A bit apprehensive to book into The Garden Hotel especially after reading the older reviewers on Trip Adviser, but I noticed that some of the reviews improved as we got closer to my trip date which was May 9-12, 2013. I checked into the Main building Room 221 upon check in I asked if there was any upgrades available, the gentleman was extremely nice, and while no upgrades were available he offered a larger room overlooking the pool and Washington Avenue. The room was large, very deco style with bright colors, comfortable king size bed, plenty of bed sheets and towels, and one side of the wall was painted with large tropical palm tree - Welcome to Miami ! My only complaints was the water levels at times was hard to get cold water at the sink (I solved this by closing and opening/timing it), and also not sure if there was another room or what above me but there was a large thumping sound literally all night, I heard no noise to the adjoining rooms to the side of my room. The shower was fine, no dirt at all - in fact I found the room to be clean and smelling great. There is plenty of noise if you are on the Washington Ave side (city hall, police and fire department very close by) so if street noise bothers you definitely want to request a room away from Washington avenue. Also the Main building may be the best from other reviews I have read upon check in ask if there is a room available in the same main building. There are several other buildings part of the hotel spread out among the hotel property. One review I read mentioned there was no elevator - again this may be building specific as the main building did have a working (a bit slow) elevator that me and my partner used daily. If you are thinking of renting a car (unless you are headed out of Miami beach) you have everything around you. The beach is 2 blocks away, and food from Burger King, to pizza joints on every other corner, to Mexican food, and even Lincoln road for some shopping is only about 6 blocks away. There is a great 11st dinner right across the street - a bit pricey, but then again nothing in South Beach is cheap. The pool to the hotel was small, but I saw most of the guest enjoying it, and the hotel provides beach towels just make sure you return them back if not there is a fee. Overall the Garden Hotel gave me much more than I expected, thank you to the great and friendly staff and I cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our boutique hotel in Miami Beach is designed as an oasis for travelers who desire an escape from the common hotel, yet still value traditional services and hospitality. With a fresh, innovative appearance, well-appointed rooms and a casually-sophisticated atmosphere, our South Beach hotel can transform your trip into a time of inspiration and renewal. Vacationers looking for lodging in South Beach can appreciate our hotel's ideal location within walking distance of the beach, the Bass Museum, beautiful Art Deco homes and Ocean Drive's many famous attractions. Upscale fashion boutiques are at your fingertips when you stay here, with the Lincoln Road Mall and Collins Avenue shopping district less than a mile from the hotel. Our Miami Beach accommodations also offer quick access to the Port of Miami, where cruise ships dock for boarding. For the very best in Miami Beach accommodations, choose the The Garden Hotel South Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your The Garden Hotel South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Aire South Beach Miami
- Bel Aire South Beach Hotel