“Love it ..but be careful....” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Love it ..but be careful....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Visited the Z Ocean for the second time two weeks ago and loved it. I have written a previous review on this hotel but just thought I would update. We love this hotel and would go back but there are a few things I would say to management....
1) Put the rates up!!! It will keep the 20-24 year olds out...at 500.00 a night for roof top terrace I don't need the room next to me filled with 6 people all splitting the cost.
2)Set a maximum level on the roof top speakers so we don't have to listen to techno from 4 patios away at 10am
3)FREE WIFI...Most hotels at 500.00 a night include it now wherever you are in the world.
Overall from the front desk to the maids, the service was great and we would return.
For others looking to go, Sunday through Thursday are the best nights if you want to avoid the loud 20-25 crowd that arrive for a SoBe weekend. I love a party but thats why we stay here...its close enough to the Ocean Drive action but just far enough to be relaxing when you don't want the noise.

Room Tip: Take a look at Miami events before booking...this hotel is very cool and if there is an event on i.e...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest;

I am glad you enjoyed your get away here at the Z Ocean Hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and providing us with your insight. We are very happy to know that our team enhanced your experience. Customer service is something that I place a lot of importance on and our team is constantly striving to exceed your expectations.

Thank you for your loyalty, we hope that you will consider staying with us yet again. It is a pleasure having you at the Z Ocean Hotel. If I can be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Warmest Regards,

1,121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

We've just had a fantastic stay at the Z - fantastic room, loved the roof top jacuzzi, great service, amazing breakfasts at the cafe - the staff were particularly fab. But this really isn't the ideal hotel for kids and I think that should be explained on booking. We arrived in our room with our 11 and 14 year olds to find a lovers intimacy kit on the bed - tip for the hotel - if a family is booked into the room - don't get housekeeping to put this out. The sofabed for the kids was really inadequate - it dropped down at the end of the bed so the kids kept slipping down. We should have probably read the blurb on the hotel more carefully which does talk about it being a couples hotel, with curtains for 'privacy' around your roof top jacuzzi. That said we all had a fab time, there were other kids at the hotel and the children were treated particularly well by the staff. Big thumbs up for Domingo.

Stayed April 2012
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback. I am pleased that you found the Z Ocean Hotel to your liking. We place a high importance on customer service and the staff is delighted that you enjoyed their service. Thank you for your kind words for Domingo, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant, and I will pass the compliment on.

If your travel plans bring you back to South Beach, we hope that you will consider staying with us again. I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Best Regards,
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

A nice little hotel, which in a way tries to impress, but does not really succeed. The room was nicely decorated, but looked like it would be too small to all the furniture, the pool area is small, the common areas (including the bar and the restaurant) quite shady and usually quite deserted. However, the jacuzzi on the roof of the room was quite a treat and the personnel (during the few interactions with them) was very friendly!

Room Tip: The rooms with a roof top jacuzzi are quite a treat!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Z Ocean Hotel on South Beach, your insights mean a lot to us. I have shared your courteous comments with our team, and they are delighted to hear that your stay was a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back and feel free to contact me directly to assist you in your next visit.

Best Regards
San Fernando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Art Deco hotel was great. Service was excellent. Staff was helpful, polite and friendly.Great breakfast at the Front Porch Cafe. Penthouse with Jacuzzi was pampering. On the other hand, a charge of $14. per day for internet was ok but management needs to notify guests that the charge is per device and not per room. will surely recommend to friends and will return .Near Lincoln Road, Espanola Way and Ocean Drive.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear Valued guest;

Thank you for your kind words for the team. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your visit with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the amenities we offer, location, great service of our hotel, as well as the private Jacuzzi on your rooftop terrace.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to Miami Beach that you will consider staying at the Z Ocean Hotel again. If I may be of any assistance to you on your next stay please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Kind Regards,
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights as a premier elite priority club member payed on points 25000 a night and this included complimentary resort fee and free wifi internet access. Room 303 was large with lovely balcony with pool view.. Rooms facing pool on 2nd floor open out onto pool deck and i feel i would not have likes this, as provided less privacy with open patio areas and full view into rooms.
Lovely light, bright public areas with large comfy sofas, small gym, bar and patio restaurant. We did not use restaurant but food looked good if a bit pricey. However we found the location to be excellent with lots of bars restaurants and shopping areas in walking distance.
Fresh towels provided in the evening and turndown service if required. Room had cooler, espresso machine, microwave and 2 tvs.Jack and jill vanity areas and fantastic power shower with extra jets.
Would stay here again and reccomend to all our friends.
Staff friendly and helpful.

Dear valued guest:

Thank you very much for your kind words and sharing your experience on your last visit. We are delighted to learn that you found our property to you liking and your kind words for our staff.

Should your travels bring you back you back to South Beach, please contact me directly. I would like to assist to personally and ensure another superb experience with us.

Kind regards,
Lisbon - Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I've been in Z Ocean for 2 nights and i like it. Very good location in South Beach, near the beach and near a commercial zone. You have so many restaurants to choose in bothe areas. The rooms are very good and very big, with a great balcony. Very good service on front desk, with friendly people always ready to help you with some good advices about everything you want to do in Miami.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for your kind words and great review of the Z Ocean Hotel. I have shared your courteous comments with the team and they were very pleased to hear that you had a great stay. It is our goal to provide our guests with exceptional services and I am so glad to hear that you got to experience this.

We look forward to your next visit in South Beach and welcome back at the Z Ocean Hotel again. I would like to personally assure that your next stay with us will be as good as the last one. Feel free to contact me directly as I will be happy to assist you further.

Kind Regards,
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Splurged on a roof-top room with 2nd floor patio & Jaccuzzi. Nice but probably not worth the price. We were celebrating with family so it was cool to party up on the roof. Profession, friendly staff, clean hotel, nice pool and beach services. My only minor complaints are that the roof-top patio is accessible to the maintenence staff and it would have been nice to know that! I walked up one afternoon, and was somewhat surprised to find 2 workers there! It was a little off-putting. Anyway, we ate at the Front Porch Cafe both mornings and it was very good, but busy so we waited a while for the food - not terrible. It was definately expensive, though. The other minor complaint has nothing to do with the hotel. The immediate surrounding area seems a little rough. . . lots of liquor stores and young loud drinkers with lots of "ink" and skin showing. I'm no prude, but I think there are other parts of South Beach (around Prime 112, and the Bentley Hotel) that are classier and quieter.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay with us. We are so thrilled to hear you had such a nice experience at our property and that you enjoyed our great amenities. Thank you for your kind words for our team. I place a great importance on taking care of our guests’ experience, and efforts are currently underway to ensure seamless service. We are also making some changes to address some of the specific issues that you have mentioned.

Best Regards,

Been to Z Ocean Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!