“A+ Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Congress Hotel South Beach

You added Congress Hotel South Beach to your Saves list
Congress Hotel South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1052 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The Strand)   |
Announcement
Book direct & Save 30%!
Ranked #83 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“A+ Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Me and my husband stayed at the Congress end of January to celebrate our anniversary and also to escape the freezing cold here in NYC. We happen to be in the hotel industry as well and we know that it can be a challenge to run a customer oriented business especially with todays competitionand internet reviews. I gotta say the Congress Hotel has got what it takes: Great management, great staff and a great product. The staff exceeded our expectations all the time. A big thank you goes out to Brian the bellman which took extra good care of us! He does a great job! Prior to our trip we also emailed Front Office Manager Eleonor C, the woman who runs the show. She accommodated us accordingly and gave us an amazing suite with Ocean view. The room has great balconies, updated furniture and a comfortable bed. We couldn't have asked for more. Eleonor even invited us for shots to get us started on our vacation. In my opinion she does an excellent job with this place. On top of it all the location is perfect (right at the beach, you can't get any closer) and the hotel is nice and updated. There is even a kitchenette in the room incase you don't want to go out and eat every evening. The pool is on the roof top with a great rooftop bar. I will definitely recommend the Congress Hotel to all friends, colleagues and family members and remember if you go to South Beach you don't necessarily need to stay at a Marriott or Hilton hotel, stay at the Congress to definitely soak in the whole Southbeach flair for that you are here for. I am certain Eleonor will take great care of you. You have to be made for this industry and she definitely is!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eleonor C, Front Office Manager at Congress Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Hi Esmee,

Thank you for recently being our guest and for writing an amazing review about your stay at The Congress South Beach. I am so happy that you and your husband had such a wonderful time with us. Our staff works hard to consistently exceed our guest's expectations in the warmest and friendliest manner.

We hope to see you soon!

Eleonor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was one of many trips to this unique South Beach location. Perfect location, within walking distance of everything, the beach, fine dining, everything that South Beach has to offer. The pool has one of the most amazing views of the ocean. And we love that it is open 24/7! Lots to do on site. This is the only place to stay in South Beach.

Room Tip: Our favorite is room T205 which is a one bedroom overlooking the Versace Mansion. Delightful!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Eleonor C, Front Office Manager at Congress Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for the great review! I am so happy that you had such a wonderful time with us and I agree that our rooftop pool has an amazing view.

Hope to see you soon.
Morganville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My friends and I just came back from miami south beach. This is my 3rd time at the congress. We continue to return as the location can't be beat. Right next door to the clevelander and right in the heart of the action. The roof top pool is a great place to tan and party. On saturday when we where there a DJ was spinning and a decent crowd was there. The rooms are nice, comfortable 2 double beds, and a couch that turns into a little bed. It has it's own little kitchen area where we can mix our drinks and party. Overall I always find this place to fit my needs for our guys trip down to miami. The staff is great, hotel is pretty affordable considering it's right on ocean drive. We love to just stumble in from the local nightlife. Very good overall no complaints..

Room Tip: rooms on the back end of the hotel are a little quiter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review, its great to know that you love staying at the Congress Hotel when your in town. Our staff takes pride in providing the best customer service possible and it seems that we are doing just that. We have pool parties every Saturday and Sunday and the music and atmosphere brings in a great crowd.

Hope to see you soon!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel was amazing and right in the middle of all the action. Close to many night clubs and so many restaurants. When we first arrived the girl at the front did everything she could to get us the best upgrade. They also offered champaign as a welcoming drink. The pool is open 24/7, wifi is free and the staff was extremely friendly. The beach and the board walk were right across the street. The roof top pool was the highlight of the trip. It had an absolutely amazing view, a bar and it was not too busy up there. I will absolutely go back and stay there when I go back.

Room Tip: There are some rooms at the front with balconies facing the ocean. We had a one bedroom suite with a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eleonor C, Front Office Manager at Congress Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for recently being our guest and for the review!

I am so happy that you had such a wonderful time with us. Our staff works hard to consistently exceed our guest's expectations in the warmest and friendliest manner.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at this clean and comfortable hotel right on Ocean Drive. We booked through Bookit.com and stayed for half price (otherwise the regular price would not be worth it). The hotel is comprised of three separate buildings. The Congress was within walking distance of shopping and eating. I suggest getting off of Ocean Drive and heading to Espanola Way for nice dining options. The hotel room was large and clean and the bed was comfortable. The noise below is a bit bothersome since it's like a party every night until 3-4 a.m. at the bar below, but since we only stayed two nights, we put up with it. The pool on the 5th floor has an excellent view of South Beach and the ocean. Overall all, it you can get this hotel at a discounted rate, it's worth it. Bike rentals can be found at nurmerous rental stations around South Beach. Use them, even if only for an hour. So much fun!

Room Tip: If you want a beach/ocean view you will have to put up with the street/bar noise below. Otherwise, a...
West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here from Friday Jan 11 to Sunday Jan 13. Had two rooms. Checked in at noon and our rooms were ready. Was pleasantly surprised to see how nice the rooms were.

After we settled we went down for lunch at the restaurant directly in front of the hotel (not sure if it is owned by the hotel) We were offered 2 for 1 drinks--great, sounds good. Well, there were 6 of us--we each ate off the $9.99 lunch menu and my boys -ages 21 and 23 each ordered a drink and received the 2nd one free for each. Then comes the bill----$236!!!--HOLY COW--those buy one get one free drinks--well the buy one is $55 each. I was really taken aback. But oh well, lesson learned, paid the bill and asked a million question wherever we ate or drank after that.
--Really watch the gimmicks--just ask to clarify first--it really set my budget back a bit.

We used the beach across the street--it was wonderful. The rooftop pool was great and the bartender up there was really nice and helpful. The entire staff at this place was great, very attentive to anything we asked for and always greeted us and we came and went.

My only other small complaint is that the resort fee was supposed to include a coupon for breakfast per person, but the lady at the desk said that since we booked through orbitz, we could not get that. Seemed weird, the resort fee is a set fee for set services--why would it matter where we booked.

Overall a great stay--right in the middle of everything. Noise is there but does not bother me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Although I travel often, I never sit down and review the places I've been to. None have inspired me to do so. The Congress hotel on Ocean Drive definitely changed that.

My partner and I were looking for the perfect place to celebrate our 5 year anniversary on South Beach from Jan12 to Jan 15th. We researched almost every single hotel on both Ocean and Collins, and came across the Congress and made our decision. I am so happy we did!

Once we arrived at the Congress our room was ready before the usual check-in time. This was awesome since we were pretty tired. Apart from an early check-in we were also greeted by champagne and such lovely service by Sandra and the rest of the staff. So right away we are beginning our South Beach experience with great positivity. Before arriving to our room, Sandra congratulated us on our anniversary and said she'd check back on us later to see how we liked our room.

Our room was located in the retro building which is next door to the main lobby. Once arrived at our room my partner and I were amazed! The room was an absolute dream! Humungous space! Squeaky clean! Lots of sunshine pouring into the room. The balcony view was like none I've ever seen before at any hotel on SoBe. Located on the heart of Ocean Drive you get the phenomenal view of the ocean, palm trees, and colorful deco life that sorrounds you. We were so happy with the room we didnt even wait for Sandra to check on us, we right away called the main desk complimenting them on the gorgeous room provided.

The kitchen comes with a full size stainless steel fridge, glass top stove, dishwasher, plates and silverware, pots & pans, coffee maker with complimentary coffee... the whole sha-bang! Which is great when you don't want to spend too much money on the pricey SoBe restaurants, you can come to your room and make yourself a dinner. The living room is so spacious, you can do a backflip in it. The bedroom was cozy and bed very comfortable and clean. Huge TV... The view from the actual BED was amazing being that you can wake up and see the ocean. My partner and I kept our windows open filling the room with ocean breeze and sunshine.

But my favorite part had to be the beautiful bathroom. Huge mirror/sink area, easy to share with a partner in the morning. Separate private toilet area. And the beautiful tub with the rain shower head above it. I used the tub every day I was there it was so relaxing! Very clean!

Around the hotel you will find the trendy SoBe restaurants/bars. A few blocks down there is a Walgreens and a 7 Eleven for any amenities you may need.

Reading the negative reviews all I see are people complaining about the noise. The hotel is located in the middle of OCEAN DRIVE... which is in the PARTY CENTRAL of SOBE... if noise past 1am bothers you, then why in the world would you book a hotel on ocean drive? That makes no sense. My partner and I are a young happy NYC couple who love to party late and don't mind the noise, so clearly a hotel on OCEAN DRIVE is perfect for us.

Another negative review I see on here is about some room views. Not all rooms will be located ocean front, being that Ocean Drive is a strip. If your room view isn't superb, the Congress rooftop pool offers a BEAUTIFUL view of the Atlantic Ocean just a few steps away from your room, all while sipping on a martini from their poolside bar.

The Congress supplied us with beach towels and chairs daily. Their beachfront location was very convenient, located right in front of the hotel and not crowded at all.

I can't really think of any negative comments to say... although I do wish there was a bigger full size mirror in the room. The couch in the living room is not comfy to sleep on but nice to sit on. These are all very minor things that did not affect our stay at all.

We had a superb time at the Congress. I used to live in Miami and travel back quite often. I've gotten to know some of the hotels in SoBe and I must say the Congress is top notch for the price and amazing location. The staff was incredibly helpful and sweet. Sandra at the front desk helped out from the start all the way to the end... where we had a bit of a misunderstanding about charges. Brandon the poolside bartender was absolutely charming as well as the bellman Rafael who was so willing to help out in every way.

Thanks to the Congress for helping our anniversary be amazing!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eleonor C, Front Office Manager at Congress Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
On behalf of the Congress Hotel I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review! We are so happy to hear that Sandra and the rest of our staff provided great customer service and that you enjoyed your stay. The balconies at the Congress are the best on Ocean Drive and we are glad that you were able to experience the best view on SOBE.

Eleonor

Been to Congress Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!