“Second Time/ One Month of Pure Bliss” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Midweek Breather
Ranked #8 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Second Time/ One Month of Pure Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

My husband and I just stayed at Canyon Ranch Miami for the entire month of November, we had just sold our business and we were feeling tired, out of shape and in need of a jump start back to health and happiness. Well we got it and more! We cannot thank the staff there enough. The lectures were fabulous, thank you Brad, Karen, Yoav, etc. The trainers are the best, Carl-I hear you every day say "if it ain't pretty, you aren't doing it right. I want to send a special thank you to Suzy-who's caring attitude, and interesting work outs-really won my heart! Having been an Inn Keeper, we are pretty picky and we can not say enough good things about the staff and their helpfulness. Oh-also a big thank you to the beach guys...you are fast, polite and efficient. Canyon Ranch-please put padded lounge covers down by the pool that serves food, last year it was much more comfortable...Okay, have a great winter season. We will be back...The Millers

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 15, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and allowing our team members to be your inspiration and motivation. Your story is energizing us to be the best we can be and continue to bring alive the Canyon Ranch mission: Canyon Ranch aims to inspire people to make a commitment to healthy living, turning hopes and intentions into the highest enjoyment of life.
I greatly appreciate your feedback on our pool operations and we will work to improve that experience as well. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Matthias Kammerer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010 via mobile

Didn't know what to expect, but had previously stayed at the Tuscon so my expectations were high. Needless to say all my expectatiOns were exceeded exponentially. Aside from a few hiccups with a manager Andrea (unprofessional).I still give customer service a 5 if not 6 because of a very polite FDA named Wes made our trip memorable :) I will definitely be re-visiting this property as soon as I can . Thank you so much again for all the joyfilled moments

• Stayed November 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. We are proud to have met your high expectations and apologize for the hiccups. Your feedback will allow us to focus on the customer service shortfalls and work with the team members on improving their communication and resolution skills. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Recently stayed at Canyon Ranch for 4 nights with family and we will be coming back next year!

ROOMS:
We were upgraded to an ocean view room. It was a beautiful suite style with separate living room/kitchenette set-up and impeccably clean. The room was modern and had that spa-like tranquil yet cozy vibe. The beds were extremely comfortable and the bathrooms were large with both a spa shower and sunken in bath.
FOOD:
We only left the hotel property once to for dinner. The food was delicious and we thoroughly enjoyed breakfast and dinner each day. Since it can get a little pricey, we took advantage of the kitchen in our room for lunch. The two things I enjoyed most was the "healthy elvis" banana peanut butter on artisanal bread for breakfast and the $35 pre-fixe with wine deal at dinner. Servers were all courteous and knowledgeable sans the last night where I think they have been a bit short staffed.
THE SPA
The treatment was expensive but probably the best massage I have ever had. Well worth the money to treat yourself. The Aquavana spa that can be used by everyone was fantastic. Loved all the different heated rooms and the warm lounges you can read a book on after a cool rain-shower.
THE CLASSES
We fully took advantage of the classes since they are part of the package. There are about 3-5 different classes offered each hour. There was so much to choose from. Our group ranged from the super fit to the poolside snackers and everyone found classes they loved. The trainer who taught the aqua/H20 classes was our favorite. Second favorite were the boxing circuits- quite the workout!
THE GROUNDS
They are still doing a bit of work to the grounds but it is pretty much complete. Most of the work we encountered was around the outside studio by one of the residency towers. There were 3 pools so there was always a place to layout in the sun. The beach attendant was accommodating and so were the servers and pool attendants by the cabanas.

Mostly it was all together a very friendly warm vibe throughout the whole trip between the people that worked there, the trainers and fellow guests that made this trip a memorable one.

• Stayed November 2010
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you and your friends enjoyed the recent stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the landscaping improvements that took place during your visit. The work is completed and has added tremendously to the serenity and relaxing atmosphere of our hotel & spa. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010 via mobile

We took out mother for her seveny fifth birthday. Rooms were beautiful. Grounds were tranquil. However, we were traveling with young teenagers and over the phone we we're told there were gong to be many kids their age and plenty to do. They were wrong on both counts.

• Stayed September 2010
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 10, 2010
Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear that you chose our hotel & spa to celebrate your mother’s birthday and that you brought the entire family along.
While we do provide limited family and youth programming, we are an adult oriented facility. I apologize for any miscommunication that may have created a different view.
We are working on expanding family, youth and kids’ programing that allows us to share the Canyon Ranch philosophy with our younger guests. I hope your teenagers still had a great time with us.
A belated “Happy Birthday” to your mother and thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I went to the Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa after what was possibly the most stressful month of my life. I can honestly say the four days I spent there were the best of my life. This hotel/spa knows how to help you RELAX. I had four spa services - from the basic (swedish massage and simple facial) to the luxurious (deep sea mud treatment and muscle melt massage) and EVERY treatment was amazing and better then the last. The treatments were not inexpensive, but worth every penny. I felt that my therapists were truly the best in the business and that the equipment and techniques were cutting edge.

I also cannot say enough about Aquavana. I literally could not stop showering!! (If you haven't been there to experience the tropical rainforest shower yet, you don't know what I am talking about - but you will...) Aquavana is like a spa water park that you never want to leave. It cannot be described, only experienced.

The fact that the classes at Canyon Ranch are included in the price of the stay are a total bonus. We took full advantage and enjoyed meditation, yoga, rock climbing, lectures, water aerobics, etc - and the instructors and content were ALL top notch.

The rooms at Canyon Ranch were clean, comfortable, modern, and the beds - OH THE BEDS. I haven't slept so well in MONTHS!!

The food at the hotel was absolutely awesome as well. All of the nutritional content is displayed (calories, fat, carbs, etc.) so you know what you are getting every time you order - and EVERY THING I ordered was delicious. I had the Spa dinner every night in the main restaurant and had lunch at the Cabana pool side most of the time for lunch. Who knew eating healthy/organic could be so delicious!

The only drawback to Canyon Ranch would be these two things. One, their computer systems are terrible. Every time you try to have someone confirm an appointment or reservation or look something up for you, their computer is locked up or running slow. Half the time they can't even print you out a receipt. They say they will "Call you back to confirm later" and then they don't. For a spa/hotel this high-tech, this is just unacceptable.
Second, although their course instructors, therapists, and waiters are AWESOME, their front-line staff need a lot of training. They cannot answer simple questions and they never offer secondary options. For instance, if the spa is completely booked they don't offer to call you if there is a cancellation. OR I went to the spa to try to book an appointment and iI was told it was completely booked, but then I asked "what about for hotel guests?" and then I found out they had availability. Had I not asked, I would not have gotten an appointment that day. And that's the whole reason I was there - to spend money in their spa to RELAX AND DE-STRESS. And when I called later to confirm the appointment - they couldn't unlock the computer and told me they would call me back, which of course they never did. And this pretty much happened every day.

GREAT hotel, GREAT services, GREAT food, Great facility - front line staff & computers need work.

Thanks for an amazing weekend!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 24, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to read that you were able to relax and de-stress while exploring everything that Canyon Ranch has to offer. I am also very appreciative of your frank comments on our front line staff and slow computer systems. We can and will do better in both of those areas. All of us at Canyon Ranch Miami Beach are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerely

Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

This relatively new resort was extraordinary in everything! The staff was helpful, the rooms are beautiful and the facilities wonderful. Each day there was a calendar of events in the room, listing all the classes occurring that day. The decor of our two bedroom suite, which included a kitchenette was a fusion of earth and ocean, with high end appliances, beautiful wood finishes and very organic in feel. The living room was comfortable and well light. I was able to upload our photos each night onto the television monitor and watch a slide show of our days events. There are two pools to choose from, one by the beach and the other on a roof top that has plenty of afternoon sun.
The staff were attentive but not overwhelming and if they could not help you, were able to get someone who could. We ate at the facilities a couple of times and love our meals; whether it be a snack or dinner. I would certainly go back again, and highly recommend it. I traveled with children and they had a wonderful time. They loved both pools, didn't have a concern ordering from the menus, and enjoyed their time at Canyon Ranch.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 25, 2010
Dear Guest,

First, my apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel & wellness spa. I am particularly pleased to read that your children also enjoyed their stay. We are continuously reviewing our family and kids programming in order to provide exciting, fun and educational activities for all ages. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming your whole family back soon.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

My mom and I just returned from - the only way I can describe it - an enchanting stay at Canyon Ranch Miami. From the minute we arrived, we felt relaxed. The staff is beyond courteous - from the front desk staff, to the spa staff to the restaurant staff. Everyone was friendly and super helpful. Our room was a one bedroom suite and it was just amazing. We participated in several classes each day. We took a core conditioning class with an instructor Lois who was fabulous, and she made sure we were sore the next day! We ate breakfast and dinner at the Canyon Ranch Grille each day and lunch at the Cabana restaurant by the pool. Everything was delicious! Breakfast was either whole wheat pancakes or french toast with a side of their super yummy veal bacon. My favorite lunch was the fish tostada and dinner started with a wonderful poblano pepper appetizer (which I found the recipe on their website - so excited!) followed by an entree of sea bass or beef tenderloin - concluding with warm chocolate cake, and of course a glass of organic wine. All menu items have the nutritional information so you know what you are eating. In between the classes we would lounge poolside in the super comfy lounge chairs. The beautiful breeze made the Miami heat completely bearable. It was just gorgeous! We also squeezed in an hour a day in the Aquavana room which is simply heaven! Between the steamy finnish sauna and the 45 degree igloo room, I felt invigorated! I also had a facial which was probably one of the best facials I have ever had. Over the 3 days I was there, I lost 5 lbs. I feel so inspired now that I am home to continue eating right and exercising. I am already planning my next stay in Miami and I'm booking a visit to the Lenox location this winter. CANYON RANCH MIAMI IS THE MOST AMAZING PLACE!

• Stayed June 2010
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 4, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am please to know that you and your mom enjoyed the stay with us. My team (Lois in particular) and I are looking forward to welcoming you and your mom back, hopefully in the near future. In the meantime, enjoy your experience at Canyon Ranch Lenox.

Matthias Kammerer

Been to Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach? Share your experiences!