“Disneyland for Women - the HAPPIEST place on earth” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
One More Night
Ranked #11 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Cleveland, Ohio
“Disneyland for Women - the HAPPIEST place on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I went to the Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa after what was possibly the most stressful month of my life. I can honestly say the four days I spent there were the best of my life. This hotel/spa knows how to help you RELAX. I had four spa services - from the basic (swedish massage and simple facial) to the luxurious (deep sea mud treatment and muscle melt massage) and EVERY treatment was amazing and better then the last. The treatments were not inexpensive, but worth every penny. I felt that my therapists were truly the best in the business and that the equipment and techniques were cutting edge.

I also cannot say enough about Aquavana. I literally could not stop showering!! (If you haven't been there to experience the tropical rainforest shower yet, you don't know what I am talking about - but you will...) Aquavana is like a spa water park that you never want to leave. It cannot be described, only experienced.

The fact that the classes at Canyon Ranch are included in the price of the stay are a total bonus. We took full advantage and enjoyed meditation, yoga, rock climbing, lectures, water aerobics, etc - and the instructors and content were ALL top notch.

The rooms at Canyon Ranch were clean, comfortable, modern, and the beds - OH THE BEDS. I haven't slept so well in MONTHS!!

The food at the hotel was absolutely awesome as well. All of the nutritional content is displayed (calories, fat, carbs, etc.) so you know what you are getting every time you order - and EVERY THING I ordered was delicious. I had the Spa dinner every night in the main restaurant and had lunch at the Cabana pool side most of the time for lunch. Who knew eating healthy/organic could be so delicious!

The only drawback to Canyon Ranch would be these two things. One, their computer systems are terrible. Every time you try to have someone confirm an appointment or reservation or look something up for you, their computer is locked up or running slow. Half the time they can't even print you out a receipt. They say they will "Call you back to confirm later" and then they don't. For a spa/hotel this high-tech, this is just unacceptable.
Second, although their course instructors, therapists, and waiters are AWESOME, their front-line staff need a lot of training. They cannot answer simple questions and they never offer secondary options. For instance, if the spa is completely booked they don't offer to call you if there is a cancellation. OR I went to the spa to try to book an appointment and iI was told it was completely booked, but then I asked "what about for hotel guests?" and then I found out they had availability. Had I not asked, I would not have gotten an appointment that day. And that's the whole reason I was there - to spend money in their spa to RELAX AND DE-STRESS. And when I called later to confirm the appointment - they couldn't unlock the computer and told me they would call me back, which of course they never did. And this pretty much happened every day.

GREAT hotel, GREAT services, GREAT food, Great facility - front line staff & computers need work.

Thanks for an amazing weekend!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 24, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to read that you were able to relax and de-stress while exploring everything that Canyon Ranch has to offer. I am also very appreciative of your frank comments on our front line staff and slow computer systems. We can and will do better in both of those areas. All of us at Canyon Ranch Miami Beach are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerely

510 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

This relatively new resort was extraordinary in everything! The staff was helpful, the rooms are beautiful and the facilities wonderful. Each day there was a calendar of events in the room, listing all the classes occurring that day. The decor of our two bedroom suite, which included a kitchenette was a fusion of earth and ocean, with high end appliances, beautiful wood finishes and very organic in feel. The living room was comfortable and well light. I was able to upload our photos each night onto the television monitor and watch a slide show of our days events. There are two pools to choose from, one by the beach and the other on a roof top that has plenty of afternoon sun.
The staff were attentive but not overwhelming and if they could not help you, were able to get someone who could. We ate at the facilities a couple of times and love our meals; whether it be a snack or dinner. I would certainly go back again, and highly recommend it. I traveled with children and they had a wonderful time. They loved both pools, didn't have a concern ordering from the menus, and enjoyed their time at Canyon Ranch.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 25, 2010
Dear Guest,

First, my apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel & wellness spa. I am particularly pleased to read that your children also enjoyed their stay. We are continuously reviewing our family and kids programming in order to provide exciting, fun and educational activities for all ages. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming your whole family back soon.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

My mom and I just returned from - the only way I can describe it - an enchanting stay at Canyon Ranch Miami. From the minute we arrived, we felt relaxed. The staff is beyond courteous - from the front desk staff, to the spa staff to the restaurant staff. Everyone was friendly and super helpful. Our room was a one bedroom suite and it was just amazing. We participated in several classes each day. We took a core conditioning class with an instructor Lois who was fabulous, and she made sure we were sore the next day! We ate breakfast and dinner at the Canyon Ranch Grille each day and lunch at the Cabana restaurant by the pool. Everything was delicious! Breakfast was either whole wheat pancakes or french toast with a side of their super yummy veal bacon. My favorite lunch was the fish tostada and dinner started with a wonderful poblano pepper appetizer (which I found the recipe on their website - so excited!) followed by an entree of sea bass or beef tenderloin - concluding with warm chocolate cake, and of course a glass of organic wine. All menu items have the nutritional information so you know what you are eating. In between the classes we would lounge poolside in the super comfy lounge chairs. The beautiful breeze made the Miami heat completely bearable. It was just gorgeous! We also squeezed in an hour a day in the Aquavana room which is simply heaven! Between the steamy finnish sauna and the 45 degree igloo room, I felt invigorated! I also had a facial which was probably one of the best facials I have ever had. Over the 3 days I was there, I lost 5 lbs. I feel so inspired now that I am home to continue eating right and exercising. I am already planning my next stay in Miami and I'm booking a visit to the Lenox location this winter. CANYON RANCH MIAMI IS THE MOST AMAZING PLACE!

• Stayed June 2010
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 4, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am please to know that you and your mom enjoyed the stay with us. My team (Lois in particular) and I are looking forward to welcoming you and your mom back, hopefully in the near future. In the meantime, enjoy your experience at Canyon Ranch Lenox.

Ft. Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

This property is amazing. From the moment you check in they treat you with the best personalized service I've seen Anywhere in Miami Beach. The room I had was a one-bedroom suite which was overlooking the street and not the ocean, but honestly, that was no big deal because most of the time was spent enjoying the property. The pools are excellent, relaxing enough for the adults, and enjoyable for the children. The service between the pool and beach attendants were great as well. The restaurant staff was awesome. They ensured everything was perfect and the food was great. As for the spa and fitness classes, there is no better option then Canyon Ranch!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

If you into well-being, outdoor walking on the long paved boardwalk alongside the beach and strenuous yoga classes taught by gifted instructors---with single purpose to improve your health and well being, then this is the place.

The nightlife is non-existent so don't expect a cocktail hour, no traffic, no babies crying, and few fat bodies lounging by the pool. Food is disappointing and the coffee is terrible but the SPA is simply the best the world.

We love to wake up in the morning, walk a few miles along the beach, eat a low-fat diet breakfast (with the local MD), and luncheon at the cafe, participate in yoga classes and exercise....spend the afternoon at Bal Harbour at some of the finest shops, and return for a late afternoon stretch class.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are excited to hear that we were able to support your goal of improving health and well being and that you took advantage of the many classes we offer, all taught by very passionate and gifted instructors. I also apologize that our coffee did not meet your expectations. We aim to offer a variety of organic selections with the goal of pleasing every palette. All beans in our proprietary blends are Arabica, the highest quality and most flavorful bean available. Nearly all of the beans come from high altitude, shade grown coffee trees. I truly hope you will be able to visit with us again and I would be more than happy to buy you a cup of coffee, at a location of your choice.

New York, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We imagined it would be nice to have a bit of R&R with lots of exercise, sun and high end service and luxurious vibe for the first weekend of the new year. We should have left ourselves imagining instead of the reality! There was a complete disregard for service, particularly in the food and beverage component of the hotel. Severely understaffed. Every single time we ordered a meal, it was an ordeal that took 3 times as long to order and arrive. Each time, we did not get an order in 20 or 30 minutes from seating, and 45 minutes to an hour for food to arrive after this. Each time, we thought it was isolated and it couldn't possibly be this bad. Well observing the other disgruntled guests and residents after a few days, I suppose it was not so isolated. Combine all this with the pretentious attitude of the other guests and it was more like torture then R&R. The only saving grace were fitness and wellness classes. It would 7 pm and our room had not been cleaned once. Our $200 massages felt like we were training with amateurs who had not graduated from massage school yet. Perhaps this being an Lehman legacy asset had something to do with the operational nightmare? Hopefully, things have changed for Canyon Ranch's namesake which is generally fantastic.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I apologize for not meeting your expectations. The slow service occurred during a very busy season and while there is no excuse for it, the past 5 months allowed us to make significant improvements in all of our F&B operations. We have made complete changes to the food & beverage management team, revised menu and service concepts and stepped up our overall training efforts. In addition, the total commitment and support by Lehman Holdings allowed for additional training in all departments as well as staffing levels to match the business volume. The combined efforts are ensuring that the Canyon Ranch legacy is alive and well in Miami Beach. I am looking forward to welcoming you back and have you experience the difference.

South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel BUT someone needs to clue in the management as to how to treat guests who are paying these kinds of prices. The review that said every request was met with, "No" first was spot on. We were given a brochure for spa services that included prices. After being over charged for salon services and pointing this out, we were told the prices in the brochur were the future, lower prices. The staff did not offer to honor the published prices and acted as if it was ridiculous that we even asked. I understand why they automatically add 18% gratuity because the level of service would not warant an 18% tip. Another odd and disapointing incident was that upon arrival at about 4pm and being excited to sit outside and grab a bite- we were told that the food hut at the outside pool was closing early and we could not order. the restaurant was also closed and we were directed toa small dark indoor cafe by the lounge . when we asked one of the staff where we could get some food- they suggested that we go over to publix across the street!!!!! of course the juice bar was still closed as was the bamboo pool which according to prior reviews had been closed down since march! it does not seem that there is any intention of fixing it any time soon and the hotel should be up front about this to future travelers. altough we were told at checkin that the hotel was "fully committed" i have no idea what this means because the premises seemed empty during the few days we were here. i would not recommend the hotel to friends or family because while it is beautiful, the staff and overall vibe is unaccommodating considering the prices . the incident at the salon with the overcharging is simply unacceptable. i would be surprised if this hotel is still operating a year from now because i do not suspect that they will get repeat business from guests. still had a great time visiting with my girlfriends but t had nothing to do with th hotel or service. big disappointment!!! future travelers be advised and informed and call beforehand to determne which if any of the so called amenities are available during your stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
crlmbmd, Matthias Kammerer, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, May 12, 2010
Dear Guest,
I have had a chance to review your experience at our salon and must admit that it was handled very unprofessionally and I do apologize for the inconvenience. We failed to meet basic service and conflict resolution expectations as well as our own standards. Your feedback has provided us with perfect staff training opportunities. We also made changes to operating procedures to ensure this will not happen again.
Repairs and enhancements to the Bamboo pool will begin in June, in the meantime we offer three other pools, including two oceanfront settings.
Thank you again for the open and honest feedback.
Matthias Kammerer

Been to Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach? Share your experiences!