“HORRIBLE !!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 24 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Miami Beach, Florida
“HORRIBLE !!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

DONT STAY AT THIS HOTEL ME & MY GIRLFRIEND STAYED HERE FOR 6 nights the first two nights I seen roaches , the last night we were there we seen two mice run by we went to go complain & they told us it was nothing they can do & that the mice are inside the wall this has been by far the worst experience of my life do not stay at this hotel unless you wanna bring back roaches & mice back home

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We knew with the price and the reviews we wouldn't be gettin a five star hotel. But...

We arrived an hour early and were not allowed to check in until three. The lady behind the desk was really unfriendly.. even though we were early she point blankly refused for us to park sayin there was no more parkin available even though we had got parked and there were three other parking spaces.. oh and the website says free parkin but they charge you $10 to park..

We eventually got our room and were not told where in the hotel we was supposed to go to get there until we asked her twice.. the room was really basic but it was fairly clean.. there were broke tiles but the bed was clean and comfy.. the back of the tv had a hole where the coax cable should have been screwed in..

I wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I freaked out when I found bed bugs on my bed after a two hour nap on my very first day. The manager was speechless when he saw them, they refunded me the entire stay. This place is awful, scary, dirty.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I am writing this from one of the horrendous rooms at this hotel and honestly don't know why i did not listen to all the bad reviews on here and Still ended up booking into this hotel!! Even though I wasn't expecting too much, it is a cheap hotel after all, (I'm not a princess, I'm happy with basic facilities) this is beyond anything I've stayed in before... And I have backpacked extensively around Europe and the UK!

We arrived late, tired after a weekend at Coachella music festival in California. So you would think that I'm just keen for a bed, a shower and some sleep. Except that I'm wishing it was at least still before midnight so I could leave and find somewhere else!!

The lobby isn't too bad, standard really. But the moment we stepped into the lift, I got a bit of a bad feeling. But that's ok... Heaps of places have scary dodgy lifts, right? Well yes, but then you step out into the hall, and get a really bad feeling. It's like something out of a movie with the gross hotels where prostitutes frequent and people with hopeless lives live... Then we opened the door to our room and we were blasted with the stench of stale cigarette smoke, and a totally run down room. Words can't describe the horrible feeling you get in here. This place really should be knocked down, there is no saving it.

I've actually just looked back at other reviews and photos on here and had to laugh at how silly I have been... The photos of all the other rooms look the same as this one - crooked lamp shades, cracked tiles, cracked louvres and a pokey uncomfortable bed.

I've met two staff so far. Both have been hugely disinterested and unhelpful.

Don't make my mistake. There are so so many places to stay. This just isn't worth it!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Davenport, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

All I can say as I lay here with my clothes on is DO NOT STAY HERE ! Im from the bronx originally and have seen the worst of the worst but I was wrong . This is the worst ! No blower, tv remote, iron , OUTLET COVERS, TV RECEPTION ,

• Stayed April 2014
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

First the good: Location was GREAT! only a block from beautiful South Beach. And the outside was cute and looked like the photos if you didn't look too closely.

Now the bad: The lobby was very old and they handed us a brass key for our room, which puts me on safety alert right away. The attendant wasn't very friendly, probably from all the complaints she must receive. The elevator was small, but we've stayed in older hotels in Europe so I was hoping for "quaint". Nope.

And the ugly: The hall to the room had very dirty carpet and a long dark stain running the entire length. The room looked like something from a Hollywood ghetto movie. The tiles were cracked and dirty, the walls had been damaged and patched but not painted. The furniture looked like un-charming thrift store or dumpster diving finds. No remote to change the fuzzy channels on the old TV, no hair dryer and the "remodeled" bathroom was already falling apart. The faucet was very loose and the tile job was dangerous - slick wall tile on the shower floor. The towels smelled like cigarettes and and room smelled like someone had stayed in it before us and forgot to use deodorant. The double bed was lumpy and off kilter from the headboard mounted to the wall. We spent two nights here and survived but if you can afford to stay somewhere else, do it.

Room Tip: Judging from my experience and the others' reviews, don't choose any room in this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Graz, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had a 17 hours lay over in Miami three weeks ago and decided to book this hotel for the night. Well thank God it was only for a night, I wouldn't have stayed there longer even if they paid me. This is the most run-down place I have ever been to. The halls make you feel like you are wandering some abandoned building the owners had to leave at short notice, not to mention the more than questionable elevator. It's not getting any better once you enter your room, they're just run down and very very spartan. The beds were not clean so i slept on a sheet i brougt myself. The tab in the bathroom is loose and almost breaks when using it, also the AC could not be adjusted. I have to say one thing though: I read the horribble reviews before picking this hotel (since it was only for one night) so i really expected nothing and was still shocked by the state this hotel is in. If had to spend more than a night in Miami I wouldnt have even stayed there that one night. I can't recommend anybody to stay at this hotel especially not for 65€ a night. The only plus is is location but that's it. Never again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends