“What a GREAT birthday surprise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Duck Tours South Beach

Duck Tours South Beach
1661 James Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)
+1 305-673-2217
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #40 of 120 activities in Miami Beach
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Duck Tours in South Beach has been operating since 1999 and is Miami's Original Land and Sea Adventure. Now departing from the heart of South Beach, our amphibious vehicles provide a once in a lifetime journey of the famous Miami landmarks before a dramatic “Splashdown” into the beautiful Biscayne Bay for a close-up look at the many homes of the “Rich & Famous” on Star Island.Soon after your journey on our "Ducks" through South Beach begins, you will quickly realize that you are engaged in an interactive performance that far exceeds your standard tour expectations!Each tour guide has a background in acting/comedy to ensure a highly entertaining experience for each passenger complete with jokes, music, plenty of interaction and of course “quacking”. Don’t let all of that joking around fool you; each guide at Duck Tours South Beach takes their knowledge of the “Magic City” very seriously. By the end of your journey, you will be filled with fascinating historical tidbits about Miami and Miami Beach, as well as inside information on our many celebrity residents.This 90-minute fully narrated show is sure to be the highlight of your stay in Miami. We have restrooms in our office for your convenience!!!!. After your tour make sure to take advantage of all other popular tours offered in our office at the lowest prices in the city. Visit the famous everglades or take a scenic bus drive to Key West the southernmost point of the US. Also, make sure to visit our other branch in Fort Lauderdale known as the "Venice of the Americas" Our friendly and professional staff is waiting for you to give you the best experience possible.
Miami, FL
“What a GREAT birthday surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My friends & mom "kidnapped" me & took me on a surprise birthday outing.. the Miami Beach DUCK TOUR! We LOVED it! Our driver was Willie & our tour guide was Richie!! They both kept us laughing throughout the tour. Richie interacted with everyone (by name) during the tour, played all kinds of funky music & ever spoke to people on the street by microphone!! The tour was sooo informative.. lots of trivia & things I never knew about Miami although I've lived here almost my whole life. Loved the boat part of the trip around the islands of the "rich and famous" and also the land part through the Art Deco section of Miami Beach. What an incredible way to spend 90 minutes! I will definitely take all of my out of town friends when they come to visit... great for all ages!!

Visited February 2013

• Polish first
Chicago
10 attraction reviews
“Quack!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Bart the tour guide did an excellent job mixing history and humor on this tour, I was very impressed with the professionalism and quality, I highly reccommend.

Visited February 2013
springboro, oh
12 attraction reviews
“fun tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our guide included everyone in his irreverent approach to the tour. He kept everyone involved and had a great spontaneous sense of humor. We especially loved the tacky songs he played while we drove down South Beach past all the trendy out door eateries. The looks on peoples' faces as he addressed them over the loud speaker was worth the price. We especially liked the drive past the art deco buildings. The vantage point from the over sized bus made for great photos. The view of the Miami skyline was also beautiful as we hit the waters of Biscayne Bay.
Very different tour but gets you out of your comfort zone.

New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Family time on the duck tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This tour was super fun.There was a lot of local information that was quite useful.The tour guide had a lot of fun trivia questions and gave out little ducks as a prize. I answered 10 questions and never got one(just saying) I took my 7yr old niece and she loved it.The boat moved a little to slowly for my taste but we still enjoyed the tour very much.The music was a little out dated, YMCA,is a classic, but oldie.

Woodbridge, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
“Entertaining AND Informative 90 Minutes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We only had a short time to spend in South Beach and wanted a quick tour of the area, and this fit our time frame. Captain Fritz provided a safe trip on land and water, and tour guide Richie kept us laughing the whole time while giving us an interesting history of the Art Deco architectural style and general culture of South Beach. He played a lot of upbeat music, humorously interacted with random people on the street, threw out a lot of facts and had a phenomenal talent for remembering guests' names and pulling them into his spiel. On the water part of the tour, he pointed out many beautiful and expensive homes of the rich and famous - who knows the accuracy of it all but we had fun with the details. Great fun and I'd recommend it to everyone - well, I'm not sure the elderly couple enjoyed the craziness of it all, but the rest of us did!