“Fantastic Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Florida, Uruguay
“Fantastic Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Just before our cruise on the Norwegian Epic, we had a complimentary night stay at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach as part of our cruise package. This hotel was great! The valet, front desk staff, and concierge were all very courteous, friendly, and professional. The room was a South Beach King Suite which was large (about 500 square feet), with dual vanities, wet bar, Nepresso coffee machine, living area, comfortable King bed, expansive balcony with loung chairs and pool and ocean views, ...the list goes on. The decor is modern and chic. Somehow part of the lobby is below the swimming pool (not sure what is holding up the pool) but it is cool. There are "skylights" so to speak in the ceiling looking into the bottom of the pool. Very cool. The Front Porch restaurant is very nice with a relaxing pace. The location is steps away from the action on South Beach, but just in the right location that you can get away from the craziness if you'd like. The other nice thing is that you can use frequent traveler points here if you are in the Priority Club program (Crown Plaza, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, etc). We will definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to others. Thank you Z hotel for a wonderful relaxing pre-cruise experience.

Room Tip: I think all rooms must be great! I think we got the standard suite (see above) and it was fabulous...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear CK,

Awesome! Thank you so much for your glowing review and great comments about our hotel and our staff and the Front Porch Cafe! Although a brief visit you seemed to have truly grasp everything we strive for here at the Z Ocean.

We are so happy that we were able to make your one night special and you had a stay full of great memories. Thank you for choosing the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, and thank you for being a loyal Priority Club member.

We hope to see you for many more visits in the future!

1,087 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

As a Platinum PCR member for 10 years, I was seriously disappointed with our stay here. The hotel is in a good location, and the beds are comfy; however, after all the bragging hype I had read before our stay, I expected much more. We did not receive any Platinum perks (except free Internet service after I called the front desk to ask about this), and I had read about many perks before our stay. I had also read about fabulous turndown goodies, and we did not receive any of those either.

As I wrote in my travel review blog (iristina.blogspot.com) "I felt like they got me in the door, and then ignored me." If you do not have high service and consistency expectations, then this is a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Iris,

Thank you for the genuine but brief feedback. Your review is especially concerning to me. Service is paramount at the Z Ocean and we especially try and recognize all our loyal Priority Club members during there stay here. Our staff tend to be very consistent in delivering more than expected to all of our guests.

If something more than what you've detailed for us occurred, I would like to know about it in more detail. Please feel free to contact me directly at frank.fuentes@ihg.com. This review especially catches my attention because your stay experience seems to have been tainted due to our lack of service to PCR members.

We do not take this lightly and I assure you we are looking into your stay further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Groningen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Perfect location close to the beach. It is really just one block walking. Nice big rooms with 2 TVs and a kitchenette. A little quieter than the center of Ocean Drive. Parking is a hassle and you need valet parking ($32 per day). Breakfast is good but Starbucks is across the street.

Room Tip: You have a choice of different rooms. Street is noisy but there is good isolation. Poolside can be v...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Alex,

Thank you for your recent comments on your stay with us. Very happy to hear about your wonderful experience, and that you were pleased with the suite and the t.v's and size. Your correct our location is central to everything (minutes walk) but far enough to get a restful nights sleep.

Hope to see you back at the Z in the future.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I would recommend this hotel/resort to anyone traveling to South Beach! I stayed there from Friday November 30 until Monday December 3 with my husband for our wedding. We were married on South Beach that weekend. From the moment we arrived early and our room wasn't ready, we were met with kindness and hospitality all the way up until it was time for us to leave. The bell men were amazing and Kristin at the front desk really went above and beyond to accommodate us. I think Kristin deserves a raise! Any request or question we had was met with a quick and accurate response. We also had some of our wedding guests staying at the hotel as well as other hotels around south beach and the guests who stayed here had much better reviews than the others. I also worked with Dawn from the Front Porch Cafe to get our guests a meal after the wedding since we had an at home reception and weren't having one in Miami. The food was delicious and service was on point! They even allowed us to bring in our own cupcakes and they plated them for our guests since we didn't have a wedding cake! I felt like the service at this hotel was personalized and that they were very receptive to my needs the entire trip. Even Juan, who I think was the security guard (who someone called on us because we were being loud during the pre-bachelorette party), was very nice about asking us to keep it down and even provided me first aid when I cut my hand on a broken glass at a club. I am very glad that I picked this hotel to spend my wedding weekend and would love to stay here again the next time we travel down to south beach! Between the shower, the staff, and the food, I don't know how we could even think to stay anywhere else from now on! Thank you for making my wedding weekend an enjoyable and memorable one!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cara,

First I want to say thank you for your wonderful review and congratulations on your special weekend (we wish you many years of happiness together) the staff at the Z is always trying to perfect the art of personalized service. It seems that from check in to check out to restaurant experience we exceeded your and your guests expectation.

From your review I'm sure your warmth, kindness and smiles breed reciprocation from the entire team here and we each individually carry a special fondness for you (Kristen says hello).

Thank you, for taking so much of your time to recognize those that often go unrecognized. You gracefully and genuinely build morale and point out the individual value in each of us. It is appreciated. Your energy doesn't leave the Z Ocean when you depart and we are looking forward to your return soon.

Happy holidays.

Mason, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Had an issue upon checking in, our room wasn't ready and wasn't ready until about 5:00. Gave us a free breakfast for the bother. The staff is very nice and accommodating. How many places do you check in and get a glass of champagne? Got a room on the Ocean Drive side to reduce noise. Had some issues figuring out the lighting and the sound system. Some batteries were missing from a TV controller, and the towel rack was falling off the wall in the shower. But a single call go all resolved with no issues. The Concierge was very nice and helpful and arranged a nice dinner a tour of Miami. The location is at the north end of the strip, but has good access to the beach and they provide an umbrella and lounges on the beach. The bellman Domingo was also very helpful. Jerry's Famous Deli is right a cross the street open 24 hours and has excellent corned beef sandwiches. Ate there three times. We spend four nights after Thanksgiving and used points for the hotel.

Room Tip: Have a variety of rooms, you just need to decide what you like and/or want. Ocean Drive side is quie...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear David,

Thank you for that very positive and detailed review! Also thank you for being a priority club member we realize that you literally have thousands of hotels to choose from worldwide when using your points.

I do regret that your room wasn't ready at the moment you arrived. As for the towel rack in the room I am pleased to say that all have been replaced since your visit and the new racks are screwed directly into the wall studs.

Hope you return real soon.

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

After soaking up some sun the next morning and checking out of the Tides, we walked 2.5 blocks north to Priority Club‘s Z Ocean Hotel. I like this location a lot more because it’s JUST out of range of the craziness that is Ocean Avenue but that craziness is still only a few minutes walk away if you want it.

ROOM

The room was a suite, not necessarily more square footage than the Tides but definitely a better layout. As you entered the L shaped room, there was a small kitchenette and bar area, perfect for eating breakfast in the morning. The bed was separated from the living room by a shelving unit that had 2 TV’s, one facing each way. Interesting way of designing a room and a bit wasteful to us as we didn’t use the living room much. The entire wall along the bed and living room was floor to ceiling glass with a sliding door out to the L shaped patio. There were 2 chairs and a table along with 2 loungers, plenty of room on the balcony facing the pool on the inside part of the hotel.

The bathroom was HUGE. There were two vanities that were about seven feet apart, which gives you a feeling of how big the bathroom was. The toilet was in between the vanities, kind of an odd spot. The best part was the shower. It reminded me of the best shower ever, which was at The Halele’a Spa in the St. Regis Princeville on Kaua’i. It had a regular shower head, a rainfall shower head, and four jets on the wall that sprayed horizontally. I felt bad showering for more than five minutes because it was a waste of water but it was awesome after a hot day at the beach.

FACILITIES

The only amenity we really took advantage of was the free beach setup. Like the Tides, the Z Ocean has an agreement to give their guests “free” lounge chairs and umbrellas. Free really means it’s included in the $20 resort fee that guests have to pay but that is waived for any Priority Club members, even non-elite like myself. So if you stay here, be sure to at least sign up for Priority Club Rewards.

The Z Ocean features an open air bar which we didn’t visit because we decided to walk Espanola Way at night. There’s also a great restaurant right downstairs called The Front Porch Cafe where I ordered breakfast to go. Service was quick and the walk back to our room was less than five minutes.

Of the two hotels we stayed at, we both preferred the Z Ocean Hotel due to it’s combination of lower key location, large suite, and potential for redeeming points! Suites like that in South Beach would easily cost upwards of $250. Considering how easy it is to earn or buy Priority Club points, I’d say 25,000 points a night is a stellar deal. I think we found our go-to hotel in Miami.

For more details and photos, please visit my blog: http://thehustleblog.com/2012/06/26/another-birthday-back-south-beach-king-grove-tides-z-ocean-hotel/

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike

Thank you so much for such a detailed review of our services and facilities and also thank you for being a loyal priority club member. The hotel you came from prior to your visit here is very beautiful and iconic, to say our hotel facilities and suite product was better is a great honor.

We feel that our location is perfect to the area, we are walking distance (seconds) from everywhere but away from some of the noisier attractions that South Beach area has to offer.

Mike, once again thank you for being a priority club member and we look forward to welcoming back soon.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a meeting at this wonderful hotel last month and I can not recommend it enough. The room was perfect, pool area great and the food at the pool and also restaurant were first class. I will stay at this hotel every time I go to South Beach and thank you to everyone at the hotel for making our team meeting and stay so perfect! Daniel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. You touched on several points and highlights from your stay.

I remember your group well, after the second day of meetings you all decided to bring the flip chart up to the pool and have your meeting poolside (which we loved) the third day I went up to check up on you guys and saw you in the hot tub and someone taking minutes that's what we call a "meeting south beach style!!!" We loved everyone from your group and thank you so much for deciding to stay with us.

We are centrally located and have convenient beach access as well as a beautiful property to boast proudly.. but all of this only provides a beautiful and convenient backdrop to deliver on the excellent service that you experienced.

Thank you for your review.. we'll look forward to seeing you again soon!

All the best and happy holidays.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Z Ocean Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!