only have two double (full size) beds. I'm so glad that Ricardo (real name) was so helpful and was able to score you some "major" brownie points with the wife during your visit. Ricardo is new to the team and we are so proud of him for going that extra mile during your visit. I will make sure to post this review on our employee lounge. We look forward to seeing you back real soon and earning you more points!!!

Arlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was our second visit to South Beach, respectively, and our first trip together. We found this hotel to be a very good value for the money and the proximity to the beach and pool access was key. The staff was also fantastic, recommending a good Cuban American restaurant (YUCA) our first night, and securing a reservation for us. They also sent us a complimentary drink at the restaurant, which was quite nice!

The concierge Mickey was also extremely helpful, guiding us towards some nightlife "musts" and getting us on the list for drinks at a nearby nightclub. He also directed us towards a great place to get some authentic Cuban coffee, Puerto Sagua, at Ocean and 7th. Our two baretnders at the hotel pool were very sweet, both from Brazil, and they gave us a great local recommendation for dinner at Juvia with amazing views of the city.

Overall a great stay and we recommend the location highly!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Meredith P,

First congratulations on your visit to South Beach as a married couple and thank you for choosing the Z Ocean for your visit. The entire team works everyday to make our hotel feel like a home. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your self while in Miami Beach and that you were able to experience all the great services and amenities. Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever need assistance with a future stay. Again, thank you for taking the time to post such a nice note! I will definitely post this one in the associate cafeteria.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My 2 friends and I just stayed at your hotel in the penthouse suite this passed mon-thurs from New York on spring break and I have to say it was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. From the second we arrived the whole staff was very friendly and welcoming and helped us with everything we needed whether it was in the hotel or things to do around it. The beautiful Vanessa and Domingo were really the two that helped us the most and made us feel welcomed. If I ever make it down to South Beach again, which I hope is very soon, I dont think I could even try another hotel!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Pequalax32,

Wow! What a wonderful note! Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words. I will be certain to share with Domingo and Vanessa and the rest of the team. We take great pride in ensuring that our guests file like VIP's from arrival to check out and I am glad you experienced it all.
We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed 5 nights recently and fully enjoyed our room,location and hospitable staff.
Other than one night of partying neighbors above us till 5 am in their jacuzzi room,we slept beautifully.The hotel staff was above and beyond nice.Thank you once again Laurie for my son's Z ocean teddy.A beautiful welcome indeed.The service and amenities were great.Valet parking a pleasure.Pool area lovely and quiet.The lobby area leading to the solid Front Porch cafe oh so cool.
Other than being somewhat misled into believing all rooms were 500 square feet which mine clearly was not,I was ecstatic.It actually worked in my favor because I love corner rooms.One less neighbor,more light and no corridor traffic.The rooms were awesome with the best showers and large balconies.Did I fail to mention the best location in Miami!
Definitely will return and won't forget all those smiling faces who wanted to make my vacation memorable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Peter,

Fantastic! Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We are all smiles knowing that we have the honor of being your new favorite hotel - that is a very high honor indeed! I am sorry that you had a few challenges during your stay, but I am very pleased to read that you were able to interact with our awesome staff and allow them to take care of you. All of us here at the Z Ocean take great pride in providing outstanding service to our guests, and it sounds like you had a perfect stay. We look forward to seeing you both again in the future.

Take care!

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I would recomend that hotel fo anyone . Rooms are large , modern , hotel is realy nice , very good location , and swiminng pool very nice for kids too . There is anything you need just steps away from hotel .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Marcin

Thank you so much for the review on your recent stay with us at the Z Ocean Hotel.... I'm glad your kids enjoyed our pool and I hope you took some good pictures from the glass bottom panel in the lobby.... You came all the way from Warsaw to visit us and we are honored you choose the Z Ocean Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Z Ocean Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!