“Great Location for SOBE getaway...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Great Location for SOBE getaway...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights with my wife. What we like about it is that it is close enough to the strip but not so close you are kept up all night by the noise in the clubs and on the street. Very modern design and the rooms are well laid out. We had a pool side lanai and it was fantastic.One thing to be careful of however is the weekends.Some show up for a weekend party which makes the pool deck pretty loud all day. The restaurant downstairs is great but perhaps a quiet at night.Each time we have been back we try to avoid Friday and Saturday nights...make the stay a little more relaxing by the pool. Roof top suites are excellent and for South Beach quite well priced.
Hope this helps!!
Cheers

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Dear Valued Guest;

I thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Z Ocean Hotel, your insight is extremely valuable to us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our staff pleasant and helpful and accommodations to your liking. I have shared your gracious compliments with the team and they are thrilled to have made your experience here a pleasurable one. I agree on your assessment on our property as a heavenly retreat in the middle on South Beach.

We anticipate welcoming you back to the Z Ocean Hotel in South Beach again. I would like to personally assure you another great experience. If I may assist you in any way do not hesitate to call me directly.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

My wife and I stayed in the rooftop suites. The room was awesome, bathroom awesome and the rooftop private spa was awesome too! The staff were great and can't say a bad thing about is place. Magnificent!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your kind comments wit us. It is our goal to continue in the Z Ocean Hotel’s tradition of providing exceptional value and service. I have shared your gracious compliments with the team and they are thrilled to have made your experience at the hotel, a memorable one.

We look forward to welcome you back here at the Z Ocean Hotel soon. I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience. If I can be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Best Regards,
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Thank you Z-Ocean Hotel. My wife and I flew into Miami for a tour of Florida and after reading reviews on tripadvisor, we booked our first night at the Z-Ocean Hotel. This was the best decision I have made for our holiday so far.

The check in staff at reception are superb and very courteous and helpful. The rooms are "most excellent". The beds are so comfortable with lovely linen. The bathrooms are amazing.

The location is superb with lots to see and do..and eat and drink :-)

In summary, one of the best hotels I have ever had the pleasure to stay. My only regret is that we did not stay longer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your kind words for the Hotel. Particularly that you had such a memorable stay with us. I have shared your comments with my colleagues and we are extremely grateful. I am pleased to hear that you found our accommodations and service to your liking.

On your next visit to South Beach, I hope that you would consider staying in your new house in SoBe again. I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience. In the meantime, we remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
Chesterfield, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

This hotel is nicely located and appointed. The Front Porch Cafe has good food and service. Close to Lincoln Road shopping, Ocean Drive dining, and of course Miami Beach! Did not need a rental car at all. My only complaints are the housekeeping schedule and priority club benefits. One evening after a long hot day of shopping we returned to our room at 5pm to find that housekeeping had just started to service the room. Very inconvenient, we had to eat our dinner on the balcony and wait about 30 minutes until she finished to relax in the air conditioned room. Additionally, there were no benefits for priority club members such as discounted food, room upgrade, or lounge access.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this candid review of the Z Ocean Hotel in South Beach. I truly appreciate your insight.

I regret to hear that you found les than stellar service from our housekeeping staff. We take pride on recognizing and ensure our Priority club members enjoy a superb stay with us.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to Miami Beach that you will consider staying with us again at the Z Ocean Hotel. I would like to personally assure that your next stay is more pleasurable. If there is any way I can be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Warm Regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and found the hotel itself beautiful. But all the rules and rigidity were enough to leave a sour taste in your mouth. Even before we arrived we asked "can we upgrade to a spa room, we are willing to pay the difference", we heard "sorry, reservation changes are against our policy." On the day we departed we asked to check out a little later, they granted us an extra 30 minutes! We checked out on time and thought we would kill some time at the pool. We were not allowed!!! Pretty hotel, nice bathroom and lovely balcony, but far from a home away from home! Geez, we are travelling with a toddler! The least you can do, after accidently coming into our room twice, because you forgot that you had already assigned it, is allow us to use the pool for an hour or two!!!

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Z Ocean Hotel and for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your insight and how you precisely described some of our areas for improvement.

I place a great importance on taking care of our guests’ experience, and efforts are currently underway to train our team to improve their response to our guests’ needs. We are also making some changes to address some of the specific issues that you have mentioned.

It is regrettable that you felt that you received less than stellar service from our front office team. I place a great importance on taking care of our guests’ needs, and efforts are currently underway to train our team to improve their response to our guests’ needs. It is our goal to make our guests feel at home while they are here, and I am deeply sorry that we did not accomplish this for you and your family.

We hope that if your travel plans bring you back to the Miami area that you will consider staying with us again at the Z Ocean Hotel. I would like to personally ensure that your next visit is more pleasurable. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I may be of any assistance to you.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel is wonderful. The location is fantastic and the facilities amazing. We had a spa suite which included a private spa on your balcony overlooking Ocean Ave. They fill it for you with half an hours notice and provide beautiful Aveda products to enhance the experience. The pool is glass bottomed and provides an interesting experience when you walk through the lobby underneath. I think complaints on the pool size and location mentioned in some other reviews totally unfounded. Although they call it beach front, it is not. Only a short 150m walk away though.
There are two TV's and the most amazing multi-head shower in each room. The beach service is also great.
My only criticisms are the kitchenette which is really not. It has two coolers that do nothing. They are not coolers at all. We put cans of Pepsi in one that came out after 24 hours warmer than the room temperature. There are also no utensils or plates etc which we thought they would include, although the restaurant were happy to provide these.
The staff were mostly great, Cesar at the front desk in particularly was very helpful and provided us with some great inside info - ie that many Miami resturants include the tip in their bill so you don't pay it twice! He also gave us some great tourist info on our arrival and information on the loyalty club. We did however request help on some gyms in the area to one of the female front desk staff who promised to get back to us but never did which was disappointing. There was also some disputation with her relating to the fees that were and were not payable as a result of joining the loyalty club which is something I strongly recommend you do. Not only do you not have to pay for internet but if you join before you come you do not have to pay resort fees (although this was a point of contention as we were told if we join even after we arrive we did not have to pay these fees but ultimately they were charged to us).
Yes there are extra fees and taxes payable at this hotel but they were a lot less than the taxes we paid when in NY. They are also well advertised on their site and the major booking sites so unless you dont bother to read these details when you make the booking (then you are just simply stupid) you can't complain. Some reviews that whinged about these fees nearly put me off making this booking so please don't be influenced by that.
A great hotel, fabulous value and we would go again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review of the Z Ocean Hotel in South Beach. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will use it to assist in our goal of constantly improving. Thank you for your kind words for Cesar and the staff at the hotel, I have shared your compliments to the team, they are happy to hear that your stay was most enjoyable.

We hope to see you back soon, if your travel plans bring you back to the Miami area you will consider staying with us again at the Z Ocean Hotel. I would like to personally ensure your next stay is pleasurable. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can assist you in any way.

Kind Regards,
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I had two rooms for myself and one of my VP's during a conference that was held in late July, and we stayed for a week. Our rooms were the penthouses with the spiral staircases and the private deck with hot tub, table and chairs, roof awning (if the sun is too much for you!) and two-person lounger. The rooms were very well appointed (including a very nice bar area with wine and cocktail glasses), very well maintained and well kept by the housekeeping staff. As this is a relatively small, boutique property, daily service was fast and as early as we were. With Collins Avenue on one side and Ocean Drive on the other, you are a short walk to an abundance of great restaurants and bars. One note of caution: the place is very "lively" and full of urban patrons ready for some partying on weekends. They were not noisy, but the place is pretty much a hip-hop paradise until the calm of Monday afternoon brings calm to the hotel. If being part of a wild urban crowd isn't your thing... visit on weekdays! All in all, I thought the place was fantastic!

Room Tip: Ask for the best oceanview rooms available, and ask for the penthouses that face south (overlooking...