Signed up for a trip advisor account just to be able to warn people. In short, if you are used to staying at a quality hotel, don’t stay here.
The photos are deceiving, as they don’t show the true state of the property and rooms. They have “band-aided” it for the time being while it appears all but 1 building of the 4 or 5 buildings are being “gutted”. There is literally a chain link wire fence surrounding the property. Approaching it, you would think it is closed. What is left is similar to old the roadside motel. The last building they are booking rooms for IS NOT YET RENOVATED, only has the colorful furniture, walls, and brown flooring.
No pool or courtyard as displayed in the photos (this is gone and inside the construction area). The furniture shown in photos is the same, but it is the structure itself that made this place undesirable.
NEGATIVES: missing glass in windows (only outside glass louvered slats were there, but the inside solid glass was gone, making for a and loud room); very loud air conditioner unit (I’m sure they are waiting to gut this building too); construction began at 8 or 8:30 in the morning, (in the building next door); seems like the people working here even hate it. Not that they were unfriendly, just that they acted like they couldn’t wait to leave.
POSITIVE: Comfortable bed and pillows. Clean sheets and towels. Free continental breakfast if included in your rate.
Booked this hotel through Hotels.com at a discounted rate, because we flew into MIA late afternoon, and wanted to see this area of South Beach prior to our "nicer" beachfront hotel in the 17th/Collins Avenue area. Honestly wished we had went ahead and checked into our nice hotel after all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our boutique hotel in Miami Beach is designed as an oasis for travelers who desire an escape from the common hotel, yet still value traditional services and hospitality. With a fresh, innovative appearance, well-appointed rooms and a casually-sophisticated atmosphere, our South Beach hotel can transform your trip into a time of inspiration and renewal. Vacationers looking for lodging in South Beach can appreciate our hotel's ideal location within walking distance of the beach, the Bass Museum, beautiful Art Deco homes and Ocean Drive's many famous attractions. Upscale fashion boutiques are at your fingertips when you stay here, with the Lincoln Road Mall and Collins Avenue shopping district less than a mile from the hotel. Our Miami Beach accommodations also offer quick access to the Port of Miami, where cruise ships dock for boarding. For the very best in Miami Beach accommodations, choose the The Garden Hotel South Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Garden Hotel South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Aire South Beach Miami
- Bel Aire South Beach Hotel