“We really enjoyed our stay in your hotel, we hope to come back again very soon.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Z Ocean Hotel South Beach

Ranked #8 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Thiene
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

during our stay we really enjoyed a lot, every thing was extremay excellent for all of our family.

we hope very soon to come back again.

thanks for all staff.

Room Tip: our room was excellent for us as a family with three kids
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear valued guest;
Thank you very much for your kind words and sharing your experience on your last visit. We are delighted to learn that you found our property to you liking and your kind words for our staff. We are pleased to hear that you and your family had an excellent experience while at the hotel.

On your return trip to South Beach and your new home; please contact me directly. I would like to assist to personally and ensure another superb experience with us.

Kind regards;

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Leyland UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed at the Z Ocean from 2/8 to 7/8 and can only say this is the best hotel we have stayed at on South Beach.We booked the Hotel with Sydne who was also on reception at the hotel and the service we received from her was an example to all the hotel industry.Nothing was too much trouble from emailing her with requests and also dealing with her during our stay.We are experienced travellers over 35 years and given my service industry background I am always looking for world class service and we found it here.All the staff we met were helpful in fact.
We booked 2 rooms for our party , a South Beach suite and an ocean view roof top terrace which was superb with its day bed and jacuzzi.The Front Porch cafe served very good food and we would highly recommend this also.The staff also set up your terrace with towels and clean and fill your jacuzzi you simply ring them 24 hrs a day !
Beds and umbrella on the beach are included in the resort fee which is a couple of minutes across Ocean Drive at the back of the hotel .The front is actually located on Collins Avenue facing Jerrys Deli .We ate at the Deli and whilst the portions were large we found it better value at the Front Porch for better food and service.
We did a combined Everglades and Biscayne Bay boat tour on one day which was good ,the rest of the time we just chilled out as we were departing for Mexico on the 7th (please read separate review for Moon Place Hotel Cancun in next couple of days great hotel but let down by guest services , if only Sydne had been there !)
We ate on South Beach at Larios which was good but not as good as last year , TGI Fridays which was very mediocre, and Maya tapas and Argentinian steak house.The food here was good as most Argentinian steakhouses are but again the service we received from one particular waiter was brilliant.We also had lunch at Hooters at Bayside which was fun and great food.There is also a Starbucks across the road from the Z and it really is in a perfect location away from the noise but close enough for everything you want .
Lastly just a word on transport we booked a stretch limo from the Airport with Larry Limos to the Z and I would highly recommend them also .Very nice after a 90 minute wait to get through immigration and then to settle down into the Z beds which are without doubt the best I have slept in worldwide !

Room Tip: Book direct
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued guest;

Thank you for your great review! We are very happy to know that our hotel amenities enhanced your experience at the hotel. Thank you for your kind words for Sydne and our friendly staff. We are very lucky to have a team that strives to offer excellent and unforgettable guest experience.

On your next visit to South Beach I hope that you would consider staying with us again. I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience and accommodations on your next visit. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of service to you.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We loved the Z Ocean hotel. The outside had me worried but when we entered the lobby, it was pure bliss! Sophisticated, classy and had the best staff I have seen in a while. The front is on Collins Ave.and the back is Ocean Dr. You are in the epicenter of everything Southbeach! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for sharing your kind comments from your recent stay with us. Our goal is to enhance your experience with a warm, personalized experience.

I shared your kind comments with the team and they are thrilled that you will be returning soon and hope your next stay is as memorable as the last.

I look forward to welcome you back at The Z Ocean Hotel. I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience again. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of service to you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My family and I stayed in July this year and would love to say we had the most fantastic stay. First the garage boys were great friendly and willing to help with a what felt like a big american hug. Then the front desk could not do enough for us and helped to increase our stay to from the 1 night to 4 nigths the lady was brilliant. Then the room .....beautiful ....clean ...modern and the shower was something else. My 10 year old son really loved it and put the hotel at the top of his long list of hotel stays. The pool area was lovely and the beach facilities great and just across the road lovely! The stay at the z ocean was a really highlight on our road trip in Florida. Thanks guys for an amazing stay :)))))

• Stayed July 2011
Dear Valued guest:

Thank you for your kind words for the Hotel. Particularly that you had such a memorable stay with us. I have shared your wonderful comments with my colleagues and we are extremely grateful. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel as family friendly.

On your next visit to South Beach, I hope that you would consider staying with us again. I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience. In the meantime, we remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

If it's your first time to Miami Beach area and you want a hotel that is centrally located that is very nice- this is it. The hotel isn't huge but it's beautiful and the rooms are awesome. Hotel is only a few blocks from Lincoln Rd, Shopping Dining and right across from the Beach. They also make everything easy for you. They have an amazing concierge service and the beach chair/towel/umbrella service is in a great spot on the beach. If you're doing an extended stay they also have a great kitchenette with microwaves, coolers, fridges, coffee makers etc.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for the kind review. We appreciate the compliment about our concierge service, our rooms and location. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities at the beach as well

On your next trip back to South Beach, please let me know if I can be of assistance. I would like to assist you personally.

Warm regards
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed at the Z hotel for a girls trip the first weekend of August. The hotel staff could not have been nicer and more professional. The suites are lovely nad well maintained.
I have to make a special comment about their on site restaurant the Front Porch.
The food is amazing do not miss breakfast? The granola pancakes are over the top good. They have have happy hour specials in the bar and everyone was very friendly.
A special THANK YOU to Caudia our server everyday, who made our meal memorable and so very pleasant. She forgets nothing on your order and always got it right for us!
I have stayed at the Ritz and the Delano and would most definately go back to the Z
If there was one thing that I missed at this hotel, it was the lack of a full gym and a steam room. Perhaps they can work on that.
RH from Houston Texas

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Z Ocean Hotel and for the kind remarks you have generously written. I shared your kind comments with Claudia and our team, and they thrilled to hear that you were delighted with their service.

On your next visit to South Beach, we are looking forward to welcome you back at your new home in Miami. I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of service to you.

Warmest regards
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights with my wife. What we like about it is that it is close enough to the strip but not so close you are kept up all night by the noise in the clubs and on the street. Very modern design and the rooms are well laid out. We had a pool side lanai and it was fantastic.One thing to be careful of however is the weekends.Some show up for a weekend party which makes the pool deck pretty loud all day. The restaurant downstairs is great but perhaps a quiet at night.Each time we have been back we try to avoid Friday and Saturday nights...make the stay a little more relaxing by the pool. Roof top suites are excellent and for South Beach quite well priced.
Hope this helps!!
Cheers

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest;

I thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Z Ocean Hotel, your insight is extremely valuable to us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our staff pleasant and helpful and accommodations to your liking. I have shared your gracious compliments with the team and they are thrilled to have made your experience here a pleasurable one. I agree on your assessment on our property as a heavenly retreat in the middle on South Beach.

We anticipate welcoming you back to the Z Ocean Hotel in South Beach again. I would like to personally assure you another great experience. If I may assist you in any way do not hesitate to call me directly.

Kind regards,

Been to Z Ocean Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!