“Beyond the best customer service experience I have had by a young lady names Raquel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Garden Hotel South Beach

You added The Garden Hotel South Beach to your Saves list
The Garden Hotel South Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1050 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139-5018 (Formerly Wyndham Garden Hotel Miami South Beach)   |
Ranked #115 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I tried to check in and was told that my reservation was not in the system. Being that it was my birthday, that I was up all night, just set food off the longest flight ever, I was not very amused. Things could have only gotten worse but I was in luck, I was helped by a young lady named Raquel. To start off with she was on the phone for an hour and thirty minuets with place I made my reservations with, when they couldn't help me, she quickly came to my rescue and offered me a plan that worked with my travel schedule and budget that I had allocated to my trip. No about the hotel. Its in a perfect location, the employees are very nice and helpful, it is clean, the rooms and bathroom are modern. I cant strop telling my family and friends how staying here made my experience of visiting MIA great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed here this past week; loved the location, not too far south or north, just right; 2 blocks from beach; in the art deco area (11th & Washington), which we love with lots of diversified culture around a variety of people, restaurants, bars, shopping, etc., both high end and low end (but if you prefer a sterile "suburb" type hotel/area with everyone the same, and not a lot of places to walk too, go further north Ocean drive to around 21st street and higher); no restaurant however on site (closed during construction), just continental breakfast available ("free" with our $97/night rate), it was good; we stayed in the Davis building, 1 of 2 open out of 4 total; 2 other buildings are closed/under renovation; pool is also closed (but go to the beach! You're in Miami!); safe secured card access building; the room was nice, colorful and stylish and clean (but not super fancy, 3 of 5 stars), great comfortable bed, A/C is a little noisy and we heard construction noise starting at 8am, even on Sunday. But the price was right and location was important to us. No safe in room (which I knew about but I prefer to use/have), but we survived. No fridge/mini bar in our King bed room with separate sitting/living area. Vending machines available. Did not use/look for ice/machine. There is window Black out shades, which are great. Staff were friendly and common areas were clean, but a little too much Febreeze smell in hallway. Bring ear plugs if you prefer near quiet sleeping; we did as AC is noisy. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side (away from Washington st.) are quieter; our corner room had a small separate...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I got this room on Priceline for an amazing deal. Through their EXPRESS option so no bidding required. It was a HUGGGEEEE suite, not just a room. I don't know if it was because I wanted a fridge which is $10 extra and they just figured they would put me in a room that already had one, or whether that was the normal size.
The other great part was location. 2 blocks from the beach, in the exact middle of the main area of south beach.
I gave it 5 stars because of value. It was a steal.
Other downsides, no pool. Parking not ideal but self park with metering 25 yards away.
The construction visually was not bad. Noise I think is only during the week. I heard a few chain saws, but wasn't too bad. I wasn't there for the hotel, but needed a place in S Beach, so I was happy.

Room Tip: Consider asking for the $10/night fridge. We ended up in a HUGE suite for a fraction of the price of...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ingleside, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was a decent hotel to stay at. I booked it back in January 2013 when it was still under the Wyndham brand so I got a really good discount through my college alumni and booked a Junior Suite. Then the Wyndham name and brand were dropped but luckily still kept my discount. So I ended up staying here after the Backstreet Boys cruise last month. Unfortunately the hotel was under construction and the pool was out of commission. I wasn't sure where to check-in at first but managed to find the entrance, which was in their restaurant. I arrived too early but I was able to leave my luggage in storage and so my friends and I went to the beach nearby. The location of this hotel is perfect. Just 2 blocks from the beach, my favorite diner was just across the street, which has the best orange juice, and is along a street filled with many shops. But once we got back to check-in, it was a very disappointing. The part of the hotel we stayed at had no elevator and we had to carry our luggage up the stairs all by ourselves. No one offered to help us. Luckily the hotel is only 2 stories with 1 flight of stairs. Normally I avoid these types of hotels and research if a hotel has an elevator or not beforehand but I completely forgot to do that this time around. At least the room made up for it. It was so spacious and beautiful. Had 2 beds and 1 sofa bed. There was 5 of us in the room but 2 of my friends left the same day so only 3 of us stayed overnight. The bathroom was also very big and I was surprised to see a mini sewing kit in the bathroom. That was so neat. The beds were comfy and there was a nice desk with a swivel chair. All 5 of us loved the room. I also liked the decorations out in front of the hotel, especially the metal flamingo and hammock.The hotel also has free WiFi but it kept losing the connection a lot, which was very annoying. Sometimes had to go to the restaurant/lobby to get a stronger connection but even that didn't work all the time.

When we checked out, someone was there to carry our luggage down the stairs at least but I would have preferred it when checking in. Checking out was normal and was able to flag a cab down right in front of the hotel. You can catch a cab anytime anywhere in SoBe.

As for the construction, it's only noisy during the day. At night it was quiet. So if you are looking for a good hotel with a spacious room, I would recommend this hotel. But if you want a hotel with an elevator, then avoid this one unless you don't mind walking up 1 flight of stairs. But beside the hotel I stayed in, there is another building, which is the one under construction. That building is taller and I think it was the main hotel in the past. So my theory is that once the construction is complete, that building might have an elevator.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Gresham, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We just stayed here one night as a stopping point after a long flight and headed to the Keys. The hotel is clean, the rooms are nice, very clean but pretty small. If you book through Expedia (and probably some other sites) a fruit platter and muffin is included in you stay for breakfast, otherwise it's a simple continental, cereal, toast ect.. Parking is an extra $37 if you have the hotel park your car. this time of year there was plenty of street parking and a lot right next store you can park at for about $20. Restaurants and Bakerys abound within in 1/2-2 blocks. I would stay here again. Price was excellent (even with parking) and location is easy access from the Airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ormond Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The rooms are clean and the location is nice but I would never stay again. They pretend it's a resort and it is not ! No pool everything is very old. Staff is awful and the valet parking that you pay 36$ a night for is the worst I've encountered. Fist day it took 45 minutes to get our car and the second day an hour. No others were waiting ??? The staff hardly spoke any English they were the worst hospitality staff I've seen

• Stayed November 2013
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

South Beach can be expensive and this was the lowest price at $89 per night. It is still under construction and that woke us up early which we were not happy about. It is located right in the middle of everything and is a short walk to the beach, bars, restaurants, etc. You can use their valet for $32 per night or park in a garage two blocks away for $20 per 24 hours so that adds to the cost. Street parking is $1.75 per hour, but I don't think you can leave the car overnight. Check in was quick and easy and they even upgraded us to a suit for free.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Garden Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!