The Garden bills itself as 'Miami's newest boutique hotel'. If that is the case, I am calling my old Land Rover 'Britain's newest Range Rover'. The result will be the same. I will still be driving an old Land Rover and the Garden will still be a crap hotel.
A boutique hotel takes on the big boys by offering excellent service, style and service. Sadly, The Garden fails on all three.
Nice facade in a Miami art deco mode, and they have slapped some lime green paint around the place but the public areas are grubby and I killed a two inch roach in our room. See the pic.
When I took the roach to the front desk the manager swiped it into a bin then vanished into his office. Ten minutes later he emerged and said he would have our room fumigated. I told him it was midnight so he could do it in the morning and clean the detritus under the bed where the roach had made his home. He went back into his office without a word.
There is no parking and the parking place they direct you to costs $40 a day.
When we booked in I asked if we could swap to a room with a refrigerator and was told there were only two rooms on the property with a fridge. With the temp outside at 80+. None of the rooms have a safe. Our room had a TV. It was stuck on CNN. When I phoned down a nice chap turned up and said he had fixed the TV. In fact he had moved it from CNN to a kids cartoon program where it stayed for the remainder of our stay.
The owners of this dive have two ways to go.
1) Book into a proper boutique hotel and see how it is done.
2) Keep on raking in the cash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our boutique hotel in Miami Beach is designed as an oasis for travelers who desire an escape from the common hotel, yet still value traditional services and hospitality. With a fresh, innovative appearance, well-appointed rooms and a casually-sophisticated atmosphere, our South Beach hotel can transform your trip into a time of inspiration and renewal. Vacationers looking for lodging in South Beach can appreciate our hotel's ideal location within walking distance of the beach, the Bass Museum, beautiful Art Deco homes and Ocean Drive's many famous attractions. Upscale fashion boutiques are at your fingertips when you stay here, with the Lincoln Road Mall and Collins Avenue shopping district less than a mile from the hotel. Our Miami Beach accommodations also offer quick access to the Port of Miami, where cruise ships dock for boarding. For the very best in Miami Beach accommodations, choose the The Garden Hotel South Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Garden Hotel South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Aire South Beach Miami
- Bel Aire South Beach Hotel