My experience at the Carillon has been.....Terrible. I will concede that their spa and gym facilities are not bad, as are the rooms and views. However, the food in the restaurant and by the pool is so bad, so so bad, that I have genuinely wondered if I am on one of the hidden camera shows. I asked for a steak medium and they said it came with lyonnaise potatoes. They brought a charred overcooked filet on burned sliced potatoes. I sent it back and they brought an actual raw piece of meat (no kidding), i felt mocked by the kitchen. The third time it was burned again. I switched by order to a salad. And nothing was said another the potatoes, but lyonnaise they were not. My friend’s salmon was very dry and our heirloom tomato appetizer was made with one mealy and one not yet ripe tomato. We obviously did not return again for dinner. However we did have breakfast included, it was like something out of a comedy sketch, spoiled milk, over salting of eggs to the point that the crystals are visible, and chlorine tasting oatmeal are just a few examples. i didn't leave that many examples out bc you barely had any choices, it looked like a kids buffet. I'm not saying the food isn't good or that you won't get fine dining....I'm saying that it's AWFUL!!!! STAY AWAY!!!! Lets talk about the security guys, they are rude and disrespectful, i was stretching at the gym after a long run, the security guy approached me and said in a rude tone of voice “you can’t stretch here”. Its a gym where else should i stretch? The pool looks nasty and super dirty, full of sand and dirt. The front desk is very rude and not helpful at all, if you ask any of them a question, they will direct you to GOOGLE .I will never stay here again and with food and service like this it should not be considered a leading hotel. The Canyon Ranch is better off not associating their brand with this “motel quality service” hotel. They are many other hotels on the beach with the same views, same beach but better service. i would recommend The Setai, St. Regis and many other hotels for the same price as this nasty hotel. Don't be fooled by the "5star reviews". Do your research.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A feast for your senses, The Carillon Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach offers inspiring healthy living opportunities in a stunning luxury hotel setting - plus easy access to everything an exciting city has to offer. Housed in the modernized and restored Carillon Hotel - a classic of Miami Modern architecture - our hotel will enchant you with its exquisite design and matchless views. Situated on more than 750 linear feet of uncrowded white beach, The Carillon Hotel & Spa is convenient to both Bal Harbour and South Beach. This all-suite hotel just 30 minutes from Miami International Airport is an oasis of tranquility, warmth and healthy living in one of the world's most vibrant cities. In a serene atmosphere of casual elegance, you can relax in your spacious, luxuriously appointed suite, float in a sparkling pool, savor healthy gourmet cuisine and organic wines and spirits at award-winning restaurant, work out in the largest and most beautifully appointed Spa in South Florida, and discover unsurpassed spa, fitness and health and wellness services. With its beautiful beach and menu of activities for parents and children, this splendid oceanfront hotel also offers a taste of healthy living experience for families. From morning walks on the beach and the thrill of our two-story indoor rock-climbing wall to integrative health experts to advise and inspire you, you'll find endless ways to reawaken your spirit and refresh your soul at The Carillon Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, our Miami Beach boutique hotel offers an abundance of choices. In this magnificent oceanfront setting, kick back and relax, get outside and play, or explore our holistic approach to health and wellness with top experts to guide you. You can also take advantage of our legendary signature spa services that are conveniently offered a la carte to fit your schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LHW, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Carillon Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon Ranch Hotel And Spa Miami Beach
- Canyon Hotel Miami Beach
- Canyon Resort Miami Beach