I went to the Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa after what was possibly the most stressful month of my life. I can honestly say the four days I spent there were the best of my life. This hotel/spa knows how to help you RELAX. I had four spa services - from the basic (swedish massage and simple facial) to the luxurious (deep sea mud treatment and muscle melt massage) and EVERY treatment was amazing and better then the last. The treatments were not inexpensive, but worth every penny. I felt that my therapists were truly the best in the business and that the equipment and techniques were cutting edge.
I also cannot say enough about Aquavana. I literally could not stop showering!! (If you haven't been there to experience the tropical rainforest shower yet, you don't know what I am talking about - but you will...) Aquavana is like a spa water park that you never want to leave. It cannot be described, only experienced.
The fact that the classes at Canyon Ranch are included in the price of the stay are a total bonus. We took full advantage and enjoyed meditation, yoga, rock climbing, lectures, water aerobics, etc - and the instructors and content were ALL top notch.
The rooms at Canyon Ranch were clean, comfortable, modern, and the beds - OH THE BEDS. I haven't slept so well in MONTHS!!
The food at the hotel was absolutely awesome as well. All of the nutritional content is displayed (calories, fat, carbs, etc.) so you know what you are getting every time you order - and EVERY THING I ordered was delicious. I had the Spa dinner every night in the main restaurant and had lunch at the Cabana pool side most of the time for lunch. Who knew eating healthy/organic could be so delicious!
The only drawback to Canyon Ranch would be these two things. One, their computer systems are terrible. Every time you try to have someone confirm an appointment or reservation or look something up for you, their computer is locked up or running slow. Half the time they can't even print you out a receipt. They say they will "Call you back to confirm later" and then they don't. For a spa/hotel this high-tech, this is just unacceptable.
Second, although their course instructors, therapists, and waiters are AWESOME, their front-line staff need a lot of training. They cannot answer simple questions and they never offer secondary options. For instance, if the spa is completely booked they don't offer to call you if there is a cancellation. OR I went to the spa to try to book an appointment and iI was told it was completely booked, but then I asked "what about for hotel guests?" and then I found out they had availability. Had I not asked, I would not have gotten an appointment that day. And that's the whole reason I was there - to spend money in their spa to RELAX AND DE-STRESS. And when I called later to confirm the appointment - they couldn't unlock the computer and told me they would call me back, which of course they never did. And this pretty much happened every day.
GREAT hotel, GREAT services, GREAT food, Great facility - front line staff & computers need work.
Thanks for an amazing weekend!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first of its kind, this spectacular Miami Beach boutique hotel combines the flexibility of a la carte hotel services with many of the limitless healthy choices of acclaimed Canyon Ranch health resorts. A feast for your senses, Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach offers inspiring healthy living opportunities in a stunning luxury hotel setting – plus easy access to everything an exciting city has to offer. Housed in the modernized and restored Carillon Hotel – a classic of Miami Modern architecture – Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach will enchant you with its exquisite design and matchless views. Situated on more than 750 linear feet of uncrowded white beach, Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa is convenient to both Bal Harbour and South Beach. This all-suite hotel just 30 minutes from Miami International Airport is an oasis of tranquility, warmth and healthy living in one of the world’s most vibrant cities. In a serene atmosphere of casual elegance, you can relax in your spacious, luxuriously appointed suite, float in a sparkling pool, savor healthy gourmet cuisine and organic wines and spirits at award-winning Canyon Ranch Grill™, work out in the largest and most beautifully appointed Spa in South Florida, and discover unsurpassed Canyon Ranch spa, fitness and health and wellness services. With its beautiful beach and menu of activities for parents and children, this splendid oceanfront hotel also offers a taste of the Canyon Ranch healthy living experience for families. From morning walks on the beach and the thrill of our two-story indoor rock-climbing wall to integrative health experts to advise and inspire you, you’ll find endless ways to reawaken your spirit and refresh your soul at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, our Miami Beach boutique hotel offers an abundance of choices. In this magnificent oceanfront setting, kick back and relax, get outside and play, or explore our holistic approach to health and wellness with top experts to guide you. You can also take advantage of the legendary Canyon Ranch signature spa services that are conveniently offered a la carte to fit your schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LHW, Venere, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon Ranch Hotel And Spa Miami Beach
- Canyon Hotel Miami Beach
- Canyon Resort Miami Beach