“How does this place even exist?” 1 of 5 stars

Berkley Shore Hotel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1610 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #17 of 20 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Graz, Austria
“How does this place even exist?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had a 17 hours lay over in Miami three weeks ago and decided to book this hotel for the night. Well thank God it was only for a night, I wouldn't have stayed there longer even if they paid me. This is the most run-down place I have ever been to. The halls make you feel like you are wandering some abandoned building the owners had to leave at short notice, not to mention the more than questionable elevator. It's not getting any better once you enter your room, they're just run down and very very spartan. The beds were not clean so i slept on a sheet i brougt myself. The tab in the bathroom is loose and almost breaks when using it, also the AC could not be adjusted. I have to say one thing though: I read the horribble reviews before picking this hotel (since it was only for one night) so i really expected nothing and was still shocked by the state this hotel is in. If had to spend more than a night in Miami I wouldnt have even stayed there that one night. I can't recommend anybody to stay at this hotel especially not for 65€ a night. The only plus is is location but that's it. Never again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I would absolutely not recommend this hotel to my dog with fleas. Horrible Horrible service. You can't control/turnoff/adjust the air. We froze all day and night. My husband had to go sleep in the car it was so cold. We had to hunt staff down to get clean towels, and when they gave them to us we got no wash cloth. The shower OMG when you see mold you need to run like hell. I don't care if its for 1 night do not stay there. This place is absolutely horrible! I can go on and on but like Mike the beast says. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Room Tip: There is no good room O_O
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This has to be the worst place I've ever stayed in. The price was ridiculous for the unsatisfactory service we recieved. $750 for 4 nights of freezing our butts off because the room stayed a constant 50 degrees with no way of controlling the air conditioning. The place is very run down, some of the room numbers are written on the door in a sharpie. The housekeeping services were horrid. The only time we got our room cleaned is when we had to hunt the staff down and make them do it. When we didn't hunt them down they just came in and threw some bars of soap in the sink and left. We had to change our own sheets and pillow cases and when we changed the pillow cases we never slept on the pillows again due to the amount of stains and filth of the pillows. The shower had mold everywhere. We had to ask for towels everyday from the front desk but if you didn't do it before 4pm you were out of luck. They need to demolish this place, hopefully the new hotel that is going up next to it will buy up the property and put a wrecking ball through it. Don't stay here, you have been warned...

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
HENDERSON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was booked into this Hotel by an new assistant. When I saw the name I thought it must be one of the newer boutique hotels on Collins and actually looked forward to getting there. I have stayed on Collins at least 8 times before and stayed at Royal Palms, Shore Club (2x) and Lowe's (4x). This is not so much a hotel but a hostel. When I first walked up to the counter the overwhelming smell of urine that was trying to be covered up by some sort of flower perfume. The first thing I did was try and book another room at one of the locations I had stayed previously nothing available for the night. I went to Lowe's across the street and stayed there working in the lobby until about 1:00 in the morning (they had a solid WiFi connection and it didn't smell. When I couldn't stay awake any longer I knew I would have to stay at least one night in this hostel. When I got on the elevator to go to my room on the 3rd floor the license in the elevator expired 09/30/2009 (I have pictures). When I exited the elevator it was easy to find my room because the room numbers were hand written with Sharpie on the doors. Got to my room (305) opened the door and behold my room, the chair that I guess was to used to sit at was ripped up, someone had stolen the battery from the smoke detector, the electrical outlets were open and empty, the patch work on my wall was something from rural Mexico, there was a hole in my bathroom but lucky for me it was stuffed with toilet paper. Being very tired I pulled the nasty 70's style bed cover from my bed to find out there are no blankets but there is a sheet wrapped around the mattress not bed cover and sheet just a sheet. So i took the towels out of my bathroom and covered the pillows and slept in my clothes. Checked out the next morning and checked into the Hyatt Regency more of a Hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel is destroyed, my room lack a window glass, and with 50º F outside I really freezed my self, and they never can stop the central air conditioned (Very noicy too). Later in the morning I discovered that I had no hot water, I asked for a room change but the hotel was full. The second day we discovered that the House keeping wasn't there and did not left clean towells and we can't get some until the next day and other things I don´t want to remember....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
New Milford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Miami by car all the way from Connecticut for two weeks without any hotels booked ahead. We were booking last minute hotels and spending there 1 or 2 nights. Our budget was around $100 per night... and for two weeks we've seen the best and the worst places for almost same price. Berkley Shore Hotel was our first place to stay and the worst one! Honestly, this place shouldn't be called HOTEL, hot even hostel... may be a shelter.... I cannot find right words to describe how bed it was.. I downloaded some pictures so whoever is thinking to book this place would think again. No hairdrier, no place to put laguage, no working outlet no even a trash can! I know people say you pay for location...but really, you can sleep on the beach! It would be more comfortable, enjoyable and its FREE! So we spend $80 per night there and after cruising throught 9 hotels in two weeks in south beach I am certain that $100 could buy you great renovated suite, even with ocean view, even on Christmas Eve! The only good thing I have to mention is that staff is friendly in Berkley Shore. They seems like very nice people, its just that they cannot help you with anything... Almost forgot about parking. It cost additional $10 per night... and its simply you park your car on the side of the hotel. But! They not responsible for anything if someting would happend there. Just so you know there are constraction that going on there... and a many construction trucks would pass your car every minute! We were lucky they didn't hit our car but it was covered with construction dust so bedly that we had to run to car wash right after our check out!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Berkley Shore Hotel? Share your experiences!