“For longer stay choose an other hotel!!” 2 of 5 stars

The Mimosa Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6525 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33141   |
Ranked #129 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Budapest, Hungary
“For longer stay choose an other hotel!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

My travel agent recommended this hotel for our entire stay in Miami Beach (5 nights) and thank God I did not listen to him and we stayed only 1 night before flying home. The room was run-down and extremly cold. The guy at the front desk was very nice and helpfull but this was the only positive of the hotel. Parking is expensive but you can park on the street much cheaper.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015

This hotel totally stages the very best photos for website. The best pics are where the staff works, not where paying individuals stay. Beach chairs were advertised on website as provided,but weren't. Staff didnt care. No TV the 3 nights we stayed there, they didn't care. They said cable was out in the entire area. We checked with two ne as rby hotels and they had cable. Carpet is nasty. Shower water smelled like rotten eggs. Don't stay hrre unless you can't afford othet accomodations. Their fitness facility was a treadmill hidden behind a curtain in the kitchen covered with plastic. Pros: close to beach, beautiful pool, that's it. Oh yeah, tons of stray cats looking for food and pool area smells of cat spray. Not kidding. Difficult to communicate with staff. They do not care about your legimate complaints. I am a country girl and don't expect perfect. Trust me this isnovacation get away.

Room Tip: Just don't do it. If they do a room rennovation and change the way they treat their customers,th...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2015

HORRIBLE hotel! Do not waste your money here.
It's like they do not care about guest service at all. They were treating us like we were staying there for free.

1. We called and confirmed that they are able to give us a double bed and were assured we have a double bed and when we arrive there they charged us $25 extra for the same.
2. The hotel was not handicap-able and we had considerable difficulty moving luggage.
3. We were woken up at 8 AM by construction work and our room walls were being drilled!

Room Tip: Please do yourself a favor and do not go here!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

HORRIBLE hotel! Do not waste your money here.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

I reserved this hotel for Art Basel Weekend. Unfortunately hotel infrastructure, is worst than a motel level, walls, carpets are very dirty and damage. Corridors carpet have so much stain and is all broken. Air condition inside the rooms are so old, is not even well installed, is funny how it looks on the wall.
Receptionist were very polite, they try to show me other rooms, for me to stay, but after I saw the corridors, it was not worth it.
Is funny that the front desk, is also the maintenance and the bar attendant.
For $20 more I was able to stay next door at Montecarlo Hotel which is a new Hotel with all amenities.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

To the Mimosa - I want this to have a better outcome. Please contact me or respond to this if you're serious about addressing customer service issues.

----

I booked a room for my sister through Orbitz over ArtBasel for 3 nights as her first vacation in over a year. I'm a former travel agent and I've never seen such terrible customer service.

Orbitz's cancellation policy is that you can cancel for free up until midnight the night before. My sister ended up staying with some friends who surprised her with an extra room at their hotel, so needed to cancel the Mimosa. I called early in the morning and the front desk agent said "the hotel is overbooked - call Orbitz later today and maybe they'll let you cancel if we give permission." I called Orbitz at 3:30 and they called the Mimosa. The agent said they would charge for the first night even though they were overbooked.

I called the hotel and spoke with the front desk agent, who denied they were overbooked and demanded we pay for the first night. When I asked to speak to a manager, she put me on hold. When she came back she said the manager was gone for the day - and that I could call back tomorrow, then she later said "the manager said you have to pay for the first night." Finally, I spoke with Alex, a manager.

Alex said that the hotel was infact overbooked, and that they would be turning away people. I said "since somebody else will be able to use my room tonight, will you please refund it?" He refused, and said "that's our problem" ... and GET THIS!!! He later said "we will leave your room empty for tonight and the people with no rooms will be turned away"

At this point, it was clear I would have to pay for the first night. I feel terrible for the people being turned away because this hotel refuses to cooperate with customers.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2014

Well situated Beach , clean , friendly , reasonable price , inexpensive parking and Bar & Cafe
Chairs on the Beach , Main Collins avenue free Trolley Bus to Bal Harbor shopping , retail and Restaurants all around

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Mimosa Hotel? Share your experiences!