“Great Place to Spend A Birthday!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Congress Hotel South Beach

You added Congress Hotel South Beach to your Saves list
Congress Hotel South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1052 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The Strand)   |
Special Price
40% off room rate
Ranked #80 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Brandywine, Maryland
“Great Place to Spend A Birthday!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I surprised my boyfriend with a trip to Miami for his birthday. We both had been plenty of times, but had never stayed on Ocean Drive. As I researched hotels, Congress was the best priced and seemed to have everything we were looking for. When we arrived, we were greated with Sangria's and friendly staff. Our room was in the building across from the main building and one of the bell guys walked us to our room and helped us get settled. I always read reviews before I go anywhere but sometimes they still dont give you the full picture of what the hotel is. I will tell you when we walked into the room we were highly surprised and pleased. It actually looked how it looked on the hotel's website! Nice and clean and spacious. No matter where I'm staying I always need a clean room! Not a place to just lay my head kind of room.

When you check in they give you tickets for free happy for guest each day you stay from 4pm - 5pm. This was the best deal ever. And it's on the rooftop with a pool, lounge chairs, bar stools and tables. Everyday was a good time at this happy hour!

Eventhough the hotel sits right next to the Clevelander and they party all night, the balcony door is very sound proof. Unless you open your door, you cannot really hear anything that is going on outside.

If you want a good time and a clean place to stay on Ocean Drive I would recommend this place. Everytime I go back, I will be staying here!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GiselleGarmendia, Manager at Congress Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate everything you mentioned and we are pleased to hear you and your boyfriend had a great time! We look forward to having you both back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel offered excellent location between 10th and 11th on Ocean, beautiful views of the Ocean and large rooms. Our room was very clean and had all modern decor. The rooftop pool area is small, but relaxing... and they offer Happy Hour everyday 5-6 at the pool bar.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a great experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!
DMV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

For starters the hotel staff was great, from the bell hop to the cleaning lady. Even prior to check in whenever I called with a question everyone was more than helpful. Check in/out was easy and quick, the sangria wasn't bad... Giselle was awesome, I plan to deal directly with her from here on out. I booked thru a booking agency and the accommodations exceeded my request we had and ocean front view with a full length balcony in the Retro building smack dab in the middle of Ocean Dr. The room was spacious and fully stocked. The location alone sold me between the Clevelander and the Versace mansion I felt central to a lot of things. Compromised of several buildings you will have to travel back in forth to enjoy amenities like the pool. my only complaint would have to be the shower set up.... but i digress. The free rooftop poolside happy hour is a party in its self so get there early... the area is small the drinks are strong the d.j. is good and the view is breath taking ... I think I have found my new go to spot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We enjoy hearing the great experience our guests have and we hope to see you again soon!
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I've been to south beach plenty of times with my friends and had a great experience no matter where we stayed; but me going with my family (wife,17th month old son)is a different expectation in regards to hotel accommodation and quality along with hotel atmosphere. Staying at the congress hotel south beach was a great experience!! We arrived early(9:30a.m) the front desk greeted us with warm smiles and kindly held our bags while we ate breakfast on the strip and even though check in time was at 4p.m they kindly gave us the first available room that happen to be at 1p.m which was great since our son was just starting to get cranky and tired. The rooftop pool, the amazingly good food down stairs was only the extras to the hotel. Dishwasher fridge and freezer , stove top, microwave and everything else you would need to feel at home was in our room. Plus, being directly across the street from the beach was perfect!! I just want to give a special thanks to RaFael he was a great help with holding our bags and bringing them to the room and also on departure holding our bags and arranging a taxi to be there to bring us safely to the airport.

The beautiful family, (Ment a lot to me)

GREAT FAMILY VACATION !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I had a suite with partial view and it still was a great room!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review! We appreciate you taking the time to write us and we are happy to hear you had a great experience with us. We look forward to having you again in the future!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Hotel staff was great, providing everything I needed on my trip. Great roof top pool. Clean and up to date rooms at the best prices possible. Best location possible on south beach. Couldnt ask for more.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel and staff was great. Our suite was big enough for 4 people. Wished we had a balcony because it rained everyday from 2-6 but we still loved our room. We stayed in the Tropical building and the elevator stayed broke but all in all we had a blast and will stay there again, also we did not have any of the noise pollution that many people complain about.

Oh beware of all the restaurants on ocean, they are overpriced and will bring you out the biggest (expensive) drink if you don't specify, also by the end of your trip you will feel so harassed because everyone is pimping out their restaurants (literally). If you decide to stay on the strip Wet Willies (affordable food and drinks, "call a cab) and Mangos (they was jumping every night).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Julio R, General Manager at Congress Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
We are delighted that you enjoy one of our spacious suites ; Please remember to ask one of our staff members at the reception for our suggestions on Resturant and sights that you would love. We want to thank you for choosing The Congress Hotel South Beach as your Miami Beach destination and looking forward to exceeding your expectations again on your next visit.
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We checked in late on a Wednesday and we're met with a lovely smile and friendly chat before we got help with our luggage up to the room. The room was in another building, second floor and at first glance seemed quite nice. Rooms are spacious, and that's about it. The sofa in our room was broken, so was the paper curtain in front of the balcony door. Bath tub was dirty, room in general was dirty and dust left in the corners. A lot of noise from the street below.

We couldn't walk from our room to the front desk without getting harassed by the people working in the restaurant in between.

You get discount at the parking garage behind the hotel, $25 a night + $7 per day. So for two nights you end up spending $57 on parking. And a good walk around the block unless you walk in the alley, which at night is not so hospitable.

We checked out Friday morning, and in the front desk I was met with " Checking out?" Where I answered "yes", she then growled "Well, do you have a key". Certainly not recommending this hotel. Elevator in the building we stayed at was broken half the time we were there and it smelled of urine.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on second and third floor if you value your sleep, or choose another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Julio R, General Manager at Congress Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for finding the time to write a review. It is only through our guest feedback that we will know how to exceed our guest expectations and where we need to improve, please take our deepest apologies and rest assure we have address our staff on these matters. What you experience is not the norm in our hotel and would love the chance to make it up to you in your future stay.

Been to Congress Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!